Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin at Knott Central
this is a district game i think magoffin will pull this one off though....GO HORNETS!!! any thoughts???
Magoffin in a blowout

Magoffin - 50
Knott - 0
I really feel for the patriots, will they ever make it back to glory?

Knott loses big!
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:I really feel for the patriots, will they ever make it back to glory?

Knott loses big!

No.

Magoffin 49
Knott 6
Quote:No.

Magoffin 49
Knott 6

Lol.

idk what it is, is it the coaches? or just no quality talent coming through? i know their really young but dang... how long has it been
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:Lol.

idk what it is, is it the coaches? or just no quality talent coming through? i know their really young but dang... how long has it been

I won't go into detail there, they do have some good coaches over there (Steve Hollon is a great coach), but it takes more than coaches to win a ball game, and Knott just can't get their kids out. Everyone wants to be a basketball star.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I won't go into detail there, they do have some good coaches over there (Steve Hollon is a great coach), but it takes more than coaches to win a ball game, and Knott just can't get their kids out. Everyone wants to be a basketball star.

Exactly!! I don't much about Knott Central personally but I know enough that I can say that the boy's basketball team is the pride of Knott Central. Due to that, basically everyone on the team does not want to come out for the football team due to that. If even just a few of the basketball players would come out for the football team, I think that it would immensly improve this team. BUT, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Steve Hollan is a good man and a player coach but as far as being a good coach. I disagree. Going from Beder to Sercy the Knott Co football program is just asking to take steps back.

Hornets-66
Pats-14
Magoffin-55
Knott Co-6
magoffin co wins big!
Tailback44 Wrote:Steve Hollan is a good man and a player coach but as far as being a good coach. I disagree. Going from Beder to Sercy the Knott Co football program is just asking to take steps back.

Hornets-66
Pats-14

The taking steps backwards may deal with the head coach more than it does his assistants. I'll still vouch for Hollon being a good coach, one of the best offensive line coaches around IMO. Knott Counties administration doesn't even support their program and it shows. Bad situation for those kids who bust their tails every day.
I’ve known Steve for many years and he has coached at very successful programs like Madison, Breathitt, Perry, and Pike Central. And in my opinion he has been a positive coach. Steve didn’t have to go to Knott; he chose to go to Knott to help make a difference. I think the program was in shambles before he or Searcy got there and it will take years to get them up to a competitive level. Offensive and defensive philosophies in any sport don’t make a good a team or program, it is all about the players and their coaching years before they get to their high school programs. So in my opinion, before people start making judgment calls and calling people out they need to understand coaching.
Magoffin Co. 35-7.
Magoffin by a lot!