Poll: who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rockcastle Co.
30.00%
Boyle Co.
70.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. @ Rockcastle Co. 11/11
I hope you guys can keep the field from getting any worse than what it is now.Dose Rock have a tarp to cover the field ? we may have more rain this week.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle will bring a passing game,but regardless of if they do or not i don't see Rock scoring 22 points on Boyle.I have to disagree with you on the Lex cath game Lex cath was very lucky to win the first game with Boyle,and if they play again I think Boyle wins the rematch.
Don't the season-opener of 2009 ring a bell?....because, I'm sure that this senior class at RCHS were only sophomores during that time and some of them sophomores had some playing playing time as Rock put up22 in the 20 point defeat, and that result as Rock being I believe the 2nd opponent to score more that 20 points in that 2009 state championship season for Boyle, Anything can happen my friend.
MSU Eagle Wrote:I cannot wait for this game. It will be by far the most hostile environment Boyle has played in since Bell County last playoffs. It's kind of nice to see this rivalry coming back. I expect to see two fired up teams ready to knock the snot out of eachother on the field. Will make for some great football!

If Boyle brings their A game (which they will, French will not allow two mediocre games in a row) I expect to see them win by 3+ touchdowns. I feel very encouraged after the performance of the o-line and runningbacks against KC. But if that is stopped, Boyle can throw it for big yards too. Rockastle does appear to have a good running back from what I've seen, but if that's all they have then they will struggle to put up more than 14 points. My prediction:

Boyle 49
Rockastle 14

MSU Eagle Wrote:But, let me also add that this is a rivalry game, and ANYTHING can happen in a rivalry game

I am going to catch a LOT of heat from my fellow Rocket fans and alumnus but this is not a rivalry. IMO, in a rivalry both teams win at some point. Rock has to beat Boyle County to make this a rivalry. Certainly they have been in some historical games and some games have been close.

Also the score you predicted brings back sad memories. I do not know if it was intentional or not, but it is clever.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rocket01 Wrote:Don't the season-opener of 2009 ring a bell?....because, I'm sure that this senior class at RCHS were only sophomores during that time and some of them sophomores had some playing playing time as Rock put up22 in the 20 point defeat, and that result as Rock being I believe the 2nd opponent to score more that 20 points in that 2009 state championship season for Boyle, Anything can happen my friend.

You are hanging your hat on a game your team lost by 20? :yikes:

Two years ago???? :Shaking:

BTW, for what it's worth: the Rock rushed for 78 yards in that game while giving up 342. :truestory:
IMO, Rock dose'nt have enough of a passing game to keep Boyle's defense honest,and i think they'll have a hard time moving the ball on the ground enough to put up anymore than 7 to 14 points against Boyle.
rockfan11 Wrote:if boyle county doesnt bring a passing game, ill pick rock to win 22-14, if boyle passes the ball good, boyle will win 35-22. both teams lack the pass game, whoever wins this game will lose to lex cath though

First, Boyle does not lack a passing game at all. They have a smart qb with an above average arm who has improved greatly as the season has gone on. The final three weeks of the season the rebels were 34 of 45 passing for 600 yards and 6 td's to 1 int. Secondly, they will bring their passing game. Whether or not they need to use it this week is a different matter. And thirdly, not to take anything away from LC, they beat Boyle, but if you take away one big 70 yard passing td, Boyle would have beaten LexCath. So they will have a very good shot at beating them in the playoffs if they get that far.
MSU Eagle Wrote:First, Boyle does not lack a passing game at all. They have a smart qb with an above average arm who has improved greatly as the season has gone on. The final three weeks of the season the rebels were 34 of 45 passing for 600 yards and 6 td's to 1 int. Secondly, they will bring their passing game. Whether or not they need to use it this week is a different matter. And thirdly, not to take anything away from LC, they beat Boyle, but if you take away one big 70 yard passing td, Boyle would have beaten LexCath. So they will have a very good shot at beating them in the playoffs if they get that far.

very true, but you neglected to mention that the final three games in the season were against whitley, mercer, and marion. three teams with a combined 11 wins.
against highlands they were 5/19 in passing
allen county 7/15
danville 3/10
john hardin 8/24
arsenal tech 12/15
taylor county 17/27
lexington catholic 6/20
marion county 11/15
mercer county 15/17
whitley county 8/13
knox central 4/10
rockfan11 Wrote:very true, but you neglected to mention that the final three games in the season were against whitley, mercer, and marion. three teams with a combined 11 wins.
allen county 7/15
danville 3/10
john hardin 8/24
arsenal tech 12/15
taylor county 17/27
lexington catholic 6/20
marion county 11/15
mercer county 15/17
whitley county 8/13
knox central 4/10

You're right most teams do improve as the season progresses.I'm sure Rock has to.Don't forget that Mercer team just beat the maybe the best in your district.
rockfan11 Wrote:very true, but you neglected to mention that the final three games in the season were against whitley, mercer, and marion. three teams with a combined 11 wins.
allen county 7/15
danville 3/10
john hardin 8/24
arsenal tech 12/15
taylor county 17/27
lexington catholic 6/20
marion county 11/15
mercer county 15/17
whitley county 8/13
knox central 4/10
If you are implying that the last three teams were weak do I need to remind you of the Russell--Mercer score. Mercer is better than their record shows and to be quite honest District 6 overall has not faired to well.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I hope you guys can keep the field from getting any worse than what it is now.Dose Rock have a tarp to cover the field ? we may have more rain this week.

why would we want to do that :hilarious:
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:why would we want to do that :hilarious:

Surely you guys wouldn't bring the fire trucks down to the field and water it down would you?or is that why it's in bad shape already?Confusednicker:
allen county 7/15
danville 3/10
john hardin 8/24
arsenal tech 12/15
taylor county 17/27
lexington catholic 6/20
marion county 11/15
mercer county 15/17
whitley county 8/13
knox central 4/10

If you want to talk about Strength of schedule I don't think they are even close.the teams Rock has played have won a combined 49 games,and lost 70.the teams Boyle has played have won a combined 60 games,and lost 44.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Surely you guys wouldn't bring the fire trucks down to the field and water it down would you?or is that why it's in bad shape already?Confusednicker:

Nope its all natrualConfusedtrom:. more rain is welcome tho
where did strength of schedule come in? i was only talking about boyles passing game. and the fact that they passed good on three weak teams. and russell was probably arguably the best team in the district. they just couldnt execute against mercer, no coulda woulda shoulda they got beat plain and simple. again, i was only talking about boyles passing game. even though numbers aint everything, but they way the numbers look it doesnt seem like they have a strong passing game, i could be wrong. i just hope its a safe game with no injuries. again my prediction. rockcastle 22-14 if boyle dont have a strong passing game, if boyle does have a passing game, then boyle wins 35-22
Jack Lambert Wrote:If you want to talk about Strength of schedule I don't think they are even close.the teams Rock has played have won a combined 49 games,and lost 70.the teams Boyle has played have won a combined 60 games,and lost 44.

In all due respect...Rockcastle had a murderers row schedule two years ago...which at the time included Boyle County as well as Bell twice. It also included Southwestern, Pulaski, Whitley and Rowan who all at the time were at the top of their games as well. Rockcastle got no credit for their strength of schedule that year from the Guru's of football that squawk on here then...and now that they've beat a few teams who at the beginning of this season looked to be decent upcoming foes and who had less than stellar seasons (ex. Sheldon Clark 1-10 and Clay Co. 1-10) they still get no credit for the wins they've had this year. Seems they are damned if they do and if they don't....sooooooooooo. If you guys want to pull out records of this season. Let's look at the records of teams that our two teams have beaten and leave out the ones that they lost.

Boyle County has won 8 games and Rockcastle has won 9.

Of those games...the foes records of the teams Rockcastle has beaten is 37-61 which includes the two 1-10 teams mentioned above.

Rockcastle has beaten three teams with winning records on the season.

The records of the foes for Boyle County who Boyle has beaten is 38-48.

Boyle County has beaten two teams with winning records and a mystery Hoosier Daddy team that broke even at 5 and 5.

My point is this......
The records don't matter right now. On paper it looks relatively even to me.

In my opinion....Boyle is the definite favorite due to them just being Boyle and Rockcastle having never beaten them in the last two decades.
Both team have kids hurt...some really good key players on both teams.
Rockcastle has a chance if the boys want to knuckle down and play hard in this game and not look at Boyle in awe. If the boys roll over....it will be a blowout. I would expect ten seniors to want to play their hardest seeing as how this could be thier last game.

I hope we can make the game competitive and I'm looking forward to Friday night.

End of Sermon...someone pass out the collection basket.
^Would Clarke Rowe make a difference?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Look guys in all honesty i like Rockcastle,and i wish we were playing some one else friday night.I have a good friend who's son plays for Rockcastle and i hate to see either team lose.I've just been poking fun at you guys. I think the Rock has come along way since last year.I also hope it's a sign of things to come for your program.I have family that lives in Mt.Vernon my mother is from Brodhead,and i know there is alot of good people that live in that area.:Thumbs: PS I liked your sermon pass the plate,and i'll put in my offering.
rockfan11 Wrote:where did strength of schedule come in? i was only talking about boyles passing game. and the fact that they passed good on three weak teams. and russell was probably arguably the best team in the district. they just couldnt execute against mercer, no coulda woulda shoulda they got beat plain and simple. again, i was only talking about boyles passing game. even though numbers aint everything, but they way the numbers look it doesnt seem like they have a strong passing game, i could be wrong. i just hope its a safe game with no injuries. again my prediction. rockcastle 22-14 if boyle dont have a strong passing game, if boyle does have a passing game, then boyle wins 35-22

First, how many colleges are recruiting the Rock qb? The Boyle qb has recieved letters from and taken visits to division one colleges. They don't recruit guys who can't throw. Like any first year starter, the junior qb has gotten much better as the season has gone on. And the "weak" mercer team just beat the best team from your district and gave up 250 pass yards to Boyle.
MSU Eagle Wrote:First, how many colleges are recruiting the Rock qb? The Boyle qb has recieved letters from and taken visits to division one colleges. They don't recruit guys who can't throw. Like any first year starter, the junior qb has gotten much better as the season has gone on. And the "weak" mercer team just beat the best team from your district and gave up 250 pass yards to Boyle.

Hes only a sophmore. A pretty good sophmore at that. go a head and count your offers and and campare teams. none of that will matter friday.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Hes only a sophmore. A pretty good sophmore at that. go a head and count your offers and and campare teams. none of that will matter friday.

Sorry, I shouldn't have brought the RC qb into this, i know nothing about him. I was just making the point that Boyle is a capable passing team if RC stops the run. They are still a run first team and always have been with French. But they can make the throws to win if opposing teams stuff the run.
Boyle 22-17
Jack Lambert Wrote:Look guys in all honesty i like Rockcastle,and i wish we were playing some one else friday night.I have a good friend who's son plays for Rockcastle and i hate to see either team lose.I've just been poking fun at you guys. I think the Rock has come along way since last year.I also hope it's a sign of things to come for your program.I have family that lives in Mt.Vernon my mother is from Brodhead,and i know there is alot of good people that live in that area.:Thumbs: PS I liked your sermon pass the plate,and i'll put in my offering.

No offense taken. You've always been pretty respectful on here and right on with your opinions. I just remember getting grief on here from some Boyle fans that year over that strength of schedule stuff that year when I pointed out who all Rockcastle had played. I know the Rock boys are underdogs in this game. They are just gonna have to want it badly and be ready to fight for it or get their butts handed to them as the alternative.
By the way....Jack Lambert has always been my favorite all time NFL player as well.
Also, the McPhetridge kid is a pretty good little sophomore QB that still has some distance to travel before getting "there". He has played pretty well this year with his crowning game being the game against Perry Co. Central. He played well under pressure tossing some 3rd down conversions that came at crucial times in that game.
LWC Wrote:^Would Clarke Rowe make a difference?

Only all the difference in the world. That explosiveness at the handoff that was Clark's trademark is going to be missed more than you know. It might have made a huge difference in both Rockcastle losses, especially with Montgomery County. The boys played like they had lead in their butts that night. There was no excuse for that loss and it can be hung on many shoulders as well as written off due to injury to several players who needed rest and didn't play. I still think they should have pulled it out though.
Clark went under the knife friday and everything went really well with the doctors saying he should get back to nearly 100 percent with his movement in his shoulder.
We have been using running backs by committee as if late n it seems to be working , but Clark would be huge difference for this Friday
Boyle wins this game 42-13.
MSU Eagle Wrote:Sorry, I shouldn't have brought the RC qb into this, i know nothing about him. I was just making the point that Boyle is a capable passing team if RC stops the run. They are still a run first team and always have been with French. But they can make the throws to win if opposing teams stuff the run.

Its cool. I have seen Boyle Co. play twice this season and there qb looked good to me. Boyle has alot of weapons. Rockcastle is excited to host the two time defending champions. It will be a hard hitting game forsure.
Good luck to both teams and I just hope neither of the teams have anymore injuries.
^Well said.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Not looking good for the running game. Forecast calls for more rain, thunderstorm on Wednesday. Going to be a sloopy game. Good luck to both.
^I would be more worried about the passing game than the running game. Hard to step into a throw when you cannot get your footing. Also hard to run sharp routes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]