Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(10) Kentucky 72 - (5) Duke 65 (Women's Basketball)
Final

Huge win for Kentucky!
YEAH!!!!!

HUGE WIN FOR UK!!! Loved seeing Coach Mitchell get the Rupp crowd going by bashing duke during the media timeout at the UK/Portland game. I was at this game and he made an announcement to the crowd encouraging them to come. Glad to see him back the talk up in the game! Go Big Blue!
Wooooooooooooooooo. Heck yea
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- A'dia Mathies scored 23 points, freshman Bria Goss added 18 and No. 10 Kentucky beat No. 6 Duke 72-65 on Thursday night in front of the largest home crowd for a women's game in Wildcats history.

Freshman Azia Bishop added 12 points as Kentucky (9-0) shook off a slow start with a second-half rally in front of 14,508 fans at Rupp Arena for its 29th straight nonconference home win. The Wildcats used their pressure defense to force the Blue Devils into a season-high 24 turnovers and made several clutch shots during an 8-0 run that sealed the victory.

Elizabeth Williams scored 17 for Duke (6-2), but the Blue Devils couldn't counter Kentucky after falling behind by 10 with just under 5 minutes to play.

Duke's only previous loss was by two points to Notre Dame.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=313420096
I picked this game right on target in the prediction thread. I said it would be UK 72 Duke 65, and by golly that's was the final score. :praise:
^ Nice!!!

Now if you can do that again for UK in the NCAA tourney games there will be a bunch of happy people on here!
I was at this game. Great atmosphere for a women's game. Mathies is a BEAST.
GetChili Wrote:I was at this game. Great atmosphere for a women's game. Mathies is a BEAST.

She is one of the best players in the country. If she keeps playing the way she has, it will be very hard to beat Kentucky.
blue1424 Wrote:She is one of the best players in the country. If she keeps playing the way she has, it will be very hard to beat Kentucky.

She really is. Her 3-ball led the Lady Cats to a victory over Duke.
How amazing would it be for both programs to win it all.
Great Pics!!!! UK Hoops is rockin this year!!!
With the two wins against top ten teams, what will they move up to?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
This is a signature win for UK women's hoops. Could be the launching point for something great.