Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most physical teams
Who are some of the most physical teams around the state? The other night I listen to an interview with Coach Larkey of Harlan Co. and he made the statement that now a days more and more teams are becomming less physical and more finess oriented. That many out of state teams don't want to come to Kentucky and play a really physical team. He was of the opinion that being physical was a must for any team with high aspirations. I agree with that but it got me thinking about who those really physical teams are. Who,win or lose,is going to bust you in the mouth and beat your eyes shut just for playing them?
Look in each class at rushing offense and rushing defense. If a team is high on both lists they are physically winning games.
In class A these teams are outrushing thier opponents by more than 100 yards per game.

Nicholas County 300
Fairview 262
Holy Cross (Lou) 195
Mayfield 116
Eminence 104
Fulton City 101
In 5A These teams are outrushing thier opponets by more than 100 yards per game.

Harlan County 324
John Hardin 260
North Laurel 221
East Jessamine 193
Jeffersontown 192
North Hardin 183
Bowling Green 158
Christian County 148
Warren Central 117
I would say that Bell Co. would be one in 3A. Oh,and by the way,I like those stats. Keep them coming.
In 4A these teams are outrushing thier opponents by more than 100 yards per game.
North Oldham 219
Rockcastle County 215
Franklin-Simpson 170
Mad. North Hopkins 140
In 3A these teams are outrushing thier opponents by more than 100 yards per.
Belfry 262
Bourbon County 263
Edmonson County 256
Bell County 211
Powell County 203
Breathitt County 165
Casey County 147
Russell 144
Morgan County 111
In 2A these teams are outrushing thier opponents by more than 100 yards per game.
Butler County 135
Newport Cent. Cath 124
Owensboro Catholic 110
In 6A only 1 team is outrushing thier opponents by more than 100 yards per game.

Scott County 163
Iam4thecats Wrote:In 6A only 1 team is outrushing thier opponents by more than 100 yards per game.

Scott County 163

Trinity is pretty physical. Just sayin.
Iam4thecats Wrote:In 6A only 1 team is outrushing thier opponents by more than 100 yards per game.

Scott County 163

Only 1 team,wow,interesting.
Keyplayer Wrote:Trinity is pretty physical. Just sayin.

Trinty is playing a national schedule, while they are outrushing thier opponents it is not by 100 yards per game. St.X is physical as well.
Hardest hitting team ive seen this year would half to say Ashland and they play physical up front could be one of the beat teams iv seen around here in the past 10 years. They r the real deal on both sides of the ball.
I think by week 10 alot of the teams who are still out rushing their opponent by at least 100 yards will be the teams that will go deep in the playoffs. You about have to have a team that can run the ball successful to go deep in the playoffs.(if they can pass the ball to that is a major plus also)Because mother nature becomes more of a factor,so reguardless if it's pourin rain storm or a snow blizzard or just plain cold it is alot easier to hand the ball off than it is to put it in air the closer to december you go.
Iam4thecats Wrote:In 4A these teams are outrushing thier opponents by more than 100 yards per game.
North Oldham 219
Rockcastle County 215
Franklin-Simpson 170
Mad. North Hopkins 140

no Jonhson Central,hum
Iam4thecats Wrote:Look in each class at rushing offense and rushing defense. If a team is high on both lists they are physically winning games.

They may be winning games , but are they winning championships?
cuppett777 Wrote:no Jonhson Central,hum

As has been discussed on here before Matney keeps his stats hidden till the season is over. This has lead to much speculation on his team and his leading rushers real numbers when the come out all at once??????????????????
PCC's schedule has a nice smattering of physical teams on it... Johnson Central, Pburg, Knox Central, Rockcastle County, Lawrence County, Whitley County, and Harlan County all play a very physical brand of football.
I believe Johnson Central plays Belfry near the end of the season that should be a great game and really give a look at what Jude can do against a really physical defense.I believe Belfry will hold him to 120 or so and win this game.
Iam4thecats Wrote:As has been discussed on here before Matney keeps his stats hidden till the season is over. This has lead to much speculation on his team and his leading rushers real numbers when the come out all at once??????????????????

he just pick n choose when he does that,because a yr or so ago,all that was on here was JC leads Nation in rushing...
The most physical teams I've seen in the past few years have been Harlan County and Bell.
I don't get out of the mountains much lol

Harlan County seems to be more physical than Bell IMO
but in that instance physical play doesn't make them the better team.
Most physical teams? What does that even mean? Most physical team is Trinity because everyone on there team would kick the teethe in of any other rag tag! Good grief!
Belfry.
Lynn Camp had a pretty big, physical team back in the day too.
Breathitt is physical and fast.Dangerous team when all is clicking.
Its about time, Morgans finally getting some respect, this team has came a long ways, excited to see what they can do the rest of the season...
Nicholas County is probably the most physical team in 1A.
king360 Wrote:Belfry.

Actually disagree in a way. Belfry still has a strong, mean line and guys on D who will pop you, but the Pirate running game over the past few seasons is not your grandfather's Wishbone "run it down your throat" offenses.

Belfry currently relies more on quickness, misdirection, and quick hitters that get the backs into the 2nd level where they can make a move in space. The current Belfry team is a far cry even from other Belfry teams earlier this decade. The 2007 Pirates had Dustin May and Ivan Lee (each 6'2 220+)in the backfield and were all about trucking would be tacklers. That team was like a Heavyweight boxer who would lean on you the entire fight and then pound away with body blow from their heavy hands. This Pirate team is more like a middleweight who beats you by dancing around and mixing in jabs and combos until you can't hold your hands up from fatigue.
I think Rockcastle would have to Rank up there
John hardin has one of the biggest most physical lines I've ever seen in Kentucky. Bell co is very tough and let's not forget boyle co. All those state titles in the past decade have been won by being physical. Trinity is probably as strong as anyone, but they can beat you anyway they want to