• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest football player in your schools history?
The Fastest guy I ever saw at JCHS was Paul Price. Long time JCHS Baseball Coach Mike Collins was so confident in Price's speed that he made a bet at a baseball camp in Florida on him. Paul won easy. I remember Price running a 11.1 100 meters at the grade school track meet when he was in 8th grade. He grew and got much faster in high school. Price played WR on the football team under Bill Music but would have been a Halfback in Matney's system. No disrepect to to Bill Music but he wasted Prices speed. JCHS didn't throw much then either. A former coach at Paintville once told Price was probably faster than Brad Tiller at the 60 or 100. The fastest player I ever saw at Painstville would be Brad Tiller. I don't know what his 40 time was but I'd guess 4.4. Tony Mayes would be a close 2nd.
^Tiller at one time was the 4th fastest player in the Indians organization. Fastest white boy I ever saw...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
For PCC, TeWayne Willis. We had a few come through recently with good speed, but TeWayne was hands down the fastest, probably had a good deal to do with him being the states leading scorer in 2002. I don't have any numbers on him in the 40 or anything, but he was fast.
at rock it was either josh hale or marty reagan, one of them ran a 4.4 40
I think ill have to go with Shawn Robbins for us, especially out on the field.
David Jones at Belfry

Legit 4.5 guys are rare, legit 4.4 guys are almost unheard of.... Jones was a legit 4.4 guy.
rockfan11 Wrote:at rock it was either josh hale or marty reagan, one of them ran a 4.4 40

we dont have speed at the Rock we have strength lol
Coach Pray was faster than Tewayne Willis. Might still be. Dont laugh.
Duncan Jacobs,Harlan High school. Back in '83 he set records in track for the long jump and the triple jump. What he could have done out of the wildcat formation would have been phenomenal. He played QB for us and also led the state for awhile in TD's untill he was passed by Mark Higgs near the end of the season,I believe. I played center that year and it was a pleasure snapping the ball to him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:David Jones at Belfry

Legit 4.5 guys are rare, legit 4.4 guys are almost unheard of.... Jones was a legit 4.4 guy.

David was a flat out beast. I once saw him against P'burg either pull a hammy or cramp up & out run the defense 50 yards limping.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:For PCC, TeWayne Willis. We had a few come through recently with good speed, but TeWayne was hands down the fastest, probably had a good deal to do with him being the states leading scorer in 2002. I don't have any numbers on him in the 40 or anything, but he was fast.

Athlete
Hazard, Kentucky
Perry Central
Ht:5'8"
Wt:165 lbs
40:4.47 secs
Bench Max:225
Squat Max:325
Class:2003 (High School)

Googled it.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:David was a flat out beast. I once saw him against P'burg either pull a hammy or cramp up & out run the defense 50 yards limping.

Two of the single greatest high school plays I ever personally witnessed came against Pburg in those epic battles Jones' and Howard's Senior season.

One was the stiff arm by Doug Howard on Joe Blackburn. I have NEVER seen a stiffarm like that on ANY level of football. He literally knocked Blackburn 5 yards off the ball and it was a critical play in the game.

The other was also a critical play and probably the single greatest testament to Jones' speed. Pburg had a perfect playcall for a HB Pass and Belfry was burnt! The WR was literally open by 20 yards. Once Jones recognized the pass he sprinted back as the ball was in the air to close the gap and swat the ball away at the very last second. Otherwise that was a sure TD.
I remember those plays vividly EKU!!! Jones also lowered his numbers into the 4.3s when he went to UK.
In 2002 Breathitt Co had a kid named Brandon Thomas ran a 4.3, In 1997 the bobcats had Jonthan Chapman ran a 4.4 and in 1994 Chris Hollon ran a low 4.5. The Thomas kid was extremly fast, he didn,t have many jukes but if got the corner no one was catching him.
F
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Two of the single greatest high school plays I ever personally witnessed came against Pburg in those epic battles Jones' and Howard's Senior season.

One was the stiff arm by Doug Howard on Joe Blackburn. I have NEVER seen a stiffarm like that on ANY level of football. He literally knocked Blackburn 5 yards off the ball and it was a critical play in the game.

The other was also a critical play and probably the single greatest testament to Jones' speed. Pburg had a perfect playcall for a HB Pass and Belfry was burnt! The WR was literally open by 20 yards. Once Jones recognized the pass he sprinted back as the ball was in the air to close the gap and swat the ball away at the very last second. Otherwise that was a sure TD.

I also remember those plays. Even have them on cd. My personal opinion thou I thought Matt Maynard was faster in open field. The kid had unbelievable open field speed.
NothingTrivial Wrote:I think ill have to go with Shawn Robbins for us, especially out on the field.

I agree
From Anderson Co... Spencer Barnett this would be like 1987ish- with out a doubt!
Crossbones Wrote:F

I also remember those plays. Even have them on cd. My personal opinion thou I thought Matt Maynard was faster in open field. The kid had unbelievable open field speed.

You need to find a way to upload that stiffarm..... words cannot do it justice.

I remember feeling bad for Blackburn when he earned WYMT Player of the Week a couple weeks later. WYMT asked him about the stiffarm and showed the highlight over and over during his segment. I remembered thinking how irritated I would be if I were Blackburn and they were showing that during my time to shine following a game that had nothing to do with Belfry.
samoan mustang Wrote:From Anderson Co... Spencer Barnett this would be like 1987ish- with out a doubt!

With a nickname like Mustang....I vote on Samoam Mustang as the fastest ever in the state of KY. Lol. Just yanking with BRUHTHER..
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You need to find a way to upload that stiffarm..... words cannot do it justice.

I remember feeling bad for Blackburn when he earned WYMT Player of the Week a couple weeks later. WYMT asked him about the stiffarm and showed the highlight over and over during his segment. I remembered thinking how irritated I would be if I were Blackburn and they were showing that during my time to shine following a game that had nothing to do with Belfry.

The stiff arm was vicious. I even have a highlight cd of Doug for that year. I remember blackburns player of week and and the interview. And yes I would have been pissed also. Those guys all went on to play in Hatfield McCoy bowl together and all became fairly good friends. If I can upload that play I will. If I'm not mistaken it was actually on here at on time.
For Somerset, the fastest I have seen in person were Brandon Newell and Tremayne Perkins. I know that we have had some burners over the years but I've only lived in Somerset since the mid 90's. James Fletcher and Pete Venable come to mind as two who might have been faster.
RoShamBo Wrote:For Somerset, the fastest I have seen in person were Brandon Newell and Tremayne Perkins. I know that we have had some burners over the years but I've only lived in Somerset since the mid 90's. James Fletcher and Pete Venable come to mind as two who might have been faster.

What does Strom Wilson run a 40 yard dash in? He looks really fast, and his cut are as quick as I ever seen in the mts.
warmachine Wrote:Coach Pray was faster than Tewayne Willis. Might still be. Dont laugh.

I know he could scoot back in the day, but wouldn't he technically count for Napier instead of PCC?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Two of the single greatest high school plays I ever personally witnessed came against Pburg in those epic battles Jones' and Howard's Senior season.

Yeah that is a Stiffarm i will never forget. Joe was no joke either. One of the top players around in his time.
At Whitley it was probably LaDale Rider.
No, he wasnt a 4.4 guy.
He ran a 4.7, which is still extremely fast. Im not sure if there was ever a quicker guy on the football field though, he could cut like nobody ive ever seen. Vertically, he would get chased down from time to time by a quick d back, but man he could make em miss.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:What does Strom Wilson run a 40 yard dash in? He looks really fast, and his cut are as quick as I ever seen in the mts.

I would say he is probably at a solid 4.5. John Cole was down to a consistent 4.4 when he was a SR but yeah Storm is probably a bit more shifty than John. John was as close to those two (Newell and Perkins) as anyone for Somerset in the past 15 years I would say. He may have even been faster but IMO Brandon and Tremayne were faster than Storm and John.
RoShamBo Wrote:For Somerset, the fastest I have seen in person were Brandon Newell and Tremayne Perkins. I know that we have had some burners over the years but I've only lived in Somerset since the mid 90's. James Fletcher and Pete Venable come to mind as two who might have been faster.

I played with Fletcher, he was fast but not as fast as Perkins and Newell. He was a lot bigger than either one of them and would run over people that he didn't outrun. I saw Venable play but was too young to really know how fast he was.

I was in either 6th or 7th and went to that game with my dad that pass break up was the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Came from out of no where and was parallel to the ground to bat it away. Absolutely cazy play.
kmba32 Wrote:I agree

When it comes to on the field it was robbins....the fastest in a footrace may have been Steven Hunter, I always thought they could have used his speed alot more than they did.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:In 2002 Breathitt Co had a kid named Brandon Thomas ran a 4.3, In 1997 the bobcats had Jonthan Chapman ran a 4.4 and in 1994 Chris Hollon ran a low 4.5. The Thomas kid was extremly fast, he didn,t have many jukes but if got the corner no one was catching him.

Saw all those guys on more than one occasion and none of them were anywhere near the 4.4-4.5 range.
  • 1(current)
  • Next