Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Members Rankings For The Week Of 10/23
EKU,

What kind of consideration did Monroe Co. get?
HonestJohn Wrote:Just having a little fun with you. You do a good job. Good luck to Russell Co. in the playoffs. They are playing good at the right time. I really think the kicker will separate your team from other teams that are similar in skill and execution. Good win over a talented Knox Central team. Gotta love this time of the year.

Trust me, I went around and around with the 4A this week, and I honestly think if I was to do it today, I'd put Ashland in front of Russell Co. There just not a lot of games that link (Rock, Knox, Russell) (Ashland, Johnson Central, Rowan) and (Madisonville, Lone Oak, Franklin Simpson).

We are playing pretty good, but could still improve drastically by cleaning up a few things. Our kicker is very talented, and he could be a difference maker if we can get the snap and hold down. The FG the other night was offset by our failure to get 3 out of 4 extra point attempts down for him to put the boot to.
Franklin-Simpson has been missing one or both of their best two players in both of their close games recently. Against Warren East they were missing their best player (#5 Darrius Wickware) for the entire game for discipline reasons and lost their second best one (#4 Jerrell Wickware) to ejection. Jerrell thus missed two straight games afterwards, including against Allen County-Scottsville. I believe that to be the reason for the closer than anticipated scores. I have believed and still believe that Franklin-Simpson is the best team in Region 1 - I think that will bear out in a couple of weeks.
DragonFire Wrote:Franklin-Simpson has been missing one or both of their best two players in both of their close games recently. Against Warren East they were missing their best player (#5 Darrius Wickware) for the entire game for discipline reasons and lost their second best one (#4 Jerrell Wickware) to ejection. Jerrell thus missed two straight games afterwards, including against Allen County-Scottsville. I believe that to be the reason for the closer than anticipated scores. I have believed and still believe that Franklin-Simpson is the best team in Region 1 - I think that will bear out in a couple of weeks.

Appreciate the update, as information regarding Franklin-Simpson and most of the teams west of me is not posted on the forum often. In fact I have little information regarding the Madisonville - Lone Oak game. I still expect FS and Madisonville to be the two best teams from the west, and IMO one of these teams should be in the finals.

Will both Wickwares be playing this week?
Still waiting on the reasonings of the 6A rankings. Thanks
laker20 Wrote:Appreciate the update, as information regarding Franklin-Simpson and most of the teams west of me is not posted on the forum often. In fact I have little information regarding the Madisonville - Lone Oak game. I still expect FS and Madisonville to be the two best teams from the west, and IMO one of these teams should be in the finals.

Will both Wickwares be playing this week?

Yes, both will finally be back on the field together as Jerrell served his two game suspension for his ejection. Darrius only missed the Warren East game.
Gold Charger Wrote:Still waiting on the reasonings of the 6A rankings. Thanks

im sure stardust will get back with you as soon as he can.
i cant believe that SD hasnt been on yet.
Is the world ending? :biggrin:
PaytoPlay Wrote:EKU,

What kind of consideration did Monroe Co. get?

I think they are in the 10-13 range alongside the likes of Russell, Pike Central, and Corbin.

With 3A you see about 5 defined tiers.

The Champs:
Louisville Central

The Cream:
Bell
Belfry
Breathitt
PT

The Dark Horses:
Garrard
Edmonson
Ft. Campbell

The Competitive:
Lewis County
Bourbon County
Corbin
Pike Central
Russell
Monroe County
Powell County
Wayne County
Trigg County
Western Hills
Wayne County

The Non-Factors:
Everyone Else

There may be variation between top and bottom of the tiers, but by and large the teams within them could forseeably beat any other team on any given night. It is possible for teams from a lower tier to jump up and get someone, but it would take some things going their way and it compounds every tier you move up (for example Powell could beat Garrard with the right bounces, but in order to beat Breathitt it would take significantly more variables going their way) .
Just wondering about Willaimsburg in 1A. There are two 4 loss teams and a team with a losing record on there instead of them. They were 7th or 8th in the AP this week. Was thinking maybe they were overlooked and forgotten about this week or something.
Gold Charger Wrote:Think that Manual is way too low. Their only losses are to St. X and Trinity and they have wins over #5 PRP and #3 Butler. Can you explain why the lower ranking for them?

Because of when their losses happened. This follow's the NCAA mantra in rankings of when teams lose. There were no complaints over the past few weeks, and now there are???? Was it an oversight on you then???

9/24
Class 6A

1. Trinity (5-0)-(36-14 Win vs. Indianapolis Cathederal)
2. Scott Co. (6-0)- (48-7 Win vs. GRC)
3. Manual (5-0)-(40-13 Win vs. Seneca)
4. St. Xavier( 3-3)-(31-30 Win @ Central)
5. PRP (4-1)-(Idle)
6. Butler (4-1)-(63-6 Win vs Fairdale)
7. Bryan Station (4-1)-(35-29 Win vs Tates Creek)
8. Central Hardin (4-1)-(28-14 Win vs. Bullit East)
9. Lafayette (4-2) - (14-0 Win @ Henry Clay)
10. Southern (4-2)-(27-14 Win @ Fern Creek)

10/2
Class 6A

1. Trinity (6-0)-(41-6 Win vs. St. X)
2. Scott Co. (6-0)- (Idle)
3. Manual (6-0)-(40-35 Win vs. #6 Butler)
4. PRP (5-1)-(63-26 Win vs. Fern Creek)
5. Lafayette (5-2) - (26-19 Win @ #7 Bryan Station)
6. Southern (4-2)-(Idle)
7. Butler (4-2)-(35-40 Loss @ Manual)
8. St. Xavier( 3-4)-(6-41 Loss @ #1 Trinity)
9. Bryan Station (4-2)-(19-26 Loss vs #9 Lafayette)
10. Eastern (4-2) - (Idle)

10/8
Class 6A

1. Trinity (7-0)-(58-7 Win vs. Manual)
2. Scott Co. (7-0)- (48-7 Win @ Henry Clay)
3. PRP (6-1)-(42-16 Win vs. Seneca)
4. Lafayette (6-2) - (22-19 Win vs. Clark County)
5. Butler (5-2)-(34-13 Win @ #6 Southern)
6. St. Xavier( 4-4)-(57-7 Win @ Male)
7. Bryan Station (5-2)-(51-16 Win @ Dunbar)
8. Eastern (5-2) - (36-0 Win vs. Ballard)
9. Manual (6-1)-(7-58 Loss vs. #1 Trinity)
10. Southern (4-3)-(13-34 Loss vs. #7 Butler)

10/16
Class 6A

1. Trinity (8-0)-(49-0 Win vs. Male)
2. Scott Co. (8-0)- (41-13 Win @ #7 Bryan Station)
3. Butler (6-2)-(35-7 Win @ #3 PRP)
4. St. Xavier( 5-4)-(21-14 Win @ #9 Manual)
5. PRP (6-2)-(35-7 Loss vs. #5 Butler)
6. Eastern (6-2) - (42-21 Win vs. Oldham Co)
7. Lafayette (6-2) - (22-19 Win vs. Clark County)
8. Bryan Station (5-3)-(41-13 Loss @ #2 Scott Co)
9. Manual (6-2)-(21-14 Loss vs. #6 St. X)
10. Henderson Co (5-3) - (61-21 Win vs. Marshall Co)

10/23
Class 6A

1. Trinity (8-0)-(Bye)
2. Scott Co. (9-0)- (55-6 Win @ Dunbar)
3. Butler (7-2)-(41-7 Win vs. Seneca)
4. St. Xavier( 5-4)-(Bye)
5. PRP (7-2)-(63-17 Win @ Southern)
6. Eastern (7-2) - (30-14 Win vs. Fern Creek)
7. Bryan Station (6-3)-(31-14 Win @ Fern Creek)
8. Lafayette (7-3) - (14-7 Win vs. Tates Creek)
9. Manual (7-2)-(21-14 Win vs. Male)
10. Henderson Co (6-3) - (68-11 Win vs. Muhlenberg Co)
I Rule The World Wrote:Just wondering about Willaimsburg in 1A. There are two 4 loss teams and a team with a losing record on there instead of them. They were 7th or 8th in the AP this week. Was thinking maybe they were overlooked and forgotten about this week or something.

i got to agree with Pantherthunder on this one.
Ive personally seen Wburg play this year.
They are a good team, young, but good.
The problem Wburg has is they dont play up to the level they are capable of.
look at there game with Berea. They should have killed Berea and it took OT to win that one.
While playing Lynn Camp, they did end up winning handidly, but the half time score was very close.
They are just not playing like a good team right now.
not to worry though, as i said they are young, and district champs.
I would bet money for the next 3 years they will rival the likes of Hazard and Pikeville. But IMHO there still a year or two away.
Not a supporter of them or anything, just kinda was wondering.. Thank you
Dusty, I understand the argument, but dropping from 3-9 for losing to the #1 team in the nation? They should still be top 5. They really are that good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They dropped when everyone else won, some being more impressive wins than others. Bottom-line, they dropped and everything has stayed somewhat stable ever sense. Nobody complained the week they dropped! I've felt that in my gut, St. X is the 2nd best 2A team in the state, but this is not using my gut. Manual struggled to beat a Male team that was destroyed by Trinity and X, thus, they go no reward this week for barely beating Male. If they were in the same category as X, they would have fared much better against Male than X did. I'm sticking to performance. As for gut, that is for all of you to do!
I Rule The World Wrote:Just wondering about Willaimsburg in 1A. There are two 4 loss teams and a team with a losing record on there instead of them. They were 7th or 8th in the AP this week. Was thinking maybe they were overlooked and forgotten about this week or something.
Yeah, the AP also had Eminence ranked. Record doesn't mean a lot lot if you haven't play anyone. And when you struggle with teams like Berea, Campbellsville, and Allen Central. Also the Jackets were beaten badly by the #9 team in the poll, Harlan, therefore it is pretty hard to argue them a spot in the top 10. Eeven though I will grant that #10 is a freaking toss up. Frankfort jumps in this week beause they have handled bad teams and early in the year they played some pretty good teams relative to a Class A schedule better than a lot of middle of the pack Class A teams would.
^I never paid any attention, until someone pointed it. I would have complained then if I saw it Wink
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ well, you would have been WRONG then toConfusednicker:
LWC Wrote:Dusty, I understand the argument, but dropping from 3-9 for losing to the #1 team in the nation? They should still be top 5. They really are that good.

Agree, believe they would beat several teams ranked above them.

Stardust Wrote:They dropped when everyone else won, some being more impressive wins than others. Bottom-line, they dropped and everything has stayed somewhat stable ever sense. Nobody complained the week they dropped! I've felt that in my gut, St. X is the 2nd best 2A team in the state, but this is not using my gut. Manual struggled to beat a Male team that was destroyed by Trinity and X, thus, they go no reward this week for barely beating Male. If they were in the same category as X, they would have fared much better against Male than X did. I'm sticking to performance. As for gut, that is for all of you to do!

Well ,if you are going by preformance don't forget they have wins over #5 PRP and #3 Butler.
The wonderful thing about high school football is every team is going to get there chance to prove it on the field in the playoffs. For example if my tomcats beat covington catholic in round 2 they will move up in the polls. Same can be said for Manual, williamsburg, or any other team mentioned as being to low
Gold Charger Wrote:Agree, believe they would beat several teams ranked above them.

Well ,if you are going by preformance don't forget they have wins over #5 PRP and #3 Butler.

Wish all rankings worked that way, but they don't! When you lose and how you lose is the deciding factors in my rankings, but certainly are open to anyone's interpretation. Just as I disagree with the AP rankings of having both Ryle and Boone in their top ten.
Stardust Wrote:Wish all rankings worked that way, but they don't! When you lose and how you lose is the deciding factors in my rankings, but certainly are open to anyone's interpretation. Just as I disagree with the AP rankings of having both Ryle and Boone in their top ten.

Then please explain the when and how Manual's 2 losses justify a #9 ranking. I really would like to know your interpretatioin of it. Heck, I may even agree with you if I understood the "when and how" of losses in your rankings.
what some of you have to realize is anytime you have a "triangle" of wins, it makes it very diffucult to rank teams.
For example, knox beat rock, rock beat russell, russell beat knox. Now, who really DESERVES to be at the top? Its a total judgement call.

You also have to consider how teams play weak schedules early and beat teams that end up not losing after the get beat by that team.
For example, while Manual beat Butler and PRP, however having the schedule they had caused them to lose games after that while Butler and PRP started winning. Once again, total judgment call. You got some who say if you lose, no matter what, you drop.
Then you got some who say if you lose but its to a higher ranked team you stay the same or maybe move up.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:what some of you have to realize is anytime you have a "triangle" of wins, it makes it very diffucult to rank teams.
For example, knox beat rock, rock beat russell, russell beat knox. Now, who really DESERVES to be at the top? Its a total judgement call.

You also have to consider how teams play weak schedules early and beat teams that end up not losing after the get beat by that team.
For example, while Manual beat Butler and PRP, however having the schedule they had caused them to lose games after that while Butler and PRP started winning. Once again, total judgment call. You got some who say if you lose, no matter what, you drop.
Then you got some who say if you lose but its to a higher ranked team you stay the same or maybe move up.

For me it's more than just wins & losses, it's how you perform against your opponent based on how good they are (all of which is subjective). For instance, a few weeks back CovCath was playing Beechwood on a Saturday. I was fairly confident that CovCath would win and deserved a higher ranking in 4A than #4, but PM'd RIUTG to let him know that I was waiting to see how they performed to determine if they should move up or not. CovCath ended up winning by 12 points which I didn't feel was a strong enough performance to overtake Boyle or LexCath at the time. So, I left them at #4. Had they won by 16-20+, I probably would have moved them up then, even though Boyle or LexCath hadn't lost that week.

The thing that make this hard is that each class isn't just playing within their class. So you almost have to think of the rankings as a whole, then pull out the individual classes. I know I put a lot of thought into the 4A rankings, and I would expect that these other guys do as well. And I know mine aren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination. That's why we always welcome input.
laker20 Wrote:For me it's more than just wins & losses, it's how you perform against your opponent based on how good they are (all of which is subjective). For instance, a few weeks back CovCath was playing Beechwood on a Saturday. I was fairly confident that CovCath would win and deserved a higher ranking in 4A than #4, but PM'd RIUTG to let him know that I was waiting to see how they performed to determine if they should move up or not. CovCath ended up winning by 12 points which I didn't feel was a strong enough performance to overtake Boyle or LexCath at the time. So, I left them at #4. Had they won by 16-20+, I probably would have moved them up then, even though Boyle or LexCath hadn't lost that week.

The thing that make this hard is that each class isn't just playing within their class. So you almost have to think of the rankings as a whole, then pull out the individual classes. I know I put a lot of thought into the 4A rankings, and I would expect that these other guys do as well. And I know mine aren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination. That's why we always welcome input.

:truestory:
laker20 Wrote:The 4A rankings are a beast. I really wanted to have a tie at 5th and a 3-way tie at 10th. I'll be the first to say that 5 through 12 could beat each other on any given night. Franklin-Simpson and Collins both deserve to be in there somewhere, and one could argue North Oldham as well. The only thing that I am set on is the top 4. In fact, I sent it to RIUTG to post, then changed it again....even now I see one thing I'd do different.

I agree that Franklin-Simpson and Collins both deserve to be in there somewhere and possibly even North Oldham but there are so many good teams in 4A it is hard to create a top 10. However I don't think that Franklin-Simpson, Collins, North Oldham, or any other team in the state are going to worry too much about how they are ranked because come playoff time none of that matters, all that matters is that you win.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:what some of you have to realize is anytime you have a "triangle" of wins, it makes it very diffucult to rank teams.

But you also must look at who Manual lost to...Trinity and St X. Don't believe either PRP or Butler would have won against them and they still have a loss to Manual. One thing I look at is...can said team, beat a team ranked above them...if the answer is no, good ranking, if yes, then that team needs to be moved up.

laker20 Wrote:For me it's more than just wins & losses, it's how you perform against your opponent based on how good they are (all of which is subjective). For instance, a few weeks back CovCath was playing Beechwood on a Saturday. I was fairly confident that CovCath would win and deserved a higher ranking in 4A than #4, but PM'd RIUTG to let him know that I was waiting to see how they performed to determine if they should move up or not. CovCath ended up winning by 12 points which I didn't feel was a strong enough performance to overtake Boyle or LexCath at the time. So, I left them at #4. Had they won by 16-20+, I probably would have moved them up then, even though Boyle or LexCath hadn't lost that week.

Which is what I was trying to give.
Gold Charger Wrote:But you also must look at who Manual lost to...Trinity and St X. Don't believe either PRP or Butler would have won against them and they still have a loss to Manual. One thing I look at is...can said team, beat a team ranked above them...if the answer is no, good ranking, if yes, then that team needs to be moved up.

Which is what I was trying to give.

You are correct about that.
Theres no doubt both of those teams would have beaten both PRP and Butler as well.
However, its at the time the losses came and i dont think SD is punishing Manual for any specific reason, its just more of the time frame in which they lost while the other teams won.
Gold Charger Wrote:Then please explain the when and how Manual's 2 losses justify a #9 ranking. I really would like to know your interpretatioin of it. Heck, I may even agree with you if I understood the "when and how" of losses in your rankings.

The week the lost the Trinity, they were pounded. When they lost, they dropped all the way down to 9 when all the rest of the teams won. The next week they lost to X, which resulted in them not moving up, justifying their 9 spot from the previous week. In both of those games, they were blown out. They came back with a hap-hazard effort against a terrible Louisville Male. So, can Manual beat any of the 6 other teams above them, I say no! We will soon find out, but right now, they are not justified for anything higher than the 9 spot.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You are correct about that.
Theres no doubt both of those teams would have beaten both PRP and Butler as well.
However, its at the time the losses came and i dont think SD is punishing Manual for any specific reason, its just more of the time frame in which they lost while the other teams won.

But, PRP and Butler just might beat Manual as well.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Class 6A
By: Stardust

1. Trinity (8-0)-(Bye)
2. Scott Co. (9-0)- (55-6 Win @ Dunbar)
3. Butler (7-2)-(41-7 Win vs. Seneca)
4. St. Xavier( 5-4)-(Bye)
5. PRP (7-2)-(63-17 Win @ Southern)
6. Eastern (7-2) - (30-14 Win vs. Fern Creek)
7. Bryan Station (6-3)-(31-14 Win @ Fern Creek)
8. Lafayette (7-3) - (14-7 Win vs. Tates Creek)
9. Manual (7-2)-(21-14 Win vs. Male)
10. Henderson Co (6-3) - (68-11 Win vs. Muhlenberg Co)

All of these are 100% COMPUTER Rankings!