Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Bama beats LSU by.....
If Bama beats LSU by 1 point, do they really DESERVE to drop lower than 2.
My thinking is the number 2 team in the country just beat the number 1 team by one point making them the new number 1.
Also, thats the closest you could possibly come to beating the number 1 team.

My thing is, we know these two are the best two teams in the country BY FAR.
And i know the BCS Bull crap wont allow it, but id love to see a rematch of these two for the national championship if it is a close game.
I just dont see how its right sending a crappy Boise or somebody else to play LSU or Bama when these two are the two best in the nation.

THIS is the exact reason they will never do a playoff.
Because, if you do.....over the past 5 years, its very likely we would of had a rematch of two SEC teams playing for the title.

What do you all think, hypothetically speaking of course...
Yes. Close only counts in horse shoes, black-jack and hand-grenades. However, if either team loses they should not drop any further than the last undefeated team. I would not be mad if they ended up at 3 or 4.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bama is playing at home, they can win by 10 and it will not have much affect on what happens to LSU. If either team loses by any amount but less than 10, I believe they both would drop to 4, keeping BSU at 5. Losing by 1 will not put the loser at #2.
Is it possible that, IF they drop to number 4, and ok state loses and so does stanford, what happens?

You'll be right back at 1 and 2.

Thats what i was getting at in my first post.
IMHO, no matter what the BCS is going to leave themselves enough room for error and put the loser of this game far enough back to where there is NO WAY they could make it back to number 2.

I honestly see the loser of this one dropping to 7 or 8 at best, no matter the score.
^If OK State, Stanford and Bama/LSU loses then the BCS has no choice but to put Boise at #2. Like it or not. I would put the LSU/Bama loser at #3 though in that scenario.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Is it possible that, IF they drop to number 4, and ok state loses and so does stanford, what happens?

You'll be right back at 1 and 2.

Thats what i was getting at in my first post.
IMHO, no matter what the BCS is going to leave themselves enough room for error and put the loser of this game far enough back to where there is NO WAY they could make it back to number 2.

I honestly see the loser of this one dropping to 7 or 8 at best, no matter the score.

I don't think it's possible for the to drop that far when you take into account the computer rankings and the human polls.
Unless someone pulls some strings lol

But there will be NO rematch.
Take that to the bank.
^Agreed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thats what i mean.
This is what makes no sense to me.

I feellike this is the first year that the SEC has TWO teams that are clearly better than the rest of the country.
How far does it go??
Lets say LSU loses and drops to number 6 or 7.
Then, from here on out they win every game, but the rest of the team ahead of them, including Boise loses one. I dont see how you could not rank them ahead of Stanford, OK state, and Boise.
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't think it's possible for the to drop that far when you take into account the computer rankings and the human polls.
Unless someone pulls some strings lol

But there will be NO rematch.
Take that to the bank

What if every other team in the country has one loss as well though and LSU barely loses tonight.
You know the computer would have them both back at 1 and 2.
With that being said, your right there will not be a rematch, but what other one loss team (if there is no more undefeated) would deserve to be there over a one loss bama or one loss lsu?
This is exactly what im talking about.

LSU 9
Bama 6
In Overtime

Its a shame that Bama cant play a rematch for the national championship because they lost to the number one team in the country by 3 in OT.
Instead, it will be another boring championship with LSU winning by 3 or 4 scores.
^^ agreed. It'll be another boring national title game cause the 2 best teams (Bama/LSU) prolly wont be playing. They have to put some scrub team against LSU cause theres no way in hell they are losing after what jefferson did tonight. They will win out and win the SEC championship. But hey atleast itll be 6 years in a row for the SEC to bring home that crystal ball!
This was hardly a boring game. This game was played at an incredible speed. It was amazing to watch the DB's challenge the receivers. We get so used to soft coverage, and these defenses got close enough to punch the receivers in the mouth! this was a great game!
^
Your dead on.
People think you have to have a lot of coring for it to be a great game but i love a defensive stalemate type of game..

Did anyone else here the guys on ESPN last night say that Bama should get a rematch? lol.
They were pretty much arguing what i am.
One even said, as long as LSU and BAMA doesnt lose another game, theres no doubt these to should be in the national championship game hahaha