Poll: who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rockcastle Co.
30.00%
Boyle Co.
70.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. @ Rockcastle Co. 11/11
Who wins
Thoughts,and predictions.
This game has an historical ring to it, doesn't it? :Thumbs:

Should be a dandy matchup. Boyle will have to find a way to pass successfully I think and get Theilmann healthy for the DLine.
They definately have got to take care of the football.I think they'll be able to pass on Rocks defense if i'm not mistaken they're geard more to stop the run.as for the historical side we've had some good games with Rock over the years.i just wish it was at Boyle,Rocks field looked sloppy on the highlites last night.
Rock's field is very sloppy.

Just to get it out in the open so we are not kidding ourselves. Boyle County is the favorite in this game. No way around it. Boyle County just did what they did to Knox Central, a team that decimated Rockcastle County. Can Rock keep it close? Can Rock win? That is up the their effort, and their honest attempt to stop the pass.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You are absolutely right of a historical point view, ROCKCASTLE and BOYLE has not played at the ROCK since 1998. Rockcastle has came along way after the past 3 seasons improving big mainly on discipline experimenting GT for some of the youngsters during that 3 yr. span....ROCK's field has a unique characteristic and that characteristic is that anytime an opponent arrives on I-75 toward Mt. Vernon on a breezy November bright light friday night, bring your best game. I honestly believe with the historical hypes our ROCK faithful has heard from your's truly, WE will be prepared to bring the best 48 minute contest and turn the tides, may the best team win...and after 13 years of wait....welcome back to Renfro Valley, the location aint Title Town anymore!....GOOD LUCK to both teams....Im pulling for my alumnus!!!!
Would love to go and watch this game...Going with the Rebels in this one.
Boyle 35 rock 7.
Boyle should win by 2-3 touchdowns in my opinion. They just beat a team that proved they were better than Rock a few weeks ago and Rock hasn't played up in competition since that game. Boyle hopefully got the turnover bug out of their system last night, every team has those games, but Boyle was still good enough to withstand 5 lost turnovers and still beat a good Knox team. It should be a great night for football(heck, any night is a good night for football). Good luck to both teams.
Boyle needs to get healthy this week. Depth was an issue last night. We are not a deep team and it showed last night. Muntz also left game last night. We need to get healthy !!
Rock in the upset.....

Rock 34
Boyle 31
^That would be wonderful.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hatz Wrote:Looks like both offenses showed up.

Knox Central had 332 yds and 220 of them on the ground.

Boyle was unbelievable with 547 yds of offense themselves.

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/spor...6865.story

That certainly gives me more hope than I had before.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
some one combine the two threads
^I did, I assume you wanted a poll to be added Wink
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Rock in the upset.....

Rock 34
Boyle 31

Highlands only scored 35 on Boyle.I don't see Rockcastle scoring over 14 at the most on Boyle's defense.
Very interesting matchup, I'm going with Boyle in this one.

Boyle-28
Rock-14
I was going to say what Jack Lambert said. If Rock wins they will have to keep our offense under 14 points. I don't see Rock scoring more than 14-21 points if that.
How many did Knox score? 14? They had 3 or 4 turnovers as well.

I'm not saying they will score 14+ but they are capable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:How many did Knox score? 14? They had 3 or 4 turnovers as well.

I'm not saying they will score 14+ but they are capable.

And Boyle had 5 turnovers but still managed to score 28 points.

Knox put how many on Rock? 40?

See how all the number games add up? :Thumbs:
Throw the numbers game out boys, this Friday these boys are going to play hard and I don't care what the score is as long as rocks on top
I cannot wait for this game. It will be by far the most hostile environment Boyle has played in since Bell County last playoffs. It's kind of nice to see this rivalry coming back. I expect to see two fired up teams ready to knock the snot out of eachother on the field. Will make for some great football!

If Boyle brings their A game (which they will, French will not allow two mediocre games in a row) I expect to see them win by 3+ touchdowns. I feel very encouraged after the performance of the o-line and runningbacks against KC. But if that is stopped, Boyle can throw it for big yards too. Rockastle does appear to have a good running back from what I've seen, but if that's all they have then they will struggle to put up more than 14 points. My prediction:

Boyle 49
Rockastle 14
Gotta go with the rebels in this one---28-7, if the big guys are healthy (Hester and Theilman) by even more
But, let me also add that this is a rivalry game, and ANYTHING can happen in a rivalry game
Hatz Wrote:And Boyle had 5 turnovers but still managed to score 28 points.

Knox put how many on Rock? 40?

See how all the number games add up? :Thumbs:

everyone knows you cant judge a team on how they play other teams. good example: johnson central, belfry, and ashland.....
if boyle county doesnt bring a passing game, ill pick rock to win 22-14, if boyle passes the ball good, boyle will win 35-22. both teams lack the pass game, whoever wins this game will lose to lex cath though
There has been some great games between these two schools, unfortunatley Rockcastle County has never came out on top. Another interesting tidbit is that out of all the games between these two schools Rockcastle County has never played at Boyle County.

All Time Series:
Boyle County - 6
Rockcastle County - 0

1995: 2nd Round Playoffs
BC 14
RC 13

1996: 1st Round Playoffs
BC 17
RC 14

1998: 1st Round Playoffs
BC 24
RC 14

2001: State Championship
BC 49
RC 14

2002: State Championship
BC 21
RC 0

2009: Bob Allen Bowl
BC 42
RC 22

Many fans of both schools should remember the 1995 game in which Rock went for 2 for the win and crossed the goaline only to be waived off. Then the next year Boyle County kicked a FG with no time left to win.
#2 Boyle County 35
#1 Rockcastle County 7

Boyle County will shut the rocks running game down and will be able to run and wear rock down and out. i don't think boyle will need to pass much.
rockfan11 Wrote:everyone knows you cant judge a team on how they play other teams. good example: johnson central, belfry, and ashland.....

The very point I was trying to make. :Thumbs:
rockfan11 Wrote:if boyle county doesnt bring a passing game, ill pick rock to win 22-14, if boyle passes the ball good, boyle will win 35-22. both teams lack the pass game, whoever wins this game will lose to lex cath though

Boyle will bring a passing game,but regardless of if they do or not i don't see Rock scoring 22 points on Boyle.I have to disagree with you on the Lex cath game Lex cath was very lucky to win the first game with Boyle,and if they play again I think Boyle wins the rematch.