Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity vs. Any college in Kentucky
who wins and why? lol
Any college in Kentucky. This is by far the stupidest thread ever.
This thread is pointless.
Any college football team in Kentucky would destroy Trinity.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wow you guys are thrashing on me. It was meant as a joke i know most colleges would destroy Trintity but u guys didnt have to take to heart. Have some fun and not always be so tight. I mean can guys honestly think there are some small colleges trinity could beat?
They could prolley compete with a Junior college team that only had freshman, and sophomores for a drive or two. But you guys shouldn't be assholes to him for joking around iv seen probably 50 different posts on here of people saying trinity would beat UK.
lol, they just said pointless and stupidest.

I think some NAIA schools would lose to them...but most would stomp them. It's just a completely different level.
No, NAIA schools would beat Trinity. College > High School.
There is a huge jump in talent from high school to college at all levels. Granted Trinity recruits like a college, they wouldn't beat any college team. But it is funny that it does come up. Kind of like asking if a college team can beat a pro team
I would take them over Cumberland and Unions JV teams...
Real Badman Wrote:No, NAIA schools would beat Trinity. College > High School.

lol, alright know-it-all. You even watched Trinity play?
Several times, I have big collection of St.X-Trinity tapes. However to believe a high school team can ever compete with a college team, you might as well say that Duke could beat the Boston Celtics.
Hahaha, Duke-Celtics is alot different.

I didn't say they could beat any NAIA team, like I said, it's a completely different level. I do think they could beat a couple of the worst teams in the country though.
Real Badman Wrote:Several times, I have big collection of St.X-Trinity tapes. However to believe a high school team can ever compete with a college team, you might as well say that Duke could beat the Boston Celtics.

Anything is possible...
especially with some of the NAIA teams out there...

When you think about it, take a high shool team that has 11 or 12 D1 prospects on it and the rest have a legit shot at going to a decent d2 or NAIA school. Are you saying they couldnt beat a young college team that starts mainly freeshmen and sophomores? Because in that scenario, that high school team would pretty much be a college team starting freshmen against a college team starting sophomores and juniors, which has happened before. Theres only a 1 or 2 year age difference, and as long as the high school team has the talent, its possible.
Trinity is the best highschool team I've ever seen...this includes the top-ranked high school's I watched in Cali, Arizona and Nevada.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Anything is possible...
especially with some of the NAIA teams out there...

When you think about it, take a high shool team that has 11 or 12 D1 prospects on it and the rest have a legit shot at going to a decent d2 or NAIA school. Are you saying they couldnt beat a young college team that starts mainly freeshmen and sophomores? Because in that scenario, that high school team would pretty much be a college team starting freshmen against a college team starting sophomores and juniors, which has happened before. Theres only a 1 or 2 year age difference, and as long as the high school team has the talent, its possible.

I'd say D3 before I'd say NAIA. NAIA gets really good athletes, who are really poor students and can still give scholarship money. It's D3 that can give no money, thus anyone that goes there was probably not getting money to go anyplace else.
Thomas More 68
Trinity 7

Sorry, no running clock.
vundy33 Wrote:Trinity is the best highschool team I've ever seen...this includes the top-ranked high school's I watched in Cali, Arizona and Nevada.

They are definitely up there, I still don't think they beat the 2004 Cincinnati Colerain football team. They have Trinity beat in speed, athleticism, and defense.
Whole different level guys. They would get smacked in the mouth
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
not sure about any college in kentucky but....trinity 14-Tennessee 3. lol
southbound Wrote:not sure about any college in kentucky but....trinity 14-Tennessee 3. lol

But that still means The Rocks would beat UK....
I'd take Trinity or at least call it a pick-em game against any NAIA team in KY. Trinity has 10 or 12 guys who will play high level D1 football. Those kids are better right now than anyone playing NAIA.

This would be similar to a team like Oak Hill playing against Union College in basketball. Without a doubt Oak Hill would embarrass Union, or the Cumberlands. Pikeville may play with them but I doubt it.
Trinity is a heck of a football team. But college is a whole new world. I think they'd have a lot of close games, but no wins.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I played at a small NAIA school. Trinity could beat the Freshmen but that is not the question. In a real game they would be playing guys who have had 4 sometimes five years to train physically and hone skills. No contest. Those 10 or 12 D1 recruits in most cases will red shirt and then not see much action in their Freshmen year. Keep in mind the difference between a good NAIA player and a D1 average player is usually 2 inches, a couple tenths on a 40 and 20 or 30 pounds on key lifts. That difference would be eliminated in such a game.

Still, they are good enough to make people ask this question. That is pretty good.
Altro Cat Wrote:I'd take Trinity or at least call it a pick-em game against any NAIA team in KY. Trinity has 10 or 12 guys who will play high level D1 football. Those kids are better right now than anyone playing NAIA.

This would be similar to a team like Oak Hill playing against Union College in basketball. Without a doubt Oak Hill would embarrass Union, or the Cumberlands. Pikeville may play with them but I doubt it.

Can not compare basketball to football. The physical difference in football far out ways the physical difference in basketball. Have you ever been to an NAIA college football game? There is a lot of D1 talent on the field every Saturday. Georgetown, Cumberlands, Lindsey Wilson, and Pikeville would absolutely CRUSH Trinity. The physical strength of the MEN in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of college would be a world apart from KIDS in high school. An 18-19 high school player may be strong but nothing compared to a 21-24 old man. Plus the fact that no one on those college teams plays both sides of the ball. They work on one position, with a position coach, every day of their career. This allows the college team to remain fresh for 4 quarters. Their bodies are more mature and just bigger, stronger and faster than the high schoolers.
Trinity playing a college team... ANY college team... would be like a very good high school team, say Trinity, playing a high school JV team.
Trinity is an outstanding high school team but, let's be realistic, they are a HIGH SCHOOL team.
Stardust Wrote:I'd say D3 before I'd say NAIA. NAIA gets really good athletes, who are really poor students and can still give scholarship money. It's D3 that can give no money, thus anyone that goes there was probably not getting money to go anyplace else.

Good point dusty.
Stardust Wrote:But that still means The Rocks would beat UK....

na, cats D would hold em. uk 7 trinity 3 Confusednicker:
Trinity

Trinity over UK
Forever Maroon Wrote:Can not compare basketball to football. The physical difference in football far out ways the physical difference in basketball. Have you ever been to an NAIA college football game? There is a lot of D1 talent on the field every Saturday. Georgetown, Cumberlands, Lindsey Wilson, and Pikeville would absolutely CRUSH Trinity. The physical strength of the MEN in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of college would be a world apart from KIDS in high school. An 18-19 high school player may be strong but nothing compared to a 21-24 old man. Plus the fact that no one on those college teams plays both sides of the ball. They work on one position, with a position coach, every day of their career. This allows the college team to remain fresh for 4 quarters. Their bodies are more mature and just bigger, stronger and faster than the high schoolers.
Trinity playing a college team... ANY college team... would be like a very good high school team, say Trinity, playing a high school JV team.
Trinity is an outstanding high school team but, let's be realistic, they are a HIGH SCHOOL team.

Well we will just have to agree to disagree. I understand what you are saying about the age difference but I think you are disregarding the obvious skill and talent advantage that Trinity would have. Trinity IMO would have the most talented players on the field.

A better analogy may be a team like Alabama or LSU playing against a CFL or Arena League team. The arena league team would be older and more experienced but they would be the leftovers that the NFL didn't want. Much like NAIA players or high school players that the D1 and D1 teams didn't want.
Altro Cat Wrote:Well we will just have to agree to disagree. I understand what you are saying about the age difference but I think you are disregarding the obvious skill and talent advantage that Trinity would have. Trinity IMO would have the most talented players on the field.

A better analogy may be a team like Alabama or LSU playing against a CFL or Arena League team. The arena league team would be older and more experienced but they would be the leftovers that the NFL didn't want. Much like NAIA players or high school players that the D1 and D1 teams didn't want.
And the CFL or Arena team would absolutely destroy either Bama or LSU. You just do not understand the difference in PROS playing College, or college playing high school kids. HUGE difference in each! Not only size but, strength, speed, EXPERIENCE, and knowledge of the game. College players as well as pro players are coached at their craft non-stop 365 days a year. I don't know what you do for a living but I can bet you are better at that job now than you were when you first started.
And what skill and athletic advantage would Trinity have? 7-10 All-staters on Trinity and around 20-25 on an NAIA team of a roster of over 110 players. I will take an experienced 21-24 year old MAN in a football game against 18 year old kids. That's a 110+ roster of very athletic ADULTS. How many would Trinity dress? 85-90, not counting freshman? And of those 85-90, how many would be juniors or seniors? 30-35? ANY college team would have the advantage in just size and numbers alone. May not be all D1 players but these teams are loaded with all-state athletes who, for one reason or another, didn't go major D1. Once again, no matter how good you think Trinity is, Trinity is still a high school team with high school kids.
This is the best way I can put this

I watched Trinity play Cincinnati St. Xavier and they only scored 17 points on them, 10 of them in the 4th quarter. Now St. Xavier is known nationally for their tough defensive schemes, but any high school team that is capable of "beating a college team" doesn't struggle with the 3rd best high school team in Ohio.

Now Trinity is one of the best high school teams I've ever seen (behind 2004 Cincinnati Colerain and 2007 Cincy St. Xavier), but mentally they are not ready to play a college team. There's a huge jump in talent and maturity from high school to college.