Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday to...
Bobby the Brain Heenen
God Bless Bobby Heenan
He has been a sick man of late, he needs our prayers
King Kong Bundy and Tony Schavonie are both blowing out 54 candles today.
November 8 Wrestling birthday...

Ted DiBiasie, Jr is 29 today!!!!!

BTW Stardust, I know they were doing an angle where Jr and his dad were on the outs with each other. Is that real life also????
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:BTW Stardust, I know they were doing an angle where Jr and his dad were on the outs with each other. Is that real life also????

I'm pretty sure they get along just fine.
Birthdays for 11/10 are...

Cowboy Bob Orten

and

Y2J Chris Jerico
11/18......

DANGEROUSDANEERFAN!!!!!

I am celebrating the 50th anniversery of my 1st birthday today!!!!!
Well then...Happy Birthday.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:11/18......

DANGEROUSDANEERFAN!!!!!

I am celebrating the 50th anniversery of my 1st birthday today!!!!!

Congrats, Neerfan, enjoy your day. Me and Westy never thought you'd get to this day (not if we ever got our hands on you)!!!:biggrin:

Seriously, enjoy the day and the weekend partner.
Happy Birthday
Thanks guys!!!
11/21

The Bella Twins blow out 28 candles each today!!!!!
11/29

Mean Gene Okerlund

Jerry "The King" Lawler
Two Hall of Famers.

Also, Dutch Mandel's birthday as well.
No one could sell an interview better than Mean Gene. Just one of the things I miss in today's wrestling.
Sad to see Heenan in such bad shape. Many could argue him as the best heel manager ever.
^ I can agree with that, but would probably be more apt at putting him, Jim Cornette and when the Road Warriors were heels, Paul Ellering, equals at building heat for their guys.

There are LOTS of great heel managers, and it's something that I truly think is greatly missed in today's generation of wrestling. There are a ton of people who HATE Vickie Guerrero - well, then she has done here job......
Exactly, and she only need 2 words to get mega heat.

"Excuse Me...."

Rather annoying, but it does the job.
Stardust Wrote:^ I can agree with that, but would probably be more apt at putting him, Jim Cornette and when the Road Warriors were heels, Paul Ellering, equals at building heat for their guys.

There are LOTS of great heel managers, and it's something that I truly think is greatly missed in today's generation of wrestling. There are a ton of people who HATE Vickie Guerrero - well, then she has done here job......

Definitely agree about the managers!!! Those guys were great ones too, and it's something that is missed today. There was nothing worse than when a good guy had a match won, and the manager would always interfere and cost him the match. One match that really was great for that was Hulk Hogan and The Undertaker (who was heel at the time) in 1991, and you could use either match, whether it's the one at Survivor Series or This Tuesday in Texas. Hulk Hogan was the top face at the time, and it was irritating when he would start to pull off a big run, and then run into to the ropes, only for Paul Bearer to trip him over, and The Undertaker keep beating him down. Although, take note, that Paul Bearer wasn't really the reason Hogan Lost at Survivor Series, or won at This Tuesday in Texas. But he played a huge role in that match. You don't really see that kind of stuff anymore.

Vickie, in my opinion, is annoying, but more of a type of annoying where I think, "Gosh this is annoying...I'm turning the channel!" (and usually do lol,, when she's on, anyways) rather than, "Gosh this lady is annoying...somebody come out here and shut her and this wrestler up!!!" The WWE could really use some good heel managers right now.
December 5

Larry Zbyszko blows out 58 candles today....and he STILL sucks!!!!!

He will always be considered the greatest heel I have seen wrestle.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:December 5

Larry Zbyszko blows out 58 candles today....and he STILL sucks!!!!!

He will always be considered the greatest heel I have seen wrestle.

I can't stand Zbyszko or his ego. It used to make me sick back when he was an announcer for Monday Night Nitro. He would stand and recognize the crowd chanting his name even if they really weren't.
^ He's a heel, he's supposed to make you hate him Wink
Westside Wrote:I can't stand Zbyszko or his ego. It used to make me sick back when he was an announcer for Monday Night Nitro. He would stand and recognize the crowd chanting his name even if they really weren't.

True, but Zbyszko was a face announcer on Nitro...Heenan was always the heel.
December 7

Rick Rude (RIP)

The Dolph Zigler of his day.
^^^ Rude was the man!!!! Hated to see him go. Best heel EVER!!
I use do to the Rick Rude shimmy back in my youth days.

Memories.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:December 7

Rick Rude (RIP)

The Dolph Zigler of his day.

Dolph Zigler is FAR from being Rick Rude!
December 8

Michael Cole is 43 today.

VKM, please bring back Good Ole JR before Cole makes us all deaf!!!!
Cole sucks as a heel. He was a lot better when he always did the interviews in the back.