Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(1) Kentucky 81 - St. Johns 59
Final

Cats 7-0
Good game by UK. Controlled the paint and the break. Didn't shoot as good as they usually do.

Looking forward to Saturday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
WOW! Davis was one block away from a 15-15-10 game. Cal pulled him with about 5:00 left!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hope we come out of the gate shooting the ball a little better. IF we do no problem against UNC.
David breasted tonight! Still didnt like Teague much though. Oh and have to say this. Get up miller!!! Haha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Alright, I pulled in and missed the entire game. From what I heard on the radio, it sounded like a dominating performance. I'll watch it on DVR later.
I don't see us dominating the interior as much on UNC. I think if we shoot better and play defense like that we will beat UNC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

Stardust Wrote:Alright, I pulled in and missed the entire game. From what I heard on the radio, it sounded like a dominating performance. I'll watch it on DVR later.

It was a Dominating Defensive effort. Offense looked awful in the first half. 2nd half much better.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I don't see us dominating the interior as much on UNC. I think if we shoot better and play defense like that we will beat UNC.

They most def won't play the inside game like that come Saturday but if uk plays that kind of defense they have a good chance at winning. I think it ultimately comes down to the play of Teague though
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
St Johns was playing a 2-3 match up zone. We never completely figured it out. A lot of our easy points were on fast breaks and broken plays. I felt like Teague played better tonight. And what can ya say about Davis and Jones? Dominance. Win #7 of 40.
Hahahahah! I love it! Coming for you, UNC! Eat some Big Blue D**k!! 40-0...#8

KENTUCKY BASKETBALL
Freshman Anthony Davis flirted with the second triple-double in Kentucky basketball history and the Cats smothered St. John's 81-59 Thursday night in Rupp Arena.
Davis set career highs with 15 rebounds and eight blocks while also scoring 15 points. Before exiting with 4:44 left, he appeared to block a ninth shot, which would have equaled a UK individual record (shared by Andre Riddick and Sam Bowie). But a foul call nullified the block.
Davis' blocks fueled a defense that made St. John's live up to its billing as the nation's youngest team.
Teammate Terrence Jones equaled a career-high of four blocks as Kentucky's 18 rejections broke the school record of 17 against Morehead State on Nov. 20, 1997.
Davis' replacement, Eloy Vargas, got the record-breaking block with about two minutes left.
Jones led top-ranked Kentucky with 26 points. Doron Lamb added 16.
"If we make them work on defense, I think we'll be able to frustrate them," St. John's freshman Moe Harkless said earlier in the week.. "And we'll be able to get easy baskets."
Whether by St. John's doing or not, Kentucky worked on defense.
With less than five minutes remaining in the first half, St. John's had been guilty of as many 35-second shot clock violations (five) as it had scored baskets (five). No wonder Kentucky led at halftime.
UK rode defense to a 31-20 lead at intermission. The Cats blocked 10 shots and limited St. John's to 8-for-27 shooting.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/12/01/19799...z1fLODoarg
Big winner for me tonight.. -21.5...
[Image: http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/up...MILLER.gif]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We could beat anybody in the country if we played defense like that every night. I'm still not impressed with Teague. He is a good ball player don't get me wrong but he needs to step it up some
I honestly believe that Teague has left 10-20 points this season off the scoreboard because of missing layups and bunnies. Come on man! lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Co-Game Ball: Anthony Davis

15 points, 15 rebounds, 8 blocks & 2 steals...just a awesome performance from Davis.

Co-Game Ball: Terrence Jones

26 points & 9 rebounds, not much else to say about his performance.

-----

Good Thoughts:

- I thought Teague played good, he continues to take better care of the basketball, only had 2 turnovers, I agree he needs to finish better at the rim tho. Still not a bad game.

- Doron Lamb had a very good shooting game going for 16 points on 6-10 shooting, very quality game from the shooting guard.

- Darius Miller had a poor shooting night, but led the team in assists with 6 and had one of the sickest dunks of the night.

- Eloy Vargas, only played 5 minutes tonight but he showed alot of improvement and intensity in those 5 minutes.

-----

Not So Good Thoughts:

- Kyle Wiltjer only 1-5 shooting and just 3 rebounds in 12 minutes of play...pretty forgettable night for Wiltjer.

- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist struggled with his shooting, seemed very uncomfortable. He did play good defense tho, as usual.

- Free Throw Shooting...below 70% is unacceptable for this team.
^
Good insight.
I couldnt agree more.
I dont just wanna beat UNC.

I wanna beat UNC by 30.