Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
highlands schedule?
I keep hearing all the birds fans saying how highlands is on a higher leavel. Then why don't thy have a schedule like Trinity s.
Maybe because they're half the size of Trinity? Do you honestly think that anyone on here thinks Highlands could stand up to Trinity's schedule? Trinity set this schedule up to go for a mythical national title, and they're likely to do it in impressive fashion. Highlands isn't on the Trinity level, and none of the Highlands fans I know have made that claim this year, so what's your point?:please:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
They won't play Trinity, let alone play that kind of schedule.

I think HHS is the second best team in the state and a top 5 program in the state year in and year out. Would like to see them play a tougher in state schedule, Central, T, X and Bowling Green come to mind.

HHS has proved beyond any doubt that they can dominate 5A and 4A, but to be the top team/program in the state get out of No. Ky and play somebody.
My point is that I think they can compete with the teams I listed and should play them. Cruising easily through a schedule that gives them no competition, really doesn't prove anything.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Maybe because they're half the size of Trinity? Do you honestly think that anyone on here thinks Highlands could stand up to Trinity's schedule? Trinity set this schedule up to go for a mythical national title, and they're likely to do it in impressive fashion. Highlands isn't on the Trinity level, and none of the Highlands fans I know have made that claim this year, so what's your point?:please:

Well the way you guys talk it up you should have no problem playing some better teams. But maybe its that you guys like playing poor Co schools.
Jumper Dad Wrote:They won't play Trinity, let alone play that kind of schedule.

I think HHS is the second best team in the state and a top 5 program in the state year in and year out. Would like to see them play a tougher in state schedule, Central, T, X and Bowling Green come to mind.

HHS has proved beyond any doubt that they can dominate 5A and 4A, but to be the top team/program in the state get out of No. Ky and play somebody.

Well Highlands did scrimmage Trinity and they have played Central , X and Bowling Green. However, it is much more appealling to Highlands to drive 10 minutes across a river and play an Ohio GCL team then it is to drive 2 to 3 hours and play a Kentucky team.

I'm sure you can do the math.
By the way, really love Can you Dig It's cannon photo.:Thumbs:
sawmill Wrote:Well the way you guys talk it up you should have no problem playing some better teams. But maybe its that you guys like playing poor Co schools.

Highlands had no choice but to play Harrison County and Pendleton County. They are in the same district. And it's not Can you dig it? that talks it up. It's a guy that might live in a wide house on the left of 01st street.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jumper Dad Wrote:They won't play Trinity, let alone play that kind of schedule.

Pretty sure they're just interested in being the best in 4A, but I would like to see the schedule upgraded, just because seeing them slap around teams like #4 Western was an embarrassment and the district schedule is a joke. They've played Central, T, X and Bowling Green before, so that would be nothing new, but seriously welcome. Just off the top of my head, I'd like to see Collins, LexCath, Boyle, Bell, Belfry or Ashland on the schedule, but anyone who wouldn't come into town blowing smoke and leave pondering a 30+ point loss would be welcome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tradition Wrote:By the way, really love Can you Dig It's cannon photo.:Thumbs:

Thanks. So did the Enquirer. They used it without permission or attribution:redboxer:.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sawmill Wrote:Well the way you guys talk it up you should have no problem playing some better teams. But maybe its that you guys like playing poor Co schools.

Yeah, that's us. Big thrill for us to go to Mason County and win 71-8.:eyeroll:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So next year is the second year of the two year contract. Highlands schedule should be the same but I did hear rumblings that Dixie was dropping out. That would be an open week.
tradition Wrote:So next year is the second year of the two year contract. Highlands schedule should be the same but I did hear rumblings that Dixie was dropping out. That would be an open week.

My vote is that they add Indianapolis Cathedral.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tradition Wrote:So next year is the second year of the two year contract. Highlands schedule should be the same but I did hear rumblings that Dixie was dropping out. That would be an open week.

No great loss. Maybe if Dixie's new coach can instill a little discipline it might be a series worth continuing, but I've had enough of them for now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nefarious83 Wrote:My vote is that they add Indianapolis Cathedral.

I vote Sycamore, give Mueller a chance to coach against his old stompin grounds
toussaints Wrote:I vote Sycamore, give Mueller a chance to coach against his old stompin grounds

Sycamore? :please: Highlands had Mason on the schedule earlier in the year and Mason backed out, saying they weren't ready for a team like Highlands. Mason beat Sycamore this year. Granted, they aren't Mason County, but I doubt they'd keep the Birds within 35.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can you dig it? Wrote:Sycamore? :please: Highlands had Mason on the schedule earlier in the year and Mason backed out, saying they weren't ready for a team like Highlands. Mason beat Sycamore this year. Granted, they aren't Mason County, but I doubt they'd keep the Birds within 35.

So what? It's a game

They could schedule Trinity
To the guy who said get out of nky and play somebody.
Look at the playoffs this year nky dominated.. Beechwood, holy cross, highland, Boone all still in it and each will prob play in the state game. Look at previous round and add ncc, cov cath, & Conner into the mix. Besides the Louisville big schools nky has best football in ky.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Maybe because they're half the size of Trinity? Do you honestly think that anyone on here thinks Highlands could stand up to Trinity's schedule? Trinity set this schedule up to go for a mythical national title, and they're likely to do it in impressive fashion. Highlands isn't on the Trinity level, and none of the Highlands fans I know have made that claim this year, so what's your point?:please:

Actually, your math is a little off. Highlands boys population is in the low 400's whereas Trintiy and St. X are in the 1400 range. That's at least a 3-1 advantage. Sometimes people forget that Highlands is barely even a 4A school (being the first school -- population wise -- out of 3A) and that it is also just a public school. Not close to having the advantages of St. X or T. But it seems to do okay. :1:

Back to the schedule, no one can rationally look at Highlands recent schedules and criticize its out of conference games. It tries to play the toughest competition in N.Ky. (usually adding one or two of the 6A teams) and usually adds at least one GCL or Ohio power team each year. It has also often travelled to play Louisville schools like Male, Manual, Central, St. X and Trinity (albeit in a scrimmage) and other Kentucky powers. It also chose to play up in class the last few years when the KHSAA allowed it. So are people hating on Highlands just for the sake of hating or do they have some type of other agenda? It can't play everyone in an 80 game schedule each year just to avoid message board criticism.
Anyone who questions HHS question this year has ZERO clue or football intelligence! Absolutely none and has no right to ever talk about HS football ever again!

First off, HHS is the ONLY non 6A school with the balls to scrimmage the national powerhouse and the best team in the country, Louisville Trinity!

They played Boyle Co, Last years 4A State champion. Then they played Dixie, NKY's 6A who was picked to dominate with their Auburn signee Zeke Pike. Then it was to Western, last years 4A semifinalist. Next, 3A preseason #2 team Mason County! Covington Catholic next and undoubetdly the #2 team behind ONLY HHS!

Holmes was last years surprise team in NKY and a team that everyone fell in love with. Harrison Co. and Pendleton Co were District teams that HHS had no choice in playing. HHS went TO national power Cincinnati Elder. We are not talking about a football team, we are talking about one of the historically best football teams in the Country! Then came NKY 6A powerhouse Ryle, the squad who has been making deep runs into the 6A state championship, being runner up just a couple of years ago.

A lot of those teams did not live up to advertisement, so HOW is that HHS fault for scheduling them?? This thread is completely off base and serves zero sense of football intelligence!
Stardust Wrote:Anyone who questions HHS question this year has ZERO clue or football intelligence! Absolutely none and has no right to ever talk about HS football ever again!

First off, HHS is the ONLY non 6A school with the balls to scrimmage the national powerhouse and the best team in the country, Louisville Trinity!

They played Boyle Co, Last years 4A State champion. Then they played Dixie, NKY's 6A who was picked to dominate with their Auburn signee Zeke Pike. Then it was to Western, last years 4A semifinalist. Next, 3A preseason #2 team Mason County! Covington Catholic next and undoubetdly the #2 team behind ONLY HHS!

Holmes was last years surprise team in NKY and a team that everyone fell in love with. Harrison Co. and Pendleton Co were District teams that HHS had no choice in playing. HHS went TO national power Cincinnati Elder. We are not talking about a football team, we are talking about one of the historically best football teams in the Country! Then came NKY 6A powerhouse Ryle, the squad who has been making deep runs into the 6A state championship, being runner up just a couple of years ago.

A lot of those teams did not live up to advertisement, so HOW is that HHS fault for scheduling them?? This thread is completely off base and serves zero sense of football intelligence!
I HATE to agree with you, but Highlands schedule was good enough and the fact that it was not as strong as expected was not their fault.

The only thing that I questioned in a previous thread was whether Highlands' schedule this season had been strong enough to make the Bluebirds a better team than they were last season. Apparently it was.
I get so tired about hearing about highlands weak schedule they scheduled boyle co a traditional power on the road. Mason Co was one of the preason 3A favorites until injuries decimated them. Scheduled A GC Team in elder on the road. And played Cov Cath on the road. How about if anyone has a problem with Highlands schedule call your A.D and ask him to schedule the bluebirds. Or would you all rather just sit here and talk a big game but not actually schedule the birds so you can avoid the beatdown
kypecos Wrote:Actually, your math is a little off. Highlands boys population is in the low 400's whereas Trintiy and St. X are in the 1400 range. That's at least a 3-1 advantage.

Actually, I consider it a victory just being a little off in the math department. My education was stunted by a 4th grade gym class beating. I can't be held accountable for anything because of it.:biglmao: I deserve a government check.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'd like to see Highlands play a Bell or some other mountain team on a yearly basis.
It'd be great for them to get to this part of the state to display there team.
Why should HHS travel to EKY? The best football in the country is played within 30 minutes of Ft. Thomas. The Birds are nationally known. What do they need to travel outside of their home area to get recognized? they sure don't care about showing off their program, they only want to win titles!
Don't get me wrong, I believe this is the best Highlands team in history and I played for the '98 team. But for the future Highlands needs to start scheduling up big time. The 'birds need to start playing Trinity every year. We've had numerous undefeated seasons, its been fun, so its time get the schedule lookin national and play a little more out of our playing level and play the underdog role again. The birds would be even more ready for their yearly favored run at a 4A state title.

Play a GCL team every year. La Salle counts, Elder could be nice to continue. Id like to see them play Moeller more.

Maybe play a florida or texas team?

and kind of in the opposite direction, NCC. Ft Thomas bowl. Kids all know each other. i think there is some brother vs brother action. We used to play them every year. Now they are seriously good again. Start it back up.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'd like to see Highlands play a Bell or some other mountain team on a yearly basis.

I'd LOVE to see a Bell-Highlands series. By no means am I saying Bell Co would win it or anything, but history of the series shows when these two hook up, its an awesome game, with two huge fan bases to make it even more enjoyable.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:I'd LOVE to see a Bell-Highlands series. By no means am I saying Bell Co would win it or anything, but history of the series shows when these two hook up, its an awesome game, with two huge fan bases to make it even more enjoyable.

One of my favorite road trips.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can you dig it? Wrote:Thanks. So did the Enquirer. They used it without permission or attribution:redboxer:.

Any lost limbs or fingers this time around?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'd like to see Highlands play a Bell or some other mountain team on a yearly basis.

I have no love for HHS but it seems senseless for them to play any MTN. team. Why drive 3 hrs to put a running clock on any team by the 3rd qtr. What teams do you think they should play? Play Trinity and St X EVERY year or just just cross the river and play some big Cincy schools. Play Colerain or Middletown....probably be some good games.