Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
75.00%
Southwestern
25.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County @ Southwestern 11/18/11
leecoukfan Wrote:You do make very good points but, Southwestern has just as any weapons on offense IMO. Harlan Co does have a very good offensive line but, I went to the 1st Rd game between Pulaski Co and Harlan Co and the Maroons basically shut them down, holding them to their lowest scoring total on the season, other than Bell Co. With this said, I think that Southwestern's defense is better than Pulaski's. So it should definitely be interesting how this game plays out. I really feel that Southwestern can win this game and Harlan can obviously win as well but, this game is going to be close either way it goes. Neither team is going to win this by more than two touchdowns.

I am going with the Warriors to win this hard fought game.

Southwestern - 28

Harlan Co. - 21

You sir could very well be correct concerning SW having as many offensive weapons. I have not got the chance to see Southwestern play this year, but obviously they're in the regional finals for a reason. I will say that I feel that the Southwestern Players, Coaches, School Administration, and Community should be very proud of what this team has been able to accomplish amid all of the scandal and controversy surrounding the program this year. They say that adversity brings you together or tears you apart, and if that is so, then everyone in the Southwestern family should be commended. I, personally, have drawn inspiration from this team as I've said in previous posts, for their resilience and moxie that they have displayed this season. As a Harlan Co. fan, I've been worried about this team for a long time. I think new coach Andy Stephens has been sensational and there's something different about this Southwestern team. In previous years, Southwestern had sort of built the reputation of "folding" in the playoffs, or "if you can wait until the end of the season, you'll upset them" and things like that. However, it seems that the new administration of this football team has changed the culture, and the results are 5-0 in district play, two playoff victories, and they are hosting the Region 4 Championship Game on Friday Night.

I'm sure, like myself, Tom Larkey and Co. have a ton of respect for this program and who knows, they may have as many weapons as Harlan Co. I honestly don't know. But I will say this, Harlan Co. will be focused and determined to advance to Semi-State #2 next week. I felt that the Pulaski Co. game that you were referring to was somewhat of a "hangover" for the Bears after the heartbreaking loss to Bell Co. on the road in Week 10.

Again, playing at home and the way they've played, I expect Southwestern to come out firing on all cylinders, but I reitterate my previous post by saying it is a strength AND endurance test with Harlan Co. and while I believe Southwestern may stay with them for a half, the grind of playing against a strong, deep offensive and defensive line will wear the Warriors down as the Bears take one more step in the march toward Bowling Green!!!!!

However, a ton of respect for the Warriors!! I'm sure we're in for a battle!
^^

Well said!!
leecoukfan Wrote:You do make very good points but, Southwestern has just as any weapons on offense IMO. Harlan Co does have a very good offensive line but, I went to the 1st Rd game between Pulaski Co and Harlan Co and the Maroons basically shut them down, holding them to their lowest scoring total on the season, other than Bell Co. With this said, I think that Southwestern's defense is better than Pulaski's. So it should definitely be interesting how this game plays out. I really feel that Southwestern can win this game and Harlan can obviously win as well but, this game is going to be close either way it goes. Neither team is going to win this by more than two touchdowns. I am going with the Warriors to win this hard fought game. Southwestern - 28 Harlan Co. - 21

HC knows their goal!...their "MISSION"!!!

http://www.wavlist.com/movies/322/tbb-mission.wav

And they are more than ready to Achieve it!!!!!

http://www.wavlist.com/movies/322/tbb-106miles.wav

GO HC BLACK BEARS!!!!!...ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!...:redboxer:
Southwestern wins
leecoukfan Wrote:You do make very good points but, Southwestern has just as any weapons on offense IMO. Harlan Co does have a very good offensive line but, I went to the 1st Rd game between Pulaski Co and Harlan Co and the Maroons basically shut them down, holding them to their lowest scoring total on the season, other than Bell Co. With this said, I think that Southwestern's defense is better than Pulaski's. So it should definitely be interesting how this game plays out. I really feel that Southwestern can win this game and Harlan can obviously win as well but, this game is going to be close either way it goes. Neither team is going to win this by more than two touchdowns.

I am going with the Warriors to win this hard fought game.

Southwestern - 28

Harlan Co. - 21

You're so full of it (pumpkin roll that is) that your brain is suffering!!!!
:lmao:
HC Rolls by 20 +.
UKFan8 Wrote:You sir could very well be correct concerning SW having as many offensive weapons. I have not got the chance to see Southwestern play this year, but obviously they're in the regional finals for a reason. I will say that I feel that the Southwestern Players, Coaches, School Administration, and Community should be very proud of what this team has been able to accomplish amid all of the scandal and controversy surrounding the program this year. They say that adversity brings you together or tears you apart, and if that is so, then everyone in the Southwestern family should be commended. I, personally, have drawn inspiration from this team as I've said in previous posts, for their resilience and moxie that they have displayed this season. As a Harlan Co. fan, I've been worried about this team for a long time. I think new coach Andy Stephens has been sensational and there's something different about this Southwestern team. In previous years, Southwestern had sort of built the reputation of "folding" in the playoffs, or "if you can wait until the end of the season, you'll upset them" and things like that. However, it seems that the new administration of this football team has changed the culture, and the results are 5-0 in district play, two playoff victories, and they are hosting the Region 4 Championship Game on Friday Night.

I'm sure, like myself, Tom Larkey and Co. have a ton of respect for this program and who knows, they may have as many weapons as Harlan Co. I honestly don't know. But I will say this, Harlan Co. will be focused and determined to advance to Semi-State #2 next week. I felt that the Pulaski Co. game that you were referring to was somewhat of a "hangover" for the Bears after the heartbreaking loss to Bell Co. on the road in Week 10.

Again, playing at home and the way they've played, I expect Southwestern to come out firing on all cylinders, but I reitterate my previous post by saying it is a strength AND endurance test with Harlan Co. and while I believe Southwestern may stay with them for a half, the grind of playing against a strong, deep offensive and defensive line will wear the Warriors down as the Bears take one more step in the march toward Bowling Green!!!!!

Great post. Very kinds words. :Thumbs:
Harlan County will pull away in the second half.
Look for this game to resemble the HC/PCC game a lot.

HC 38
SW 20
leecoukfan Wrote:You can run for as many yards as you want but, if you're not converting that into points, its not doing ya much good!

I don't think Hines would agree. If the other team is running it up and down the field and taking most of the time off the clock it's hard for your team to score. Coaches always talk about a ball-control offense.
I agree Harlan County should have scored a couple more times, but they still won by 20.
Hines wouldn't know. All Hines is worried about is offense. Hines believes if his offense scores 30 plus they will win, but without defense they will never go far. Hines has hid behind some sick talent the past few years and has some really great talent in the upcoming soph and jr class but without some changes they will not go far. The worst thing that happened to Pulaski was SW losing Anderson as a football coach, he did the same thing Hines does except in a different way. They both refuse to change and adapt to each team they play. I like this Stevens, Ill take SW in this one!!!
The HC Defense also held the Maroon offense to 0 points. The defense has been spotty this year dominating some relaxing alot, but that happens with big leads. I think the key will be which team plays better defense and I think the Black Bears can score enough that the defense can play with a little comfort. Seems like though the offense feeds off good defensive play.
UKFan8 Wrote:You sir could very well be correct concerning SW having as many offensive weapons. I have not got the chance to see Southwestern play this year, but obviously they're in the regional finals for a reason. I will say that I feel that the Southwestern Players, Coaches, School Administration, and Community should be very proud of what this team has been able to accomplish amid all of the scandal and controversy surrounding the program this year. They say that adversity brings you together or tears you apart, and if that is so, then everyone in the Southwestern family should be commended. I, personally, have drawn inspiration from this team as I've said in previous posts, for their resilience and moxie that they have displayed this season. As a Harlan Co. fan, I've been worried about this team for a long time. I think new coach Andy Stephens has been sensational and there's something different about this Southwestern team. In previous years, Southwestern had sort of built the reputation of "folding" in the playoffs, or "if you can wait until the end of the season, you'll upset them" and things like that. However, it seems that the new administration of this football team has changed the culture, and the results are 5-0 in district play, two playoff victories, and they are hosting the Region 4 Championship Game on Friday Night.

You make some very good statements and we thank you for your kind words. I can't wait till Friday, should be a great environment and a great game!! Hope to see you at the game and good luck to the Black Bears!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Granny Bear Wrote:You're so full of it (pumpkin roll that is) that your brain is suffering!!!!
:lmao:

LOL. You're probably right but, I still want some more!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
The hard work for the week is over, polish day tomorrow then game time!! One of the best region final games in the state!!
Gettting more excited every day!..as each hour passes...the days creeping by till Friday!!!!....Friday at last arrives!!

Go HC BLACK BEARS! Confusedmallchee :football: :football: Confusedmallchee
Well the time is drawing near and the anticipation is building to a point! We only have a few more hours to talk smack to each other until one of us is proven wrong. Either way we will be well represented with two great teams giving all they have tomorrow.

I AM STICKING TO MY ORIGINAL PREDICTION. HARLAN WILL NEVER LEAVE THE RESERVATION ALIVE! LOL

WARRIORS 28
BLACK BEARS 21Confusedinglepar
One more day............Back to Back Regional Champs is sounding good.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!

:football::blondeche:blondeche:football:
I believe each game will be harder than the last as the playoffs go on, and Southwestern will be a challenge for the Bears, but that being said I believe the Bears and their Filthy Animal defense will be up for the challenge!! Also the Bears offense is not just a two-headed monster, while McMillan and Middleton have been the bulk of the Black Bear offense Jordy is a capable runner out of the backfield too and his scrambling ability has led to some big passes for first downs and touchdowns!!! GO BLACK BEARS

HC-41
SW-20
Day before game day!!! Everybody is getting excited and anticipating a GREAT game!!

Everybody leave your brass monkeys home; gonna be a cold one.

Go Black Bears!!!!!
devildawg401 Wrote:Well the time is drawing near and the anticipation is building to a point! We only have a few more hours to talk smack to each other until one of us is proven wrong. Either way we will be well represented with two great teams giving all they have tomorrow.

I AM STICKING TO MY ORIGINAL PREDICTION. HARLAN WILL NEVER LEAVE THE RESERVATION ALIVE! LOL

WARRIORS 28
BLACK BEARS 21Confusedinglepar

Daniel Boone will do his best to give the Warriors a regional title. :Wave:
http://harlandaily.com/view/full_story/1...eft_column

Gotta love Larkey's comments...lol

“We need to set the tone early and smack them in the mouth. We need to let them know that we are filthy animals and we are going to be a physical football team the whole game,” he said. “We have to let them know real fast that we are there to win.”
Going with Da Bears!!

Safe travels to all from HC to Somerset.
^^

Thanks Bobcat Dad!!

You guys be safe as well; you've a little farther to travel than we do!

Go Black Bears!!
Danial boone plays the game of his life!
I'm going with a favorite of mine, the Bears. I hope they're hungry Friday night.
devildawg401 Wrote:Danial boone plays the game of his life!

devildawg401 Wrote:

[IMG][/IMG]

GO HC BLACK BEARS!!!!!!!....:devilflam
Filthy Animal Wrote:[IMG][/IMG]

GO HC BLACK BEARS!!!!!!!....:devilflam

Your pics crack me up. haha
devildawg401 Wrote:

Hey thats a nice video you got there but theres one problem with that Ole Daniel is using a mussel loader and befor he gets it loaded agin there will be 10 more bears on his a$$ in a heart beat and if that ant enough there will be roughly 65 more bears on the side line that we can throw in at any given time . Have your pow - wow today because the Bears are comeing to town tomorow. 48 -17 DA BEARS:Thumbs:
sandrailman Wrote:Hey thats a nice video you got there but theres one problem with that Ole Daniel is using a mussel loader and befor he gets it loaded agin there will be 10 more bears on his a$$ in a heart beat and if that ant enough there will be roughly 65 more bears on the side line that we can throw in at any given time . Have your pow - wow today because the Bears are comeing to town tomorow. 48 -17 DA BEARS:Thumbs:

Love it! This is 2011 though, ol Danial Boone has a posse with him and thats our Defense who I promise will be ready for the task!LOL:devilflam
I hope all bear fans have a safe trip down though, we like our prey healthy!LOL

Go Warrior's!!!!!!