Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland at Paintsville 10/21
IRISH4 Wrote:I agree, I think the Tigers biggest mistake was "running" Burr off. I guess winning 8 or 9 games a year, hosting playoff games, and being competetive wasn't enough. I'm with you on finding a replacement. I think that someone who wants a chance to become a head coach would LOVE that position. Chirico would be a great hire, when I played, we all loved him. His passion and intensity was second to none...however, I just don't see that happening. That bridge was probably, and note I say probably because I cannot speak for Joe, burned when his best friend Jim Tom was let go after two season of 6 win football when he took over a team that was left with nothing. Those wins were attributed to coaching and scheme week in and week out. I wish Paintsville the best in whatever they choose to do at the end of the season, but I do know a once storied program rich in tradition and history doesn't deserve to be at the bottom of the state in Class A.

Back to the game...
Raceland 56
Paintsville 6
I agree it was a big mistake letting Lemaster go but weren't they supposed to be getting Chuke Williams to take over? I wonder if Burr would be interested in taking the job over again.
dirtybird Wrote:I agree it was a big mistake letting Lemaster go but weren't they supposed to be getting Chuke Williams to take over? I wonder if Burr would be interested in taking the job over again.

I'm not sure, but I'd say it's highly unlikely. You never know though.
Superman20 Wrote:This is the most boneheaded post I've ever read on a Paintsville football thread. Jason is not even in the ball park when it comes to coaching ability compared to burr lemaster. Burrs staff could blow that weak staff they have now out of the water. As for finding a replacement if they go that route, that shouldn't be a problem considering their are assistant coaches all over eastern ky that would love to have a chance to be a head coach. Coaches that have paid there dues and have worked for years to be a head coach and weren't handed a job after one season of coaching as well.

Really, name all the good coaches Burr had that was so cerebral, and don't name Chuke or Copley. I didn't say Burr wasn't a good coach but he certainly couldn't take this bunch and win even with his superior coaching staff. Did you ever stop and think that Burr had better athletes than Jason has coached?
I don't know if Jason can coach or not, if you go by his record the last 4 years I suppose the answer is obvious. If they do make a change I would suggest that the search committee ask for your advice since you must know all these up and comming young coaches looking for a job.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:The coach I believe still has his job. To discuss possible replacements ,is at best premature and for the most part counterproductive to the program. The Seniors have games to play. Then everyone can play. As to BMR and The Burr they have indeed had a shot and if their records are reviewed quite pleasant data will be encountered. As to new staff ,the system to be effective will need to spend some money and they do not appear to want that. Besides that, the new cafeteria needs Pizza.

If you want to give thowe wins BMR had for a season to him go ahead, everyone knows who's team that really was.
White Feather Wrote:If you want to give thowe wins BMR had for a season to him go ahead, everyone knows who's team that really was.
I agree. I think that is why BMR will stay out of the coaching mix this time around.
White Feather Wrote:Really, name all the good coaches Burr had that was so cerebral, and don't name Chuke or Copley. I didn't say Burr wasn't a good coach but he certainly couldn't take this bunch and win even with his superior coaching staff. Did you ever stop and think that Burr had better athletes than Jason has coached?
I don't know if Jason can coach or not, if you go by his record the last 4 years I suppose the answer is obvious. If they do make a change I would suggest that the search committee ask for your advice since you must know all these up and comming young coaches looking for a job.

Jim tom, joe chirico, and Milton Preston were very good coaches that were on that staff and all knew more about football than any coach on that current staff. If you think their coaching wouldn't make these kids better than your crazy. Playcalling on offense and defensive alignments have crippled this team all season. Basic fundamentals need to be worked on with those kids as well. Having a good solid core of coaches is vital to a program. Actually, I do know some good coaches that are interested in the phs if it comes open. I will not list there names on this board because there isn't an opening and they might want to keep that private. If jason stays that's fine, but he will have to surround himself with better assistants.
White Feather Wrote:If you want to give thowe wins BMR had for a season to him go ahead, everyone knows who's team that really was.
We certainly have. He would have taken and did take the loss as well. You see the man in the seat assumes the responsibility. If not so then the steering wheel needs to pass. It might be said that the 6/6 team belonged elsewhere, just as you indicated of the BMR team.
White Feather Wrote:Really, name all the good coaches Burr had that was so cerebral, and don't name Chuke or Copley. I didn't say Burr wasn't a good coach but he certainly couldn't take this bunch and win even with his superior coaching staff. Did you ever stop and think that Burr had better athletes than Jason has coached?
Blame anything you wish on the record, but don't blame the kids.Without them there would have been no team much less a record. There are few enough numbers as is. Try starting next season at 0.
Superman20 Wrote:Jim tom, joe chirico, and Milton Preston were very good coaches that were on that staff and all knew more about football than any coach on that current staff. If you think their coaching wouldn't make these kids better than your crazy. Playcalling on offense and defensive alignments have crippled this team all season. Basic fundamentals need to be worked on with those kids as well. Having a good solid core of coaches is vital to a program. Actually, I do know some good coaches that are interested in the phs if it comes open. I will not list there names on this board because there isn't an opening and they might want to keep that private. If jason stays that's fine, but he will have to surround himself with better assistants.

I'll give you Joe Chirico,but not the other 2. Diabo would cancel them out so we're back to square one. I'll give you the point about a coach surronding himself with good assistants though. I really don't care who coaches the team in the future and it really dosen't matter, you have to have some kids that know how to block and tackle or a coaching staff that can teach it.
why wouldn't a coach want that job? They have 16 sophomores and an excellent middle school team. With the right guidance the program can be solid again. As for the selection committee comments that's pretty funny. My friends and I got a good laugh out of your post. Lol
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:We certainly have. He would have taken and did take the loss as well. You see the man in the seat assumes the responsibility. If not so then the steering wheel needs to pass. It might be said that the 6/6 team belonged elsewhere, just as you indicated of the BMR team.

Getting philosophic are we. The 6/6 team falls squarley on the sholders of the BMR coaching staff.
Superman20 Wrote:why wouldn't a coach want that job? They have 16 sophomores and an excellent middle school team. With the right guidance the program can be solid again. As for the selection committee comments that's pretty funny. My friends and I got a good laugh out of your post. Lol

Got to have some laughter in these debates, glad you liked it.
White Feather Wrote:I'll give you Joe Chirico,but not the other 2. Diabo would cancel them out so we're back to square one. I'll give you the point about a coach surronding himself with good assistants though. I really don't care who coaches the team in the future and it really dosen't matter, you have to have some kids that know how to block and tackle or a coaching staff that can teach it.

I respectively disagree with you. Milton coached for decades and done a very solid job over the years. Jim tom was a very good d coordinator and always put together a tough defense. Look at jim tom now, he's the offensive coordinator for pburg and does a fine job. Pete diabo coaches not even one season of high school football and he's better than both? I don't understand your logic.
White Feather Wrote:Got to have some laughter in these debates, glad you liked it.

Its all in good fun. I enjoy talking sports with everyone on here. Even if we have different opinions
Superman20 Wrote:I respectively disagree with you. Milton coached for decades and done a very solid job over the years. Jim tom was a very good d coordinator and always put together a tough defense. Look at jim tom now, he's the offensive coordinator for pburg and does a fine job. Pete diabo coaches not even one season of high school football and he's better than both? I don't understand your logic.

Actually Pete coached a couple hears with coach Brugh when his son Parker was in the 7ath & 8th grades, also coached in West Virginia when he graduated from Marshall so this isn't Pete's first rodeo. Seems like I remember Jim Tom running a 3-4 defense at one time and wouldn't change it because every parent on that team was livid so JT kept it for the whole year just to show the parents he was in control. When JT left Paintsville ( I think he got screwed when they let him go after just 2 years as head coach) I think he was just getting to know how to coach. He may be a good coach now but at the time he was at Paintsville he was just learning. I like JT, nice guy and wish him well. Uncle Miltie is just old school, football has changed a great deal since he graduated at Marshall.
Superman20 Wrote:why wouldn't a coach want that job? They have 16 sophomores and an excellent middle school team. With the right guidance the program can be solid again. As for the selection committee comments that's pretty funny. My friends and I got a good laugh out of your post. Lol

who's to say that all the boys will come back if they change coaches, these boys have stayed with kinner despite all the crap thats been said since they started high school. they are maturing with each game. what if the team didn't have the injuries this year and maybe won the games they lost before district started are we still talking about coach changes or getting excited about the playoffs.
White Feather Wrote:Getting philosophic are we. The 6/6 team falls squarley on the sholders of the BMR coaching staff.
???? JTA had a 6/6 team in 07 and left Jk his best team which was also the 6/6 Tigers of 08. I really fail to understand where BMR fits in here since his only team was 10/3 prior to the JTA years. Can you help me with this?
just wondering Wrote:who's to say that all the boys will come back if they change coaches, these boys have stayed with kinner despite all the crap thats been said since they started high school. they are maturing with each game. what if the team didn't have the injuries this year and maybe won the games they lost before district started are we still talking about coach changes or getting excited about the playoffs.

Very noble that you stand up for your coach. My best advice is never quit football regardless of what takes place. I have no idea what will happen with coaching and when I say changes need to be made im not insinuating it has to be the head coach. Im saying a change needs to be made somewhere to get things back to where it used to be. Regardless of who is coaching whether I like them or not, I will support the school.
All rationale and logic would lead one to pick the Rams in this one. However, being a Tiger fan, a term closely associated with fanatic, I will cast aside rationale and logic. My heart says I gotta' pick the Tigers. Go Blue!!!
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:???? JTA had a 6/6 team in 07 and left Jk his best team which was also the 6/6 Tigers of 08. I really fail to understand where BMR fits in here since his only team was 10/3 prior to the JTA years. Can you help me with this?

Yea I can help you, the 5/6 team of 06 team falls on the BMR era which was JT first season, see when I start trying to type as fast as I talk sometimes I will fat finger a # and in this case I hit the 6 instead of the 5 in the previous post you are having trouble understanding. Let me see if I can put this in a way even you could follow MCH. In my opinion and the opinion of many, the 05 team was Chukes team, therefore the 06 team( in my opinion ) would be the staff of BMR because he coached the the year before hence the difference in a 10/3 record to a losing 5/6 record jmo.
White Feather Wrote:Yea I can help you, the 5/6 team of 06 team falls on the BMR era which was JT first season, see when I start trying to type as fast as I talk sometimes I will fat finger a # and in this case I hit the 6 instead of the 5 in the previous post you are having trouble understanding. Let me see if I can put this in a way even you could follow MCH. In my opinion and the opinion of many, the 05 team was Chukes team, therefore the 06 team( in my opinion ) would be the staff of BMR because he coached the the year before hence the difference in a 10/3 record to a losing 5/6 record jmo.
Thanks for the clarification. Could we maybe agree that it would be better to leave someone say a 500 range team rather than say a 200. Just hypothetically speaking of cource.
Raceland by 3 scores. Tigers' troubles continue another week.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Thanks for the clarification. Could we maybe agree that it would be better to leave someone say a 500 range team rather than say a 200. Just hypothetically speaking of cource.

That would work for everyone involved.
White Feather Wrote:Yea I can help you, the 5/6 team of 06 team falls on the BMR era which was JT first season, see when I start trying to type as fast as I talk sometimes I will fat finger a # and in this case I hit the 6 instead of the 5 in the previous post you are having trouble understanding. Let me see if I can put this in a way even you could follow MCH. In my opinion and the opinion of many, the 05 team was Chukes team, therefore the 06 team( in my opinion ) would be the staff of BMR because he coached the the year before hence the difference in a 10/3 record to a losing 5/6 record jmo.

Or it could have been the loss of just about every starter minus Daniel Pugh.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Or it could have been the loss of just about every starter minus Daniel Pugh.

They knew who they were losing, should have given some underclassman some more reps, that goes to show you what one and done coaches will get you. Better still, I think Daniel Pugh had 4 different coaches in his 4 years as a player at Paintsville now that I think about it.
White Feather Wrote:They knew who they were losing, should have given some underclassman some more reps, that goes to show you what one and done coaches will get you. Better still, I think Daniel Pugh had 4 different coaches in his 4 years as a player at Paintsville now that I think about it.

Every game that was a blowout he gave the younger kids plenty of reps along with working in Kyle Sublett and the starters for the next year as much as possible. That 5-6 team you are whining about was a good football team, they played one of the toughest schedules in class A. And lost a first round game to Hazard that they should have won.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Every game that was a blowout he gave the younger kids plenty of reps along with working in Kyle Sublett and the starters for the next year as much as possible. That 5-6 team you are whining about was a good football team, they played one of the toughest schedules in class A. And lost a first round game to Hazard that they should have won.
Runyon knew what he was doing when he bailed on Paintsville. He was losing a huge group of senior starters, was gonna be left with a QB and a bunch of players who had never really played much before. Heck he did the same thing to Matt Ratliff after Landon, JD, and Grimm left.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Every game that was a blowout he gave the younger kids plenty of reps along with working in Kyle Sublett and the starters for the next year as much as possible. That 5-6 team you are whining about was a good football team, they played one of the toughest schedules in class A. And lost a first round game to Hazard that they should have won.

If you think I'm whinning about this team being 5/6 you've missed the point that we've been talking about this entire time. By the way, the kids on the 03-06 teams are my favorite all time teams. Granted there have been a lot better teams in the past that I've witnessed, but these are some of my favorite players to watch at Paintsville, and I dare say I've seen a lot of teams and players over the last 50 + years.
If I'm not mistaken and I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong, but Subby started as a Freshman on the 03 team. But then there's been too many beers and too many years to be exact.
TheBigLebowski Wrote:Runyon knew what he was doing when he bailed on Paintsville. He was losing a huge group of senior starters, was gonna be left with a QB and a bunch of players who had never really played much before. Heck he did the same thing to Matt Ratliff after Landon, JD, and Grimm left.

If you knew what you were talking about you would realise that Runyon planned to retire from coaching in 06. He was planning on letting Matt have two years of good talent. He was however pressured into staying for two more years by the powers that be so that the talent wouldn't be squandered. This is why he quit coaching football, and gave the team to Jim Tom.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If you knew what you were talking about you would realise that Runyon planned to retire from coaching in 06. He was planning on letting Matt have two years of good talent. He was however pressured into staying for two more years by the powers that be so that the talent wouldn't be squandered. This is why he quit coaching football, and gave the team to Jim Tom.
Correct, he did give the team to Jim Tom. Then he had Jim Tom fired two years later. As they say on ESPN, "C'mon Man!"