Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 26 Perry County Central 21
I felt like flags should have been thrown more than they were on both teams. The refs apparently had them glued to their pants.
Congrats Warriors. There will be 2 Regional Championship games in Somerset next week.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Congrats Warriors. There will be 2 Regional Championship games in Somerset next week.

And hopefully two Region Champions on Saturday! Congrats Warriors!

Congrats to PCC on a good season and good luck going forward.
Tough game tonight. :popcorn:
Congrats Warriors!

Congrats PCC on a good season.
I thought your 55 and 61 battled up front.

I would really like the Warriors to keep this streak alive next week too!

GO WARRIORS!!!
Congrats to the Warriors for a big win and congrats to the Commodores for their best season ever. I do have two things to say. Butthurt is one of the most unintelligent words I have seen on this site. The other thing I have to say is that I always find it ironic when posters are complaining about referees, they always start their post "Now I am not one who normally complains about the officiating, but". I have seen that statement from numerous posters from several schools.
Now I am not one who normally complains about the officiating, but....
Southwestern wins.
Perry Central loses.
In my opinion Perry lost the game when they jumped offsides on the prior drive....
the facemask call was just icing on the cake.

Where on the field were the Warriors when they ran the fake punt?
Butthurt
SW will not be two touchdowns to harlan county whether its at there place or not.
We shall see...
Somerset will have there region championship but SW will have to play a flawless game against harlan county to win and hope harlan turns the ball over.
zaga_fan Wrote:Butthurt

A little Preparation H and warm bath water might soothe the pain.
Congrats SW on yet another win.
Maybe a coaching change is all this squad needed.
Keep it rolling.

And congrats to PCC on a good year.
Hopefully the success will translate into season after season.
zaga_fan Wrote:Now I am not one who normally complains about the officiating, but....
Southwestern wins.
Perry Central loses.
In my opinion Perry lost the game when they jumped offsides on the prior drive....
the facemask call was just icing on the cake.

Where on the field were the Warriors when they ran the fake punt?

around there own 40. I was surprised by the fake.
Congrats SW! Cross town rivals it not, I love our hometown teams doing well. great win tonight, wish I could have seen it.
Perry you all had one helluva year and i couldnt be more proud of you young men! Keep your heads up and keep on building from this. You are going to have a good team next year and you got a young coach whose damn good and passionate for the game. Stick to that weightroom this offseason and dedicate yourself to it! Cause thats where championships are won!!
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:SW just do us all a favor................BEAT HARLAN!!!!!!!

Pretty funny right there. Man's got a "Piss on Haters" avatar and makes a post like that...lol. You making the drive down to Somerset next week since PCC is off...lol?
bac2369 Wrote:SW will not be two touchdowns to harlan county whether its at there place or not.

Ya and district 8 was gonna sweep 7......
wildthang3 Wrote:Ya and district 8 was gonna sweep 7......

It wasnt to far fetched.
District 7 sucked this year, only problem was district 8 must have sucked just as bad.
The refs also missed alot of holding calls on PCC! They held #52 for SW all night. Also they missed a late hit out of bounds when #16 for SW when he was way out of bounds
xtrapoint Wrote:The refs also missed alot of holding calls on PCC! They held #52 for SW all night. Also they missed a late hit out of bounds when #16 for SW when he was way out of bounds

Thanks for the tip
xtrapoint Wrote:The refs also missed alot of holding calls on PCC! They held #52 for SW all night. Also they missed a late hit out of bounds when #16 for SW when he was way out of bounds

Was your team the one that had their season ended on a bullshit call? No? I'm sorry, I usually don't act like this but that call was a farce. That's all i'm going to say and i'm sticking to it. But it's over, so whatever. I'm done with this.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Was your team the one that had their season ended on a bullshit call? No? I'm sorry, I usually don't act like this but that call was a farce. That's all i'm going to say and i'm sticking to it. But it's over, so whatever. I'm done with this.

What was the score when the call happened? Who had the ball? Are you mad because there was not a facemask or because of the time of the game that it was made. All we've gotten is a lot of crying about one call that decided the game.
Well first off SW i love your facility. The refs were horrible both way but they seemed to throw a flag/or not throw the obvious flag to break perrys back over and over. Every deep pass PCC threw SW was all over the receivers. And the fasemask call was seriously a joke. The flag came out 6 seconds after the play was over. PCC should be proud of the best season in school history and should try to build off that. SW congrats on the win andyou have a great running back in number 2. Very small but the kid runs hard. However as far as next week goes, ive seen Harlan and SW play, and to be honest id say Harlan will win next week by 21 or more. If SW has that much trouble stopping Kegan Robinson then Harlan will run all over them all day long. Harlan County i hope u make it to the state title game, just dont let bowling green hurt ya to bad.
Norm Peterson Wrote:What was the score when the call happened? Who had the ball? Are you mad because there was not a facemask or because of the time of the game that it was made. All we've gotten is a lot of crying about one call that decided the game.

Score was 21-26, 1:30 left in the 4th, SW had it on their own 30 or so, 4th and about 6, they faked a punt and we stopped it short, then the flag came out (late imo) for a 5 yard face mask. What bothers me so bad is how do you get a 5 yard face mask anymore? If they would have called a 15 yard personal foul that would at least have been a legitimate call. Our kids worked their ass off and stopped a fake punt just to have it ripped away by a ridiculous call. If it happened earlier in the game at a not-so-crucial point, I wouldn't say anything. If you look at my past posts I am never one to lay blame on the refs but this is one time I found it unacceptable.

But alas, like I have said, it is over now and all we can do is look ahead to next season, hope our underclassmen use this as motivation to get better during the off season.
Perry Central fans, you gotta love em. (Not!)
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Perry Central fans, you gotta love em. (Not!)

But we love you, ONB. Who else is blinded by hate for one school more than you are?
I was on the sideline near the play and the PCC player did grab his face mask and let go. But it could have been called either way in my opinion.
GetChili Wrote:I was on the sideline near the play and the PCC player did grab his face mask and let go. But it could have been called either way in my opinion.

Yeah, I am getting tired of the complaining on here about this face mask call. Aslan told me that all the Perry fans thought it was a bad call when it happened but, just let it go. It probably did look like a bad call from Perry's side because when the face mask occurred, he was facing towards SW's stand but the Perry defender did grab his face mask!! I was in the 2nd row of the stands, directly in front of the play!! It was a legit call!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:Yeah, I am getting tired of the complaining on here about this face mask call. Aslan told me that the Perry fans that it was a bad call but, just let it go. It probably did look like a bad call from Perry's side because when the face mask occurred, he was facing towards SW's stand but the Perry defender did grab his face mask!! I was in the 2nd row of the stands, directly in front of the play!! It was a legit call!!

Well I respect your opinion on the matter but i'm just stating how I feel about it. I have let it go, nothing we can do about it now, just voicing my opinion on it.
Total domination from the Warriors on the defensive side of the ball in my opinion. Great job guys. Bring on the Bears!