Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(6) Duke 68 - (14) Kansas 61
Duke get's some of the luckiest shots I've ever seen. They could fall down at half court and throw it up and it'd still go in
Lol, Funny how u call on offensive foul on kansas when he barely touched the dukie. Then plumblee tackles there guy at mid court and they call it out on kansas. THEN THE GUY JUMPS AT THE 3 POINT LINE! Jumps! and then passes! Clearly a walk but u dont see it. Bill Self should smack a bought off ref.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol, Funny how u call on offensive foul on kansas when he barely touched the dukie. Then plumblee tackles there guy at mid court and they call it out on kansas. THEN THE GUY JUMPS AT THE 3 POINT LINE! Jumps! and then passes! Clearly a walk but u dont see it. Bill Self should smack a bought off ref.

and to beat it all, Thorton on that last 3 he looked like he was out of bounds
Yea your right. Duke cheated. Your hilarious

I'll go ahead and admit, it was a walk by curry at the end. But hey, where always accused of cheating and getting all the calls. So why not for once get it .. Go duke!!!!

Huge game by mason and Ryan
Game ball goes to Kansas as a team and the ref who missed the walk. My God, only Duke would win a game like this. A clear walk is missed in a crucial moment, then a guy who they don't look to for offense at all, hits the skankest shot of his life. I'm borrowing part of a Eminem lyric, but Duke is the shit stain of life.
Have I ever said that i hate Duke? Well, I hate Duke!! The Refs miss the obvious walk and then Thornton just throws the ball up without even being able to see the basket and it somehow manages to go in!!:HitWall::redboxer: TOTAL BS!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Aslan Wrote:Game ball goes to Kansas as a team and the ref who missed the walk. My God, only Duke would win a game like this. A clear walk is missed in a crucial moment, then a guy who they don't look to for offense at all, hits the skankest shot of his life. I'm borrowing part of a Eminem lyric, but Duke is the shit stain of life.

lol I love the jealousy.

GO DUKE!:rockon: :worthy:Mason Plumlee
Ohh how Duke wins another one by being Lucky!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
WoJo Wrote:lol I love the jealousy.

GO DUKE!:rockon: :worthy:Mason Plumlee

Cool story bro, but I'd never be jealous of an inferior program like Duke. Like it or not, your team is the shit stain of life.
Aslan Wrote:Cool story bro, but I'd never be jealous of an inferior program like Duke. Like it or not, but your team is the shit stain of life.

statements like this just shows your lack of intelligence of college basketball as well as the shear jealousy you have of the most dominating program of the last 30 years.
Lol, seriously? I'm not just talking about the last 30 years. Everybody knows of Dukes dominance in the last 30 years. BUT UK historically is the the most dominate school and is still the premiere school today. So yes, Duke is inferior.
Aslan Wrote:Lol, seriously? I'm not just talking about the last 30 years. Everybody knows of Dukes dominance in the last 30 years. BUT UK historically is the the most dominate school and is still the premiere school today. So yes, Duke is inferior.

I think you mean the premiere school back in the day, not today. Its a totally different game now than it was back in the 50's and 60's when they were dominant. Their time is over.
WoJo Wrote:I think you mean the premiere school back in the day, not today. Its a totally different game now than it was back in the 50's and 60's when they were dominant. Their time is over.

I'm going to borrow one of your lines and add a little more to it. Statements like this just shows your lack of intelligence of college basketball, your shear jealously of the greatest basketball tradition known to man, and your lack of basic human knowledge.

Just two years ago we won 30+ games and was the second #1 seed. We made the Final Four last year with a team that had it's best player ineligible. We're preseason #2 this year, shoud've been #1. We're going to go 40-0 and get #8 this year. Also three straight #1 recruiting classes, about to make it 4. Sounds pretty damn premiere to me. UK is here to dominate and is going to continually add on to their storied history.
Pooptooth with the kiss!!!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol, Funny how u call on offensive foul on kansas when he barely touched the dukie. Then plumblee tackles there guy at mid court and they call it out on kansas. THEN THE GUY JUMPS AT THE 3 POINT LINE! Jumps! and then passes! Clearly a walk but u dont see it. Bill Self should smack a bought off ref.

Conspiracy, must be a conspiracy. Those refs sure love dUKe.....They must be instructed at the highest of levels - GOD..... Even God has the fix in:popcorn:
LOL, congrats to dUKe fans for another day to feel good about yourself. I as a UK fan really could care less. I did not watch a single second of the game, and honestly had no desire to.... So I have no comment about the conspiracy that always seems to follow the team that gets every UK fans panties twisted so much that their balls turn dUKe blue....
Aslan Wrote:I'm going to borrow one of your lines and add a little more to it. Statements like this just shows your lack of intelligence of college basketball, your shear jealously of the greatest basketball tradition known to man, and your lack of basic human knowledge.

Just two years ago we won 30+ games and was the second #1 seed. We made the Final Four last year with a team that had it's best player ineligible. We're preseason #2 this year, shoud've been #1. We're going to go 40-0 and get #8 this year. Also three straight #1 recruiting classes, about to make it 4. Sounds pretty damn premiere to me. UK is here to dominate and is going to continually add on to their storied history.

i promise.. PROMISE, Kentucky will not go 40-0, step off your high horse and come back down. Its fans like you that turn me away from Kentucky.. every year, its, where going 40-0, where going to win the Championship. It gets old.,

Yea, they have a great team. but my god, the way you all beef them up, they should be able to win the NBA championship.
NYY10 Wrote:i promise.. PROMISE, Kentucky will not go 40-0, step off your high horse and come back down. Its fans like you that turn me away from Kentucky.. every year, its, where going 40-0, where going to win the Championship. It gets old.,

Yea, they have a great team. but my god, the way you all beef them up, they should be able to win the NBA championship.

I think that its believed this is the greatest team to ever be assembled......
This was dUKe's 5th Maui title
Lol. They are a really great team. I'll give em that. But there also freshman outside of 3 players or so. 40-0 is a bold prediction, anything can happen. Injury could occur and I hope it doesnt, the other team could be shooting lights out, could be foul trouble. Anything

But this is about duke not Kentucky. Mason plumlee and Ryan Kelly has to be the most improve players from last season, there's no true leader. Each night there's different players stepping up and that's what makes them a great team. I'm just happy they got the win,alot can be learn from this game.

Go Duke!!!
NYY10 Wrote:i promise.. PROMISE, Kentucky will not go 40-0, step off your high horse and come back down. Its fans like you that turn me away from Kentucky.. every year, its, where going 40-0, where going to win the Championship. It gets old.,

I've never seen anybody make that prediction before I did. I'm usually realistic and reasonable. 40-0 don't sound like either of those things, but this team could be that great! And when I made the prediction I said barring any key injury.
Stardust Wrote:I think that its believed this is the greatest team to ever be assembled......
College team, yes.
NYY10 Wrote:Lol. They are a really great team. I'll give em that. But there also freshman outside of 3 players or so. 40-0 is a bold prediction, anything can happen. Injury could occur and I hope it doesnt, the other team could be shooting lights out, could be foul trouble. Anything

But this is about duke not Kentucky. Mason plumlee and Ryan Kelly has to be the most improve players from last season, there's no true leader. Each night there's different players stepping up and that's what makes them a great team. I'm just happy they got the win,alot can be learn from this game.

Go Duke!!!

I am the creator of Narnia and a freaking lion, so I have the right to be bold.
Duke is now 15-0 in the Maui Invitational and picks up their 5th Maui title.
After reading the first 2 posts in this one I didn't bother to fool with the rest as I knew where this one was going.

I'll sum it up....

Duke is lucky.
Refs gave this one to Duke.
I hate Duke.
UK is the best program ever.
^ Zaga, you hit a Grand Slam with that post
zaga_fan Wrote:Duke is now 15-0 in the Maui Invitational and picks up their 5th Maui title.
After reading the first 2 posts in this one I didn't bother to fool with the rest as I knew where this one was going.

I'll sum it up....

Duke is lucky.
Refs gave this one to Duke.
I hate Duke.
UK is the best program ever.

Actually there was more stupidity on the Duke side, for once.
^ L o L
I just now read through it all and it was pretty even.

All bias aside.....
We all know over the last 30 years that Duke has been the dominant team in the country.
Since UK started their program, they have been the most "consistantly elite" school in the country. If that makes sense.

With the strides Cal has made to get this program going in the right direction, I believe UK is right back up there with Duke. Now that the Dark Ages of the Billy Clyde years are over and the last few seasons of "Ten Loss-Tubby" are a distant memory.....
UK has nowhere to go but up. And mark my words, if the NBA owners get the new age-limit passed, UK will have a shot at a DYNASTY during Cal's tenure. IMO the only team that can stop them is Duke. Coach K has proven he can recruit talent to play in a system that wins ballgames and graduates players. While Cal has won A LOT of game but he's having to teach kids how to play basketball the whole time and doesn't get to focus on what it takes to win ballgames as a team.

These teams haven't played in forever but I think it's time for this rivalry to be reborn.
They will have to play each other in the coming years on the way to championships and I fully expect Cal to force the issue of scheduling them during the regular season.
My only hope is that this rivalry can turn to a one of mutual respect verses the one of hate that it is right now.
But that will never happen lol
UK tried, but Duke refused to play at Rupp, just wanted to play at their place. Which is stupid. They get to play next year, but it's untelling when they'll play again after that. I hope to God we meet them in the tournament this year.
And if college athletes have to stay 2+ years, UK might break UCLA winning streak record, and will have more championships.
Aslan Wrote:I'm going to borrow one of your lines and add a little more to it. Statements like this just shows your lack of intelligence of college basketball, your shear jealously of the greatest basketball tradition known to man, and your lack of basic human knowledge.

Well said!!:Thumbs: How more premiere do you have to get?! I think that 4 #1 recruiting classes in a row is more premiere than Duke will ever be!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
If we won how Duke won, you UK fans that are bitching would be defending us like Duke fans are defending their team.

I hate Duke, and I hate that they won, but they won the game. Simple as that.
Aslan Wrote:UK tried, but Duke refused to play at Rupp, just wanted to play at their place. Which is stupid. They get to play next year, but it's untelling when they'll play again after that. I hope to God we meet them in the tournament this year.
And if college athletes have to stay 2+ years, UK might break UCLA winning streak record, and will have more championships.

It's just as stupid as Cal only wanting to play them at Rupp.

Look at Duke's schedule year in and year out and see how many non-conference road games they play against legit teams.
They don't do it....
they either play them at their place or they play on a neutral court.
The man simply doesn't want to play people in their house if its non-conference.
He'll play anyone on a neutral court and there is a slim chance of a home-and-home....
but if Cal wants Duke to drive into Rupp and play a game he is barking up the wrong tree.
Duke sucks.