Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 34, Elder 29
Wise one Wrote:According to the official stats, Highlands was called for 8 penalties and Elder for one.

The only flag on Elder was for a block in the back on a punt return.

And on that one there were 2 flags on separate blocks in the back.
Congrats Highlands on winning your 67th game out of the last 69 played.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Fair enough but I believe George Washington is on the same talent level as Cov Cath and close to highlands and the tomcats hung right there with them. their running back and mlb were both legit D1 players and that team only scored 18 against ashland Which is the most all season. But like you said the playoffs will tell us all about it if Ashland can dominate Harrison and beat cov cath then I would say they have a legit shot vs highlands.

If Ashland beats Covcath, then they have a punchers chance to beat Highlands. I just don't seem them beating CovCath. Dominating Harrison won't tell anybody anything. Harrison is real bad this year.
Wideleft01 Wrote:If Ashland beats Covcath, then they have a punchers chance to beat Highlands. I just don't seem them beating CovCath. Dominating Harrison won't tell anybody anything. Harrison is real bad this year.

Ashland imo can't beat Cov Cath and they certainly can't beat Highlands, although I wouldn't mind them getting a chance to play Highlands after talking to a couple people at the Ashland, Johnson Central game who believe Highlands haven't played anyone this year. I really don't think they will get by Cov Cath though. It wouldn't have mattered if JC had beaten Ashland, they couldn't have beaten Cov Cath either. JMO
This is off topic, I guess. But both of these teams have really cool Jerseys.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I watched several Elder films. They absolutely Did NOT have 8 starters out. They were missing the QB, one defensive player, and one other injured starter who didn't even play the week before. Elder may have had 8 players unavailable, but the only starters from the prior week were the QB and and a defensive lineman.

Hoot and Tomcat, root all you want for your team. Take all the shots you want at Highlands. After your garbage teams get blown out, you can get on here and tell us how many player's you'll have back, and how good your team will be next year. There's always next year. Bottom line, it's hard rooting for perennial losers.

Please show me where I've attacked anyone I said Ashland could compete with anyone not win and I don't like some of highlands fans who have a we can't lose attitude. It takes humility to be successful not arrogance. But I surely haven't taken any shots like you just did calling Ashland and JC garbage teams.
That was too harsh on my part. But to knock Highlands for beating Elder because a few guys were out for Elder. Elder's JV team is better than every team in Ky not name Highlands and Trinity. If you don't believe it, go watch a game.
Elder had a full week of practice with their 2 to 8 lowly backups. Just a guess, Highlands did not prepare to play without Towles.

I would venture to another guess that a majority of teams in Kentucky do not have 35 players on their roster...Elder has that many SENIORS, with a like number of juniors. The drop off in talent, especially with a week to prepare, is minimal if in fact any.

Take away 5 to 10 players from almost any team you are familiar with and their chance for any kind of a championship is gone. Remove that many from a Trinity, Cincy Moeller, Cincy St X, Cincy Elder and it is just a bump in the road.
QUOTE=Wideleft01;1287375]That was too harsh on my part. But to knock Highlands for beating Elder because a few guys were out for Elder. Elder's JV team is better than every team in Ky not name Highlands and Trinity. If you don't believe it, go watch a game.[/QUOTE]

Maybe maybe not I remember last year everyone saying JC wouldn't even beatv cov cath cause they played highlands so close. Elder is a very good team and So is highlands. However I Believe when you look at what The tomcats have done against the really good teams on there schedule Which include. GW Ironton Belfry And JC it tells me this team doesn't have the same makeup as last years talented but unfocused team.

On another note any updates on towels? hope this kid is ok
PT should be fine. He might be forced to sit against Ryle though.
Might see another episode of the McCoy show.
He will be ready for the playoffs
Why do I get the feeling that Highlands is superman? Don't get me wrong, they are good! But, are they unbeatable? They haven't exactly played a tough schedule. I believe their opponents overall record to this point is 32-50. Oh, they have only played 3 teams with a winning record and one of those is 5-4. Will this hurt them come playoff time? Just thinking out loud.
Score Now! Wrote:Why do I get the feeling that Highlands is superman? Don't get me wrong, they are good! But, are they unbeatable? They haven't exactly played a tough schedule. I believe their opponents overall record to this point is 32-50. Oh, they have only played 3 teams with a winning record and one of those is 5-4. Will this hurt them come playoff time? Just thinking out loud.

I don't blame you. With the current district lineup making it necessary to schedule Pendleton, Holmes and Harrison ever year, I'd like to see them bulk the rest of the schedule up a bit. I'd keep Ryle on there, but I'd like to see teams like Boyle, LexCath, Bowling Green, John Hardin, St. X and Trinity in one mix or another. Undefeated seasons mean nothing if the 77-0 drubbings lull you into complacency. I'm afraid that this year's schedule has left the Birds somewhat vulnerable. Still a great team, but I wonder if they've improved through the season as much as CovCath.
^ Considering the games that they have to play, how can you have issues with the schedule for this year?

Boyle County - Defending State Champion with a great history

Dixie - Came into the season with one of the most touted recruits in the state who is headed to the defending national champion Auburn Tigers

Western - was in the semifinals of the state championship last year

Mason County - Came into the season as the #2 ranked team in the state

Cov Cath - exceeded expectations, and likely the only team in the state championship to derail the Birds this year

Holmes - one of the most surprising teams from 2010 in NKY

Elder - National power

Ryle - top 10 team in the state of Kentucky's 6A

It's not Highlands fault that these teams have not lived up to expectation for some reason, but the schedule was extremely aggressive on paper at the beginning of the year. I think that the reason the Birds have destroyed teams in their wake is because they have NOT lost any focus at all. I think this could be in the top three coaching jobs that Dale has done.
Blau Vogel Wrote:Elder had a full week of practice with their 2 to 8 lowly backups. Just a guess, Highlands did not prepare to play without Towles.

I would venture to another guess that a majority of teams in Kentucky do not have 35 players on their roster...Elder has that many SENIORS, with a like number of juniors. The drop off in talent, especially with a week to prepare, is minimal if in fact any.

Take away 5 to 10 players from almost any team you are familiar with and their chance for any kind of a championship is gone. Remove that many from a Trinity, Cincy Moeller, Cincy St X, Cincy Elder and it is just a bump in the road.

Here is another point that has not been pointed out.

When a team that suspends players, starters or others, rarely, if ever, calls their next opponent and says "Hey, for your information, we just suspended players x, y and z from the team and they will not play against you this week." It would not be to their advantage. They allow the opponent to continue with the assumption that the team they have scouted and watched on film is the one that will be on the field for the next game.

Do you think that Elder's Coach Ramsey called Highlands' Coach Mueller to report the suspensions? I highly doubt it. So, if Highlands did not know who the suspended players were, or even have a verification that players were actually suspended, they did they prepare to play Elder as if the players in the films and scouting reports were to be on the field? The chances of that are very high.

Did this affect the play on in the Highlands - Elder game? My money is on yes. Did Highlands adjust to the players that were on the field? Yes they did, the difference in the play of the Highlands Defense in the two halves show that adjustments were made and thus shows that the coaches and players were into this game.
Wideleft01 Wrote:That was too harsh on my part. But to knock Highlands for beating Elder because a few guys were out for Elder. Elder's JV team is better than every team in Ky not name Highlands and Trinity. If you don't believe it, go watch a game.

I don't believe you. You could get some bets on that statement. You are so blinded by Highlands success, that it makes some of your posts laughable. Highlands is, as always, a very good football team, but you're not doing them any favors by your chest pumping. I think there are several teams in Kentucky that could beat Elder's JV team and few that could beat their varsity. Who knows?
adopted purple Wrote:I don't believe you. You could get some bets on that statement. You are so blinded by Highlands success, that it makes some of your posts laughable. Highlands is, as always, a very good football team, but you're not doing them any favors by your chest pumping. I think there are several teams in Kentucky that could beat Elder's JV team and few that could beat their varsity. Who knows?

Go see Elder play. Then come talk to me. The playoff games for Highlands are laughable for the most part every year. Your W. Ky representative in the title game has been mediocre at best for at least 4 straight years. The 4A state title game is November 18th in Ft. Thomas. 5A is a class of perennial also rans.
ive seen Elder Jv and they were not that good...someone said to me they lost to withrow Jv team If thats correct highlands lost to Elder Jv (should of won) but they shut out Withrow as well...also like to point out they lost to trinity at the start of the season to Trinity second team. I would not call them jv...there jv came into the game late in the second half...that just tells you how deep they are. oh sorry back on task...

I do think there are a few other school this year besides T or hhs who could play with Elder this year. I didn't say win but i do think they can play and thats all that matters.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Go see Elder play. Then come talk to me. The playoff games for Highlands are laughable for the most part every year. Your W. Ky representative in the title game has been mediocre at best for at least 4 straight years. The 4A state title game is November 18th in Ft. Thomas. 5A is a class of perennial also rans.

You keep going back to the last four years. Trinity beat Bowling Green by 2 points last year. BG returned most of their starters on both sides of the ball. I'm not trying to say they could beat Trinity, but they are better than last year also. My point is, that was last year. Programs change. Some get better. Some get worse and so does Highlands. Nothing would make me happier than to see Highlands and BG play this year, but it isn't going to happen.
Looks like Highlands isn't immortal after all. If a team showed up ready to play they could beat this team.
Wideleft01 Wrote:That was too harsh on my part. But to knock Highlands for beating Elder because a few guys were out for Elder. Elder's JV team is better than every team in Ky not name Highlands and Trinity. If you don't believe it, go watch a game.

I'd just like to see Highlands schedule Trinity or St X on a regular basis. But they won't, because it is easier to chirp about beating a 2-7 GCL team and proclaim it's greatness rather than play the instate powers that would beat them down badly. Highlands hasn't played Trinity or X since X put a running clock on them in 2005 and beat them by 2 TD's in 2006 (since your wanting to consider past history). You trying to convince everyone of the greatness of a 2-7 GCL team is comical.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Go see Elder play. Then come talk to me. The playoff games for Highlands are laughable for the most part every year. Your W. Ky representative in the title game has been mediocre at best for at least 4 straight years. The 4A state title game is November 18th in Ft. Thomas. 5A is a class of perennial also rans.

How much you figure you were laughing in the split second before a wide open receiver let a potential game winning touchdown pass slip through his fingers in last years playoff game in Paintsville? Real knee slapper wasn't it?
Thunder Lips Wrote:I'd just like to see Highlands schedule Trinity or St X on a regular basis. But they won't, because it is easier to chirp about beating a 2-7 GCL team and proclaim it's greatness rather than play the instate powers that would beat them down badly. Highlands hasn't played Trinity or X since X put a running clock on them in 2005 and beat them by 2 TD's in 2006 (since your wanting to consider past history). You trying to convince everyone of the greatness of a 2-7 GCL team is comical.

St X louisville hasn't been able to beat a GCL team in years. As a matter of fact, I can't remember them ever beating a GCL school.
Thunder Lips Wrote:I'd just like to see Highlands schedule Trinity or St X on a regular basis. But they won't, because it is easier to chirp about beating a 2-7 GCL team and proclaim it's greatness rather than play the instate powers that would beat them down badly. Highlands hasn't played Trinity or X since X put a running clock on them in 2005 and beat them by 2 TD's in 2006 (since your wanting to consider past history). You trying to convince everyone of the greatness of a 2-7 GCL team is comical.

St X did beat a bad Highlands team in 2005 and squeaked by a 7-5 Highlands team in 2006. But these days St. X is a has been. St. X may never win another title. Trinity is waaaaaaaaay better than you and so is Highlands. The GCL folk look at Louisville St. X and talk about how soft they are.
Bob Seger Wrote:How much you figure you were laughing in the split second before a wide open receiver let a potential game winning touchdown pass slip through his fingers in last years playoff game in Paintsville? Real knee slapper wasn't it?

It was a hoot. Some teams won't ever get over the hump. You can wear shorts to the game on Nov 11th Bob, because you'll only be out of the car for 24 minutes in the second half. Those running clock games go quick. You won't have time to get cold.
Maybe Highlands will win state or maybe they won't. We will know in a little over a month, but until then let's play football on the field and not with our mouths. I believe that there are a lot of teams in Kentucky that would be undefeated against Highlands schedule. I have seen Elder and they are not that good! Sure, the schedule was supposed to be good, but it's NOT. All it takes is a turnover here and turnover there and even the mighty Highlands can lose. They will have to play some teams that can beat them! Let's play football!
Wideleft01 Wrote:It was a hoot. Some teams won't ever get over the hump. You can wear shorts to the game on Nov 11th Bob, because you'll only be out of the car for 24 minutes in the second half. Those running clock games go quick. You won't have time to get cold.

Yeah, I'd say the real hoot of the night was you going though that case of clorox and the pallet of arm and hammer baking soda trying to get stain and the stench out of your drawers that you crapped in that night.:flush:

Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:Yeah, I'd say the real hoot of the night was you going though that case of clorox and the pallet of arm and hammer baking soda trying to get stain and the stench out of your drawers that you crapped in that night.:flush:

Confusednicker:

You're a funny guy, Bob...
Blau Vogel Wrote:You're a funny guy, Bob...

I guess at times we all have our moments.:biggrin:
Bob Seger Wrote:I guess at times we all have our moments.:biggrin:

Bob, I think everyone of your posts are a joke....:biggrin: j/k
Stardust Wrote:Bob, I think everyone of your posts are a joke....:biggrin: j/k

Oh yeah!!!!!!! Well......yo mamma!!:flame:

:biggrin::biggrin: