Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
39.47%
Pikeville
60.53%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley @ Pikeville (10/28)
County rivals meet for the first time since the mid-90s at Hillard Howard field in Pikeville. SV has proven they can run the ball against anyone, but their Pass Defense leaves a lot to be desired. I am thinking this one will be close an high scoring.

Pikeville 35
Shelby Valley 28

This would require a great game from the Panthers. On, On Maroon and White!!

Thoughts...

Could a mod add a poll? I always forget!
Pikeville-41
Shelby Valley-28
Pikeville will score a bunch against SV. Hard to tell how good SV running game is, we won't find out until Friday. I think Pikeville will win, but not going to call it a lock until Big Don picks SV.
Valley cruises by 4 TD's.
We have a lock.
Jet: Go ahead and put the house, car and any cash on it.
Valley will run all over the Panthers . Just gotta straighten out the pass defense. 48-34 Valley.
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville will score a bunch against SV. Hard to tell how good SV running game is, we won't find out until Friday. I think Pikeville will win, but not going to call it a lock until Big Don picks SV.

They put up some big numbers on Pburg and leslie .Pikevilles defense will have a hard time stopping that run game .
blue60 Wrote:They put up some big numbers on Pburg and leslie .Pikevilles defense will have a hard time stopping that run game .

And lost both games. If BL scored 40 on SV, Pikeville can score 100.
Pikeville will go up and down the field on the SV defense. If they can contain the SV running game remains to be seen.
As for what's already been said earlier in the thread, I don't think Pikeville will slow down Valley's rush attack. They are just too talented, and SV will get both their yards and their points.

However, SV's defense will have a difficult time slowing down the Panther offense. Valley has allowed Pike Central, Prestonsburg, Leslie Co., and now Betsy Layne to all score at least 40 points against them.

As Pikeville will likely put a lot of points on the board, the only hope Shelby Valley has is to keep scoring each possession, and hope Pikeville makes a mistake. The problem is that turnovers have reared their ugly head in losses to both P-Burg and Leslie, and that may end up being SV's downfall here.

SV should make a game of it, but will probably not have enough to beat the Panthers this year. Make it...

Pikeville 45
Valley 35

Prove me wrong Wildcats!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can I troll this one?
Real Badman Wrote:Can I troll this one?

In what way?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Real Badman Wrote:Can I troll this one?
Not really. There is no outcome that would really shock me.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Not really. There is no outcome that would really shock me.

Pretty much this; I got nothing :zzz:
Pikeville 45-21
Close game goin into 4th Q. Pikeville qb randy maynard takes over and pikeville wins by 3 straight unanswered tds.

PHS- 49
SVHS- 28
It wouldn't shock me if either team won by 3+ TD's or if either team won by a single point. With that being said. I think whoever shoots the best from the foul line will win it, and the 59th. I'm not gonna pick a winner but the final score will be 74-72...............
Pikeville,47-15.
If and only if??? Pikeville put the Tackett Kid at QB, and had Maynard at splitout, the Wildcats would have a really hard time containing the pass, however...Maynard is a tremendous runner, but needs to have the ball in his hands to make the Panthers a more dangerous threat! I pick the Panthers in a close on here...21-16!
Randy Maynard will have video game stats in this one and Lucas Fields will get his 300, the key to this game is turnovers if SV can limit their fumbles and run like they have since the 2nd week of the season I think they can win it. If they have 1 or 2 fumbles then I will take Pikeville. I really dont see either team stopping the other. SV will have the advantage in the trenches as well, but Randy Maynard will do his thing as will Fields.I am very exited about this game. Im not forsure but I dont beleive a Shelby Valley/Virgie/Dorton team has ever beaten a Pikeville team althoug I may be wrong. If they have then It was before the Early 80's. There is alot of hate between these schools and has been for 30+ years, I think if they consitantly play this game the rivalry can be as big as it is in Basketball. In all honesty I am going to pick my Wildcats in this one. Hopefully we have the ball last, because whoever scores last will win. IMO. Good Luck to both teams.
My pick is in honor of "Hail Pikeville" (get well soon buddy)
Pikeville by 4 TD's.
Shelby Valley can when, but they will need to defend the pass better and limit their turnovers.

My Prediction is

Shelby Valley 34
Pikeville 28
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville will score a bunch against SV. Hard to tell how good SV running game is, we won't find out until Friday. I think Pikeville will win, but not going to call it a lock until Big Don picks SV.

I'll second JP. Ha Ha.
The strength and accuracy of Burgey Vanhoose's leg may make a difference in this game.

Pikeville--34
Valley---21
I expect a fairly close game, I would like to see Valley pull it out, but I believe Pikeville is just a little bit better.
Panthers by 2 TDs
Big Five-0- Wrote:The strength and accuracy of Burgey Vanhoose's leg may make a difference in this game.

Pikeville--34
Valley---21

Well if SV is smart they will go for two everytime. Vanhoose will not be a factor because if SV plays defense like they did against Betsey Layne, Pikeville will score everytime they touch the ball. I am not going to pick a winner. Last two games I have watched it looked like a playstation game with all that offense. Good luck SV.
Valley wins.
Pikeville wins but I don't think it's going to be as high a score as most are predicting. More like 21-14.