Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nick Compton (my brother) formally of South Floyd makes the Lexington Horsemen cut!!
Nick Compton former QB of South Floyd High School was impressive today at the Lexingtion Horsemen tryouts. Compton had been talking with the Horsemen coaches over the phone before tryouts and they suggested he tryout for TE.

It was a good decision for Nick to tryout for the TE position.
Compton was outstanding on his routes at the TE position overpowering the Defensive backs and beating the linebackers all day long. Compton literally made every catch threw to him today.He was a big target for the Qbs trying out. On one series they went to him for 7 consectutive completions. Two catches he made were really impressive were he went up over a former UK defensive back twice making two big gains deep in the secondary. All his routes were really clean and he was very effective using his body to shield Lbs and Dbs from the ball. The coaches put him up against bump and run coverage to see how we would react against the being jammed at the line of scrimmage. Nick was really effective running through the jams. Two times he literally knocked the DB 5 yards onto his back. Nick received praise all day from the Horsemen receiver coaches. Nick and another TE out from Ohio University were the only two TEs that made the cut today.

Nick measured in at 6'4 and 223lbs. He ran 4.7 in the 40 and 4.8 in the pro shuttle. His verticle jump was 30 inches and hi benched press 500 lbs.
Nick graduated from South Floyd in 1998. He could easily be one of the best QBs and pure athletes to ever play at South Floyd. Nick received several scholarship offers from Division 1 schools. He signed with Ole Miss to play QB and things didn't work out due some academic problems. But Nick never lost his desire to play football. Nick has continued working out ever since he graduated High School and at 25 years old it looks like Nick will get his second chance to do what he loves best.
Brother or not, Nick Im proud of you. Keep up the good work bub!:rock:
Congrats NICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QQ yell it out man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
congrats
I had the privilege to play with nick in high school and he was the best player ive seen 2 play in the mountains he was a big help in making me a better football player
Congrats Nick. I heard you was trying out but I wasn't sure
Congrats Nick!!
Congrats!!!
Congrats Nick.....
Congrats Nick!
Thats pretty cool and good luck to you Nick!

Are any of the games on TV? Never seen a Horsemen game, but I've always followed.

Question QQ?? Most shuttle times are faster than 40 times, is that a typo on the shuttle?
I thought Nick went to Morehead to play?
HappyGilmore Wrote:Thats pretty cool and good luck to you Nick!

Are any of the games on TV? Never seen a Horsemen game, but I've always followed.

Question QQ?? Most shuttle times are faster than 40 times, is that a typo on the shuttle?

No he slipped down on one knee during that drill costing him sometime.
torQQue Wrote:No he slipped down on one knee during that drill costing him sometime.

That'll do it every time.
congrtas nick
Congrats Nick!
Thats AWSOME congrats nick I havent watched a horseman game BUT i want to now
HECK i thinkthats where we all could meet at BGR meeting at a horseman game WOO HOO
Congrats Nick... and to you too QQ for ya know.. being the big brother and all lol..
Congrats Nick. Sorry to hear that your QQ's brother. LOL
Congrats !!!
That is pretty cool! Congrats Nick!!
Congrats Nick...Horsemen games are awesome...we need to have a BGR night at one of the games next year if he is in uniform.
PHSFAN Wrote:Congrats Nick...Horsemen games are awesome...we need to have a BGR night at one of the games next year if he is in uniform.

we has a small get together last year at a horsemen game. I would love to have a get together at one of the games
That would be awesome QQ...we need to do it. Horsemen games are a blast IMO.
I remember watching Nick play QB at South Floyd when I was little. He spoiled South Floyd fans who haven't had a qb like him since. I am really glad to hear he made the cut, congrats and I wish him all the best of luck.
Good Job Nick!
thats awsome congrats and best of luck nick :theman:
congrats
congrats
Wow! Simply amazing....Nick is a great athlete and I'm sure he'll do well. Last time I seen him, he was a beast....500 lbs!! :mad:
Thats awesome...... I had the privilige of playing 1 year with him in high School.....