Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Jim Matney Show (radio)
Is the Jim Matney Show still being produced on 98.9 radio during football season? In the past it was aired on Tuesday nights.

If so, I missed it this week and would like to listen to it. Does anyone know if that show is archived online somewhere and if so, can you provide a link so I can listen to it?

Thanks in advance.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Is the Jim Matney Show still being produced on 98.9 radio during football season? In the past it was aired on Tuesday nights.

If so, I missed it this week and would like to listen to it. Does anyone know if that show is archived online somewhere and if so, can you provide a link so I can listen to it?

Thanks in advance.

I'll save ya time:

"Noone is giving us a chance"

"This is the best Belfry team of all-time and on paper we should lose by 50."

" Score wasn't indicative of the Ashland game last week. It's impossible to get a win in Putnam and had a few calls went our way it'd be a different ballgame."

"We gameplanned to kick 6 FG's last week and not having our kicker took us out of our gameplan"

"The entire team is banged up and we just want to survive Friday without getting blown out."

" Pikeville/Pike County and Ashland are the most urban cities in EKY and it's tough for a little ole mountain team like us to go in there and pull the upset"

Big Grin

For the record anyone who has read my posts over the years know unequivocally that I am a Matney fan...just poking fun at the King of Sandbagging.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I'll save ya time:

"Noone is giving us a chance"

"This is the best Belfry team of all-time and on paper we should lose by 50."

" Score wasn't indicative of the Ashland game last week. It's impossible to get a win in Putnam and had a few calls went our way it'd be a different ballgame."

"We gameplanned to kick 6 FG's last week and not having our kicker took us out of our gameplan"

"The entire team is banged up and we just want to survive Friday without getting blown out."

" Pikeville/Pike County and Ashland are the most urban cities in EKY and it's tough for a little ole mountain team like us to go in there and pull the upset"

Big Grin

For the record anyone who has read my posts over the years know unequivocally that I am a Matney fan...just poking fun at the King of Sandbagging.
It is hard to win Putnam. How many times has Belfry won there?
I listened to it.
In my opinion Putnam stadium is one of the best places to play or watch a highschool football game. That place is electric It doesn't matter who Ashland is playing,always loud and always a full house all around good place to play, there is not many high schools that have the same amount of seating on both sided of the field.and for matney planning on kicking 6 field goals there they prolly could have if they had got into range, Ashland pretty much stimied them all night.
OK, back on topic...

Is the Jim Matney show archived anywhere online so I can listen to it this afternoon?

Anyone?
Matney is a cheater, ive heard he lied about jj jude's stats and that its being investigated as to how many rushing yards he really has!!!
bulldog4life Wrote:Matney is a cheater, ive heard he lied about jj jude's stats and that its being investigated as to how many rushing yards he really has!!!

Really bold statement there pup. Now lets see your facts, you either have some or you're making this up. Anyone can get on these boards and accuse people of a lot of things, if you have no proof this shouln't even be allowed on here. So lets your proof or a retraction.
Matney reminds me of Lou Holtz, his team is always the underdog no matter who their playing.
this was coming from a former assistant of his, and seeing as how in this state coaches can put whatever stat they want into the KHSAA website and it counts, and the history of matney cheating by recruiting, i wouldn't doubt the rumors one bit.
bulldog4life Wrote:Matney is a cheater, ive heard he lied about jj jude's stats and that its being investigated as to how many rushing yards he really has!!!

I can promise you this is not true. I know the stats guy very well and he is the most accurate stats guy. He even goes back on film to make sure the stats are right every week. So before you go blaming people for being cheaters get you $&!* STRAIGHT.
I don't know who the stats guy is, but if his stats are anywhere close to those that Spike and the guys from WSIP have came up with during the games, then you can bet they are very very close to being dead on accurate.

As for the "game plan" for kicking 6 field goals. Anyone who actually believes that needs their head examined. Come on now.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Moderators, please just go ahead and close this thread.

It has run off course and is now a train wreck.

Thanks.