Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest First Round Upsets?
Which team or teams has the best chance for the biggest first round upset?
Simon Kenton over Trinity
Boyd County over Highlands
Caverna over Mayfield
Apollo over Bowling Green

I guess you play the game, there is always a chance, so those would be the biggest upsets - and if any of those come true - I will quit BGR and you will never ever hear from me again!
1A: (3) Bracken County over (2) Bellevue, for a young program with a very rough history, a playoff win in its 1st playoff game would be huge.

2A: (4) Newport over (1) Owen County, Newport's defensive speed matches Owen's passing attack

6A: (4) Boone County over (1) Madison Central
Stardust Wrote:Simon Kenton over Trinity
Caverna over Mayfield

I guess you play the game, there is always a chance, so those would be the biggest upsets - and if any of those come true - I will quit BGR and you will never ever hear from me again!

Anyone else gonna be rooting for SK, Boydn Caverna, and Apollo this week?

:gtfo:

wahahahahaha
Stardust Wrote:Simon Kenton over Trinity
Caverna over Mayfield

lol, you never know.
I dont know if id say that, however, i guess we can all hope anyways :biggrin: jk
Montgomery County over Cooper
I'm digging that Newport over Owen
I will second the motion of Montgomery over Cooper! :notworthy
I agree with Montgomery County over Cooper. The Indians have a lot of speed and a very explosive offense. If it turns into a shootout Montgomery will win.
With so many heartbreaking losses, I think Graves County is due for a signature win. Just not sure it will come @ Warren Central.
Letcher over Lincoln!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Boone County over Madison Central is a real possibility, I think that NKY 6A district is an overall stronger district than MC's.
I'm throwing this one out there for my friends at Sheldon Clark. Get out there and put
a scare in Breathitt... SC 28 - B 26
I am going with Knox over Boyle. Not likely but definitely within the realm of possibility. Knox will need to win the turnover battle and catch a few breaks but an upset could happen.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Letcher over Lincoln!

IMO Letcher shouldn't be considered the underdog. IMO LCC with L.J. is a much better team than Lincoln Co. I think LCC wins with authority.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am going with Knox over Boyle. Not likely but definitely within the realm of possibility. Knox will need to win the turnover battle and catch a few breaks but an upset could happen.
This was the game I had on my mind when I started this thread. I'm picking Boyle but I thought it could be an interesting matchup when I saw it.
Knox over boyle is my biggest upset.
Boyd County over Highlands. Boyd County should give them a great game.

Please note that the above statement is sarcasm.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jenkins over Williamsburg. Cavs will run all over there pass coverage defense. Williamsburg's QB throws 3-4 interceptions.
Runnin Wrote:Jenkins over Williamsburg. Cavs will run all over there pass coverage defense. Williamsburg's QB throws 3-4 interceptions.

I would like to see that,Runnin. Jenkins gave the Dragon's a good game. One that was unexpected by the Dragons. I think that the Cav's should come out fired up and take it at Jackets full steam ahead. They had Harlan down 22 before they could bat an eye. Where's that kind of play been all year for the Cav's? I think they know what they are capable of now. Take it too'em!

The Dragon's,on the other hand,could have their hands full with Berea. They gave Williamsburg all they wanted in regulation. A big upset is possible in this game. Not likely,but possible.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Boone County over Madison Central is a real possibility, I think that NKY 6A district is an overall stronger district than MC's.

I truly believe that NKY will win all four games!
(5A) Pulaski County over Harlan County
(1A) Pinevillle over Campbellsville
(2A) Middlesboro over Leslie County
wildcats fan Wrote:(5A) Pulaski County over Harlan County
(1A) Pinevillle over Campbellsville
(2A) Middlesboro over Leslie County

Probably the most likely upset in district 5 and 6 matchups for the first round. Although Campbellsville has been playing tough of late taking Williamsburg to the wire and complete desolation of Berea. So it will be tough for the Mnt. Lions but if Campbellsville don't stop Douglas Pineville could come out on top.
How about South Laurel over Perry Central and Whitley County over Southwestern.
4 seed Dayton defeats 1 seed Frankfort
QBCoach Wrote:4 seed Dayton defeats 1 seed Frankfort

Highly improbable.
QBCoach Wrote:4 seed Dayton defeats 1 seed Frankfort
Dayton will be lucky not to have a running clock before the end of the 1st quarter
Stardust Wrote:I truly believe that NKY will win all four games!

Dixie Heights without Zeke Pike????
if knox is clicking then they can win, if this happends this would be the biggest upset of the first round by far.
2A 3 seed Danville @ 2 seed Prestonburg