Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Southern 35- North Laurel 31.
wow.
congrats to MS
Another game that I missed.
Atleast Daddy is winning!!!:poker face:
Congrats Madison Southern
Chris Larkey has underachieved at North Laurel. I know the expectations are low to begin with, but who expected this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wow if you get beat by Madison southern your pretty horrible
Didn't see this coming.
Talk about an upset...
biggest surprise of the week.. playing a weak schedule is showing its affect.
North was playing with four or five new starters due to injuries this week. Middle linebacker got ejected last week and was suspended. Starting quarterback went out for part of the game and was clearly hurting when he came back. Multiple other injuries during game. They had some very very very small freshmen out there at the end. North was actually up ten in the fourth. North is young to begin with, But when the Qb went out and the third string came in for all the injuries they lost rhythem on offense and had no size or speed left on defense. No injuries and that linebacker play the win by alot.

Larkey is doing fine. North historically has been awful, what one or two winning seasons ever? they have lost three games this year on the last play or in the final two minutes. their schedule is not the problem, talent, size, speed, support, relying on sophomores and freshmen and injuries are the problem.
LWC Wrote:Chris Larkey has underachieved at North Laurel. I know the expectations are low to begin with, but who expected this?

Have you seen them play this year?

I did see a game on Thursday vs. South laurel. NL is very small and young from what I hear. Besides when did NL ever have high expectations. According to the program they have, they have already won more games in Chris's 3 years than they did in the past few years.
So if someone had a crystal ball on the day Chris was hired, they could look ahead to 10/15/2011 and say that he has done well? I believe that even though North Laurel has been a laughing stock for years, they had to think they would better than they are right now.

It is the same thing with UK football. Been historically terrible, either have a good season or get a good coach and expectations go up a little.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:So if someone had a crystal ball on the day Chris was hired, they could look ahead to 10/15/2011 and say that he has done well? I believe that even though North Laurel has been a laughing stock for years, they had to think they would better than they are right now.

It is the same thing with UK football. Been historically terrible, either have a good season or get a good coach and expectations go up a little.

well I see Chris on a regular basis since he still lives in rockcastle, from what he says they have to work with, they are doing pretty well. give him time and he will get NL going.
^So the head coach says he has a bad team. That is the way to get things turned around Wink j/k.

It always dumbfounds me how places like North and South Laurel and Madison Central cannot field a good team. Look at the numbers they have to draw from! At least one of them should have a contender. I do not know what kind of groundwork has to be laid at either place (cupcake schedules to build confidence and teach winning, starting and/or developing a good feeder program, getting athletes and/or students in general to play, etc....) I wish him the best because I do like Coach Chris and Coach Welch. I hope Laurel County football gets better. Two good men in place to make it happen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:Chris Larkey has underachieved at North Laurel. I know the expectations are low to begin with, but who expected this?

You are really confusing and I think you spout off about too may different teams on this site that you have no idea about. Ive read a bunch of messages on here abd it seems you always have an opinion about a team that you feel is so right on.

Example of you confusing me is that in a Knox Central thread you mention that there is not 10 better coaches than Wayne Mills, well I had to go back to KHSAA to make sure before I said anything but Mills was the coach at Knox when Larkey beat him and the Knox team in 2009.

Laurel county football all together this year has realy improved, sure the records may not indicate that so much but North lost 3 games, by 1 OT, 1 Hail Mary Pass and 1 last minute surge with no starters in.

I go to South and North games this year and both teams have lost some heartbreaking games and both could easily be 6-7 win teams at this point.

I was at the North game this week and I'll tell you that I didn't notice but about 3 guys that played against Madison Southern that played just a few weeks ago. I guess injuries because I saw at least 10 good looking kids walking the sideline in jersey and street clothes.

On South Laurel, everyone was calling for Welchs head and look this year, they could very well be the 2nd seed and could have won district.

Ive been around Laurel County my entire adult life and the reason WE in Laurel County arent very good is a mystery but we have never been good at all with the exception of a few spotty years here and there but never a consistent string of good seasons. Ive also been to just about all the surrounding schools in the area and the facilities in Laurel County is just horrendous. I mean South is playing with the same stuff Laurel County played with and North just now got a great weight room. Ive seen improvement in both schools since both coaches have got there and it doesnt always mean wins but since wins is what people look at then you should know it doesnt take a rocket scientist to look at Khsaa and find out that North Laurel has won11 games so far in 3 years and thepast three years before new coach it took North FIVE (5) years to get 11 wins. Please know what you are talking about before you slander a school and a county who is improving.
Congratulations, Madison Southern!
LWC Wrote:^So the head coach says he has a bad team. That is the way to get things turned around Wink j/k.

It always dumbfounds me how places like North and South Laurel and Madison Central cannot field a good team. Look at the numbers they have to draw from! At least one of them should have a contender. I do not know what kind of groundwork has to be laid at either place (cupcake schedules to build confidence and teach winning, starting and/or developing a good feeder program, getting athletes and/or students in general to play, etc....) I wish him the best because I do like Coach Chris and Coach Welch. I hope Laurel County football gets better. Two good men in place to make it happen.

HG_Bullfrogs Wrote:You are really confusing and I think you spout off about too may different teams on this site that you have no idea about. Ive read a bunch of messages on here and it seems you always have an opinion about a team that you feel is so right on.

Example of you confusing me is that in a Knox Central thread you mention that there is not 10 better coaches than Wayne Mills, well I had to go back to KHSAA to make sure before I said anything but Mills was the coach at Knox when Larkey beat him and the Knox team in 2009.

Laurel county football all together this year has realy improved, sure the records may not indicate that so much but North lost 3 games, by 1 OT, 1 Hail Mary Pass and 1 last minute surge with no starters in.

I go to South and North games this year and both teams have lost some heartbreaking games and both could easily be 6-7 win teams at this point.

I was at the North game this week and I'll tell you that I didn't notice but about 3 guys that played against Madison Southern that played just a few weeks ago. I guess injuries because I saw at least 10 good looking kids walking the sideline in jersey and street clothes.

On South Laurel, everyone was calling for Welchs head and look this year, they could very well be the 2nd seed and could have won district.

Ive been around Laurel County my entire adult life and the reason WE in Laurel County arent very good is a mystery but we have never been good at all with the exception of a few spotty years here and there but never a consistent string of good seasons. Ive also been to just about all the surrounding schools in the area and the facilities in Laurel County is just horrendous. I mean South is playing with the same stuff Laurel County played with and North just now got a great weight room. Ive seen improvement in both schools since both coaches have got there and it doesnt always mean wins but since wins is what people look at then you should know it doesnt take a rocket scientist to look at Khsaa and find out that North Laurel has won11 games so far in 3 years and thepast three years before new coach it took North FIVE (5) years to get 11 wins. Please know what you are talking about before you slander a school and a county who is improving.

Okay notice the statements in bold.

First, I believe Welch and Larkey will turn things around. I even said so in the post I quoted. I also never said they have not done good things, I think they have. My point was that I assumed people would be overreacting in Laurel County and calling for his head because of this atrocious season, much like some were doing when Larry went 0-10 with South Laurel last year.

Secondly, TOM LARKEY was the coach at Rock when they played Knox, not Chris. Chris, as far as I know, had never been a head coach until he went to North Laurel. If your point was that he was on the staff, it is irrelevant. I do not need to write a list of people that are great assistants that are not so much as head coaches. Again, for as terrible as both Laurel County schools have been, he is doing alright. Rebuildi........Starting a program from scratch takes time. I hope it is time that they give Larry and Chris.

Stand by your coaches, it seems like you are, keep it up. I just assumed that it was time to call for his head but if you feel as if satisfactory progress is being made, then wonderful!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:Okay notice the statements in bold.

First, I believe Welch and Larkey will turn things around. I even said so in the post I quoted. I also never said they have not done good things, I think they have. My point was that I assumed people would be overreacting in Laurel County and calling for his head because of this atrocious season, much like some were doing when Larry went 0-10 with South Laurel last year.

Secondly, TOM LARKEY was the coach at Rock when they played Knox, not Chris. Chris, as far as I know, had never been a head coach until he went to North Laurel. If your point was that he was on the staff, it is irrelevant. I do not need to write a list of people that are great assistants that are not so much as head coaches. Again, for as terrible as both Laurel County schools have been, he is doing alright. Rebuildi........Starting a program from scratch takes time. I hope it is time that they give Larry and Chris.

Stand by your coaches, it seems like you are, keep it up. I just assumed that it was time to call for his head but if you feel as if satisfactory progress is being made, then wonderful!
Thanks for the explanation but you are still confused. I was not talking about his father beating Mills. Chris Larkey was the head coach at North Laurel in 2009 beating Knox Central and Wayne Mills. As a matter of fact North Laurel was 2 missed extra points in double overtime from beating his father that same season.
Football in Laurel County, or even basketball for that matter has finally hit bottom IMO.
North Laurel is the BIGGEST school in class 5A football and youre telling me you cant get better kids out to play than this?
South is the same way, they are the 4th or 5th biggest in 5A and they stink as well.

I just cant figure out why sports in Laurel County are so bad.
LWC Wrote:Okay notice the statements in bold.

I just assumed that it was time to call for his head but if you feel as if satisfactory progress is being made, then wonderful!

What kind of moderator are you to start calling for a coaches head. As a matter of fact I checked on you and you ever even played football, you were in the band or something so dont pretend to know anything about football.

If you say you like both coaches then why are you starting stuff about them, you even start stuff and agg stuff on about Parkey.

maybe other moderators should be calling for your head for lack of knowledge.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Football in Laurel County, or even basketball for that matter has finally hit bottom IMO.
North Laurel is the BIGGEST school in class 5A football and youre telling me you cant get better kids out to play than this?
South is the same way, they are the 4th or 5th biggest in 5A and they stink as well.

I just cant figure out why sports in Laurel County are so bad.

Once again do not bring up size of schools, Highlands is a 4A school and can beat most every 6A team and everyone else. Size of school doesn't matter. Louisville Iroquois is a big 6A school and cant beat most 1A schools.
former Wrote:What kind of moderator are you to start calling for a coaches head. As a matter of fact I checked on you and you ever even played football, you were in the band or something so dont pretend to know anything about football.

If you say you like both coaches then why are you starting stuff about them, you even start stuff and agg stuff on about Parkey.

maybe other moderators should be calling for your head for lack of knowledge.

I am going to be the bigger man and walk away from this thread. You are calling for my head as a mod on this thread and slinging poop on another thread as well. If you want to talk take it to the other thread, because I am done with this one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's Madison Southern. They have an enrollment of one of the smaller 5a schools.

LWC Wrote:^So the head coach says he has a bad team. That is the way to get things turned around Wink j/k.

Congrats MS
former Wrote:Once again do not bring up size of schools, Highlands is a 4A school and can beat most every 6A team and everyone else. Size of school doesn't matter. Louisville Iroquois is a big 6A school and cant beat most 1A schools.

Dont tell me that garbage.
It all reflect back to the coaches and them not being enthusiastic about getting kids out.
For the last 3 years ive watched them play Whitley and North literally looked like a middle school team. They were the smallest team we played all of last year except for maybe Lynn Camp.
And dont tell me they cant get the players. In 03 and 04 they had some studs. Blair, Cessna, and all those others. They were a very good football team that year.

If you actually witnessed any of the games or teams that you know so much about than you wouldnt say anything. Id say the closest you get to watching a football game on fridays is playin ms. pacman on an atari.