Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Mountain Team has the best shot at winning a State Title
For my money I say Harlan County in 5A and Bell County in 3A, with Belfry close behind.
horst muhlmann Wrote:For my money I say Harlan County in 5A and Bell County in 3A, with Belfry close behind.
Harlan County maybe, with Belfry a better shot than Bell in 3A, IMO.
breathitt county in 3a babyyyy
PHSForever Wrote:Harlan County maybe, with Belfry a better shot than Bell in 3A, IMO.

Harlan has an easy road there in 5a, and Belfry definitely has the easiest road there in 3a. How nice would it be to see Bell-Belfry in the title game, then we'd known someone was bringing it home.
I don't think any Mountain Team have a "good" shot as I feel each class they compete in has a clear cut top contender.

I think Bell has the most capable team, but their road to a title would require them to beat the #1, #3, and #4 teams in 3A respectively in successive weeks, all away from Log Mountain.
NothingTrivial Wrote:Harlan has an easy road there in 5a, and Belfry definitely has the easiest road there in 3a. How nice would it be to see Bell-Belfry in the title game, then we'd known someone was bringing it home.
Harlan has Perry Central, Anderson County, Franklin County, and Southwestern in their bracket. I don't think that is necessarily an easy road. As for Belfry, the 3A brackets are pretty evenly balanced, so I don't think any one team there necessarily has an easier road than the other. If anything, Central actually has an easier road than any team in 3A, with one really good team standing between them and the finals, IMO, at this stage of the playoffs.
Dont laugh, but Hazard has a shot.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I don't think any Mountain Team have a "good" shot as I feel each class they compete in has a clear cut top contender.

I think Bell has the most capable team, but their road to a title would require them to beat the #1, #3, and #4 teams in 3A respectively in successive weeks, all away from Log Mountain.

My first thought was Bell, but after reading this, I see how tough it will be. I honestly do not know anything about Mountain teams besides what I read on here.
I believe Bell is the only one. Their matchup with Central is intriguing IMO. If they got past them I don't see anyone (even Belfry) stopping them.

Harlan County will make the state final but I don't believe a team that lost to Bell County will compete with a John Hardin or Bowling Green.
I think Harlan County has the easiest road to WKU. But I don't see any team on the east side of the bracket beating the west in Class 5A.
Hatz Wrote:I believe Bell is the only one. Their matchup with Central is intriguing IMO. If they got past them I don't see anyone (even Belfry) stopping them.

Harlan County will make the state final but I don't believe a team that lost to Bell County will compete with a John Hardin or Bowling Green.

I agree.... just a really tough path though. Bell would have to play their best ball 3 straight weeks and do so after making lengthy road trips to more than likely Louisville, Paducah, then Bowling Green (although BG would seem like a district game after the first two) against literally the best of the best in the class. I think right now Bell would be a 2 TD favorite against Belfry, Breathitt, and Tilghman.... but it is a tall task to expect a team to have to "get up" 3 straight weeks like that.

The potential Tilghman game is especially difficult due to the logistics of their travel and how it correlates with Thanksgiving. It's not like other semi-finals where the teams have a morning practice on Thanksgiving then leave on Friday for their road game. Bell will literally have to leave Thursday morning and miss that extra day of practice time that PT would be able to have. The other option is to leave extra early on Friday, but what kind of effect could that have mentally and physically? Will one morning practice make all the difference? No. Could it potentially be a handicap? Definitely.

If I am Bell I am hoping and praying that Edmonson County or Ft. Campbell pull the upset.
Quote:breathitt county in 3a babyyyy

:hilarious: not with that weak a** schedule they played. wait until they actually play a high caliber team. then we'll see how good you're bobcats are.

call me a true hater Wink
Quote:Dont laugh, but Hazard has a shot.

:\..........................................................................................................................:hilarious:

good one
warmachine Wrote:Dont laugh, but Hazard has a shot.

I agree. They got their last year, I think they can do it again.
Hazard also had a much better team last year, i just don't see them making it
Go hazard bulldogs !!!!
Harlan Co, Hazard, Bell, Belfry, Breathitt all have a shot IMO.
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:Hazard also had a much better team last year, i just don't see them making it

They didn't lose many people.
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:Hazard also had a much better team last year, i just don't see them making it
Hazard could have a shot.
I think Hazard has as good a shot as any of the mountain teams outside of Bell Co.
comeback_kidxXx Wrote::hilarious: not with that weak a** schedule they played. wait until they actually play a high caliber team. then we'll see how good you're bobcats are.

call me a true hater Wink
So, who do you pick, Mr. Make Fun?!!:ChairHit: This should be your BGR name instead of comeback kidxXx. No, let me take that back, you are childish!! Have you even watched Breathitt this year? Say NO!!!!!!!!!!! I get a little upset when people make fun of others. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. Why should you make fun of it? Breathitt can win 3A! Breathitt is a team with camaraderie, athleticism and a whole lot of heart and that's what it takes to win!!!:rockon:
Quote:So, who do you pick, Mr. Make Fun?!! This should be your BGR name instead of comeback kidxXx. No, let me take that back, you are childish!! Have you even watched Breathitt this year? Say NO!!!!!!!!!!! I get a little upset when people make fun of others. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. Why should you make fun of it? Breathitt can win 3A! Breathitt is a team with camaraderie, athleticism and a whole lot of heart and that's what it takes to win!!!

:trolldad:
Childish? did i upset you bashing on breathitt? you obviously have no brain cells at all

idk if your aware of this but im free to post what ever i wan't as long as i dont violate the rules, you must not think before you say something so idiotic because like you said, everyone does have their own opinion and those are mine :moon: and just because mine is different then yours you get butt hurt about it, in fact youre BGR name should be cry baby

what if i told you i think breathitt ain't as good as everyone thinks? well thats my opinion. get over yourself bro
btw i have indeed watched breathitt this year and IMO even though their 10-0 they play a weak schedule this year. do i think they will win state? NO.
which mountain team do i think has the best shot, again IMO it sure ain't breathitt Confusednicker:
Ballers Wrote:I agree. They got their last year, I think they can do it again.

The thread topic is about winning it.

No way they can compete vs. Mayfield or Beechwood this year. :please:
Hatz Wrote:The thread topic is about winning it.

No way they can compete vs. Mayfield or Beechwood this year. :please:

:Thumbs:They will get there but won't win.
I think that Bell County has the best chance by far to win a state title out of all the mountain teams!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
1A Hazard(don;t know that much about mayfield or beechwood this year)
2A somerset (i think that NCC will win it again this year)
3A bell co, breathitt co. and belfry(louisville central most likly win it, no team from the mountain play the kind of team that central does to get them reald for the playoffs)
4A no one with Highland in 4A now.
5A harlan co(#1, #2, and #4 is all from the west, that will help harlan.)
5A - Harlan County

3A - Breathitt County/Belfry
3A - Bell County
comeback_kidxXx Wrote::trolldad:
Childish? did i upset you bashing on breathitt? you obviously have no brain cells at all

idk if your aware of this but im free to post what ever i wan't as long as i dont violate the rules, you must not think before you say something so idiotic because like you said, everyone does have their own opinion and those are mine :moon: and just because mine is different then yours you get butt hurt about it, in fact youre BGR name should be cry baby

what if i told you i think breathitt ain't as good as everyone thinks? well thats my opinion. get over yourself bro
No brain cells? You can't even spell!!!!:hilarious:
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:btw i have indeed watched breathitt this year and IMO even though their 10-0 they play a weak schedule this year. do i think they will win state? NO.
which mountain team do i think has the best shot, again IMO it sure ain't breathitt Confusednicker:
First of all Breathitt is 11-0 and you must have been watching them with your eyes closed. Second, you still didn't say who you pick besides it not being Breathitt, but I really don't care. I'm done wasting my time on replying to your childish comments. You can have the last words.