Poll: 3A State Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
50.00%
Central
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central Dec. 3 (3A State Championship)
MADJACK75 Wrote:Central playerrs dont worry about these pirates, they dont hit, o-line wont fire off the ball or stay on a block, backs dont hit the holes, wont take on tacklers. D is slow, cant get off blocks, dont get to the ball, you can run straight up the middle on them, come on into bg friday, stay up late chase the girls, eat a big breakfast saturday morning, them mozy on down and get your trophey

You forgot the part where they can get Wales the rushing record and still be able to bench him the 4th Quarter so people won't say "they ran up the score on purpose to give him more carries"
TheTruthwillset Wrote:No,i'm not a Central fan and no i'm not a belfry fan and i'm from the eastern part of kentucky. I just don't think that belfry can stop central they are just more skilled period. there defence is amazing fast and they have a good quaterback. There so much more the Ace Wales,so you can say your going to win all you want but you all know deep down inside you will lose.Just want admit it.
no belfry doesnt know deep dpwn they will lose cause no one knows that, you truely do not know the outcome to a ballgame til game day , teams have their good and bad days and seasons, belfry's team this year is stronger and more level headed than last years. you all can doubt us all you want but i believe we have a chance if we are there to play, like i said we wont know until gameday so you can continue saying what you please you are probably upset that your team did not make it as far , which is sad that you have to take it out on teams that worked hard to get where they are.
Well, I will be rooting for the Pirates and hope that they're somehow able to pull off a miracle and win but, Central shutout the best team that the Mountains have to offer in Bell Co so, it doesn't look good for Belfry and coach Haywood. Good luck Pirates!!

Central - 28

Belfry - 0

Prove me wrong Pirates!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
The fact that belfry fans think they will hang with central is laughable.
^ You might be right cool guy, but that is why you play the game. Why not offer an analysis on WHY Belfry cannot stay in the game?

I know Belfry fans get on here and cheerlead pretty hard. I also understand why that bothers some other folks. But, exactly what is served by that post? Jeez.

Belfry is clearly the underdog. To say it is "laughable" to think they "will hang" is just disrespectful. Belfry has a pretty solid team. They are not as athletic as Central. IMO they do not have the speed to contain Wales, but I think they will compete and show better than last season.

A lot of posters probably know this already but just to add some information to the thread; Belfry's secondary is better this season. Dixon has transformed his body from the safety position. He is a far better player than last season. Josh Robinson is a completely different player than last year and is an upgrade in speed at the other safety. Sani Warren (#6) was a frosh last year and is a year more mature at CB. He has had a good season. The other CB, Zach Thacker has shown nice tackling ability and good cover skills. IMO, he is better than his predecessor. (no offense to the other young man)

All four Belfry LB'ers started last season. They are all a year older, a big stronger, quicker and more experienced. Will it be enough? Probably not, but they are improved.

Last year in the finals, Belfry turned the ball over early and often. This season, the offense has excuted much better. Willis had some success last season and is improved. Williams has really improved at executing the flexbone and the timing is much better. IMO the line is slightly better than last season. Messer at TE is a year older and improved. Dotson is an improvement over that season's Flanker. Etc

Look, Central was young last season too. Wales has cut people up all year. He likely will have a good deal of success on Saturday. I just don't think you can automatically say Belfry will be "laughable" because of last year's final.
I'm a Central fan and we respect our opponent !
WideRight05 Wrote:The fact that belfry fans think they will hang with central is laughable.

Haha. Douche bag.
At my buddy 0304 it's lookin bad for me on Saturday , hope I can make it . My son is going to have a little time off & I'll come if he wants to go
Since Central has so much speed on defensive, I wonder if Belfry would be well served to go to the traditional bone. They can run effectively between the tackles out of the flex but there is know way they can run that stretch sweep against Central. They need to get there shoulders parallel to the line of scrimage and start running down hill as soon as possible. I know Coach Haywood doesn't do something all season long just to change it for one game but this would be a minor wrinkle and could put pressure on more areas of the los for the d. I do look for Belfry to take a couple of shots down field in the 1st half like in 07(not even counting the wound duck at the end of the half). They actually had a couple of passes go through their hands. If they completed one or two of them Central would have been forced to lessen the amount of men in the box.
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...y=nav|head

Watch the video with Frakes and Demling..... everyone ready for the Central show on Saturday?

The only storyline worth following is can Wales go for 425 and get the record?
^Never was a Demling fan anyway.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...y=nav|head

Watch the video with Frakes and Demling..... everyone ready for the Central show on Saturday?

Really don't like those guys :-)

On another note, I can't wait for Saturday
Anyone else think Demling looks like Peter from the Family Guy..
Belfry_99 Wrote:Anyone else think Demling looks like Peter from the Family Guy..

That's Frakes....and the answer is Yes
EKUAlum05 Wrote:http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...y=nav|head

The part that caught my attention more than anything was "they haven't seen anything like Wales since the last years final". I beg to differ. Belfry seen THE STATE'S leading rusher in Jude.
Last year JC beat us 42-7
This year, 21-14

Jude had 290 last year
119 this year.

I don't know how the game will turn out, Central could very well blow us out 55-0 if that's how it plays out, but to say we haven't improved since last year is laughable in it's own. Let's just hope the Good Lord blesses my Pirates with a W.
Belfry going to bring the title back to the mountains!
Do any Belfry fans go to Gulner Freewill baptist church ?
Coachdad Wrote:Do any Belfry fans go to Gulner Freewill baptist church ?

Doubt it...that is a good distance away from Belfry.

Belfry HS probably has one of the highest minority percentages in EKY for a county school if that's what you were hinting at.
^ That is such a pitiful situation. Obviously, that is outrageous and I think I can speak for all of us Belfry fans when I say we strongly condemn that kind of hatred.

I saw an article saying the entire "church" if you want to call it that was around 40 people.

PITIFUL
Coachdad Wrote:Do any Belfry fans go to Gulner Freewill baptist church ?

:eyeroll: This seems to be creep up on ya and slap you in the back of the head kind of post to me. Why would Belfry be brought up in this equation? Gulnare Church in a different area than Belfry altogether. It might have been an honest ?, but I honestly don't think that it was. It surely should not have been mentioned in a sports thread that had no bearing what so ever to do with either team. I'm sure city of Lousiville has no racist in or around it.
Those were tough losses,” said Wales, who sat out the playoff opener against Corbin because of a bruised collarbone. “We’re not a one-dimensional team. We have a good offensive line, and I think our defense is the best in the state.”
there good but not that good...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I don't have much to add that hasn't been mentioned already.

Belfry has had several strengths that have allowed them to advance, which in this game are either neutralized or in the favor of Central.

-Central is as deep as Belfry, if not deeper.
-Central is as physical as Belfry, if not moreso
-Central can impose their will on the pace of the game.
-Scroggins is as good as any coach in the State when it comes to adjustments.

If one were to make a table showing 20 items and listing who has the advantage, the only column where Belfry would distinctly have the check mark in their favor would be on the Offensive and Defensive Lines, and even those are very slight advantages IMHO.

It is painfully obvious if both teams bring an equal performance to the game that the Pirates will lose this one, and probably by a few TD's.

The one thing that does give me hope is the fact we are still yet to see this still relatively young Belfry team play to their full potential and put together a perfect game on both sides of the ball. The Pirates have shown flashes of offensive brilliance, but haven't proven to be able to sustain it for 4 full Quarters. The Pirates haven't shown the form of the defense that stonewalled a very good Ashland team as well.

Belfry has proven that they can move the ball on the ground against Central in the previous two State Final meetings... what has killed Belfry has been turnovers (quick change points in particular), missed tackles on the stretch play, and the deep ball. I warned Bell County fans prior to their game that Central may very well e the most lethal team in Kentucky at turning your turnovers into points. In 2007 the Pick 6 before the Half was the turning point and cost Belfry the game. Last year, trailing 7-0 the Pirates fumbled in their own territory and Central promptly made it 14-0 on the very next play... trailing 21-0 the Pirates still had a pulse as they had drove into Central territory with a chance to cut the lead to 14 before the Half. The Pirates fumble..Central scoops...then returns it for a TD. Suddenly instead of trailing by 2 TD's at halftime the Pirates trailed by 4 TD's.

Protecting the football against the hard hitting Yellowjackets is easier said than done... but if the Pirates can do so... and can force Wales to be them with numerous 5-10 yard runs instead of 3 or 4 40-60 yard runs to where the clock moves quickly and the number of possessions are limited...the the Pirates have a chance.

All things considered I see Central beating Belfry similar to the Ft. Campbell game.

Is it against the rules to have David Jones put on the pads and lineup at HB this week to prepare the defense for Wales' strength and speed? Big Grin

i wondered exactly the same thing. wasn't sure if anybody else would've thought of this, but that's undoubtedly the best way to prepare the defense for the kind of speed wales has.
The 2011 Pirate Voyage
The Williamson Daily News
1 day 5 hrs ago | 751 views | 0 | 10 | |
slideshow

slideshow

slideshow

slideshow

slideshow

slideshow

slideshow

slideshow

slideshow

slideshow

slideshow

slideshow

slideshow

slideshow After 13 wins and one loss, the Belfry Pirates next stop is at Western Kentucky University Feix Field, Houchens/LT Smith Stadium in Bowling Green, Ky. for a rematch with Louisville Central for the Class 3A state championship.

The two schools met last year where Central's speed was too much for the Pirates.

It appears cockiness is the word of the day for the Yellowjackets with posts left on Facebook bragging about the easy win Central will have against the Pirates. Some might call this adding fuel to the fire. Gametime is 11 a.m.

Game 1 Belfry vs Harrison County (W)

Game 2 Belfry vs Henry Clay (W)

Game 3 Belfry vs Prestonsburg (W)

Game 4 Belfry vs Pikeville (W)

Game 5 Belfry vs Sheldon Clark (W)

Game 6 Belfry vs East Ridge (W)

Game 7 Belfry vs Ashland Blazer (W)

Game 8 Belfry vs Lawrence County (W)

Game 9 Belfry vs Pike County Central (W)

Game 10 Belfry vs Johnson Central (L)

PLAYOFFS

Game 1 Belfry vs Jackson County (W)

Game 2 Belfry vs Lawrence County (W)

Game 3 Belfry vs Breathitt County (W)

Game 4 Belfry vs Garrard County (W)

State Championship Belfry vs Central Dec. 3 to be determined

Read more: The Williamson Daily News - The 2011 Pirate Voyage
To all the Central and Belfry fans traveling today, be safe and may the Gas Price Gods bless ya.
Good luck to both the Belfry Pirates and the Louisville Central Yellow Jackets. I hope that both teams play with honor, respect and both teams leave it on the field when that final buzzer sounds. Leave the trashtalking and dirty plays at home or on the bus and just bring it!

Belfry's Smashmouth + Central's Speed = On heck of a game if both sides hang on to the ball. Hang on to the ball Pirates!

Good luck and safe travels to Coach Haywood, the Belfry Pirates, the Pond Creek Nation and the Central Yellow Jackets too. Bring # 3 back to Pond Creek baby!:1::1::1:

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!

TongueirateSho:redboxer:TongueirateSho:redboxer:TongueirateSho:redboxer:
Crossbones Wrote::eyeroll: This seems to be creep up on ya and slap you in the back of the head kind of post to me. Why would Belfry be brought up in this equation? Gulnare Church in a different area than Belfry altogether. It might have been an honest ?, but I honestly don't think that it was. It surely should not have been mentioned in a sports thread that had no bearing what so ever to do with either team. I'm sure city of Lousiville has no racist in or around it.

It was an honest ? Nobody else reacted that way who responded, all it says was it's in Pike county how is somebody in Louisville supposed to know it's not near belfry, furthermore I have several friends at Belfry so I've lived long enough to know not everybody everywhere is racist .I guess if you want a negative interpretation of an honest question that what your going to do. Glad everyone didn't take that ? Out of context !
leaving Jonesboro Arkansas at 8;30 central time,all the Belfry fans will see you in BG later the LORD willing,Central fans,have a safe trip as well, pray for and injury free,exciting game this year that will go to the wire....
Coachdad Wrote:It was an honest ? Nobody else reacted that way who responded, all it says was it's in Pike county how is somebody in Louisville supposed to know it's not near belfry, furthermore I have several friends at Belfry so I've lived long enough to know not everybody everywhere is racist .I guess if you want a negative interpretation of an honest question that what your going to do. Glad everyone didn't take that ? Out of context !

I think the reaction Coachdad was so strong from that person because some of us from Pike county are very offended by the actions of the aforementioned religious establishment and would like nothing more than to punch a Zealot in the face. I know that was my reaction when my wife told me of the situation, and I am all the way in Atlanta where the musings of Pike Co should not bother me, but it's home. So when the question was raised here the person got slightly offended as they felt it was implied they were being associated with said religious nut cases.

On a Football note, GO PIRATES.
CLASS 3A
Belfry (13-1) vs. Central (11-3), noon: Central has won three titles in four years, including two championship victories over the Pirates — 27-17 in 2007 and 46-7 last December. Belfry won titles in 2003 and 2004.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/12/01/19797...z1fO9iebha
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next