Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Head Coach (UK)
I knew it wouldnt be long before someone started this thread so I went ahead and started it myself.

When Joker is gone which wont be long. Who would you like to to see become the next football coach at UK.
Mark Richt if hes available.

Joker wont be gone this year or next IMO.
anyone besides the JOKE
This is not and never will be a destination job. To get a great coach, they have to take a chance on someone young. Like a QB coach from a major program or something.

Someone like Urban Meyer, Lou Holtz, etc... will NOT come.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I love Mark Richt. I would give anything to see him in blue but even if he is unemployed next year and uk offered him the job i dont think hed take it.
I don't like this. Joker may be sucking, hard, he's still out coach, and we need to at least be behind him a little bit.

But, I agree, he needs to go. It's just not the right mix.

No way Mark Richt would come to Kentucky, in my opinion of course. I think if we were able to somehow offer him a crazy amount of money we could get him or someone as good/experienced. Money influences these decisions heavily, alot more than people imagine. But alas, I don't see that happening.
Mike Leach high octane offense is always great to watch.
Aslan Wrote:This is silly, give Joker some time.

I did, i gave him a year and 3 games and the dumbass is still clueless as to what a football is.
I say we run him out as quickly as possible. Its obvious this years going to be horrible so id go ahead and fire him now and put an interim coach in that way by the end of the season we will have a new guy ready and he can go threw winter workouts and spring practice with the team.
Who is the only UK coach to beat Steve Spurrier?
CBW57 Wrote:Mike Leach high octane offense is always great to watch.

I would love to have Mike Leach
MVP2 Wrote:Mark Richt if hes available.

Joker wont be gone this year or next IMO.
Richt has been loaded with talent at UGA and can't get it done there he is not a smart coach. I am thinking Mike Leach.
As I said earlier, I dont see Joker going anywhere this or next year.

However, if Leach was offered the job, would be come back to UK?
Steve Spurrier BABY!!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Ugh. Nasty.

And you all really think we have the WR and QB power, and hell, the O-line power, for Mike Leach's offense? We can't even give Newton any time. He'll get better at going through his wide-outs, but they're just not good enough. In my opinion..
Skip Holtz!
MVP2 Wrote:Skip Holtz!

That would be a good hire if the university actually wanted the football team to win.
Decision making all the way around for this team is horrible.....from recruiting, to personnel decisions, to play calling. When your head coach starts bring in friends and in-laws to coach, you are starting down a slippery slope. I want to see Tee Martin move up in our coaching ranks before someone steals him away.
NothingTrivial Wrote:Decision making all the way around for this team is horrible.....from recruiting, to personnel decisions, to play calling. When your head coach starts bring in friends and in-laws to coach, you are starting down a slippery slope. I want to see Tee Martin move up in our coaching ranks before someone steals him away.

Who does Joker currently have on staff that is blood relation. The fact of the matter is he puts a solid game plan out there and it is up to his players to execute. In the louisville game alone I was flabbergasted at how many times Newton had an easy throw and chose to run into pressure rather then dump it down. The offensive line was supposed to be a strength for us but here we are 3 games in and we can't block anyone but once again Joker can't get out there and play for them. You can blame Joker if you want but he has put together some great recruiting classes and a great staff around him and if you give him a couple of years to get things the way he needs them you just might like what you see. I remember when Rich Brooks was still getting his players on the team and everyone wanted to run him out of town and then after a couple bowl wins he could have ran for governor and won. Only time will tell but if everyone runs him off now you run this recruiting class off that everyone is excited about and maybe even a couple fans. Let the man have time like every other coach gets and I think you will be happy you did.
SaveUK Wrote:Who does Joker currently have on staff that is blood relation. The fact of the matter is he puts a solid game plan out there and it is up to his players to execute. In the louisville game alone I was flabbergasted at how many times Newton had an easy throw and chose to run into pressure rather then dump it down. The offensive line was supposed to be a strength for us but here we are 3 games in and we can't block anyone but once again Joker can't get out there and play for them. You can blame Joker if you want but he has put together some great recruiting classes and a great staff around him and if you give him a couple of years to get things the way he needs them you just might like what you see. I remember when Rich Brooks was still getting his players on the team and everyone wanted to run him out of town and then after a couple bowl wins he could have ran for governor and won. Only time will tell but if everyone runs him off now you run this recruiting class off that everyone is excited about and maybe even a couple fans. Let the man have time like every other coach gets and I think you will be happy you did.

Sometimes a great recruiting class and a "great" staff around him doesn't mean much when the coach just doesn't have it...and I, and alot of other, un-biased people, truly think Joker doesn't have it. I wish he did, because I love the discipline he commands of his players, that keeps a teams head on no matter what.

He just doesn't have what it takes to be a head coach, in my opinion. He's not a leader...

I'll admit, this is only his second year, but people did not call for Rich Brooks' head like they are currently Joker's. We are 2-1, all three bad offensive games. Look at our problems against WKU, then compare them to the Central Michigan and Loserville games...there is not much difference. In the last 5 years, we have been great at improving from week to week, with a guaranteed choke somewhere in that schedule as well..the same problems over and over doesn't only point to the players, not even close. In my opinion.
No one is related to phillips, but take into context the hiring of Mike Summers as the OL coach, and now promoted to running game coordinator. Summers is the son-in-law of Joe B Hall. With the perfomance of this O-line, will his job ever be in jeopardy? I doubt it.
It would take a helluva lot for UK to fire Joker. He's a UK alum and if Joker had it his way he would coach UK football until he was 70 years old. That's why you don't see the administration at UK putting a lot of heat on Joker.

You can't find a good coach who would come to UK and have success and stay for 15-20 years. Just about every coach who would win 4 or 5 games in the SEC with UK would jump on the next big job offer.

I'm not a big fan of Joker, he hasn't been making many great decisions since taking over and his play-calling has always been very conservative. Rich Brooks was a GREAT coach at Kentucky and many fail to realize just how good he was. UK AD Mitch Barnhart wouldn't update many of the facilities for the football program so Rich finally had enough with it and stepped down. That's why UK can't recruit with the likes of other SEC teams, other than Vandy.

I believe many realized that it was only a matter of time before Louisville started taking this series back over with the hiring of a great coach who recruits Florida talent in Charlie Strong. Bad thing for Louisville is though when someone big gives him a call offering him a job he'll be on the first plane out of Louisville. I may be wrong, but I'd probably be willing to bet on that.
vundy33 Wrote:Sometimes a great recruiting class and a "great" staff around him doesn't mean much when the coach just doesn't have it...and I, and alot of other, un-biased people, truly think Joker doesn't have it. I wish he did, because I love the discipline he commands of his players, that keeps a teams head on no matter what.

He just doesn't have what it takes to be a head coach, in my opinion. He's not a leader...

I'll admit, this is only his second year, but people did not call for Rich Brooks' head like they are currently Joker's. We are 2-1, all three bad offensive games. Look at our problems against WKU, then compare them to the Central Michigan and Loserville games...there is not much difference. In the last 5 years, we have been great at improving from week to week, with a guaranteed choke somewhere in that schedule as well..the same problems over and over doesn't only point to the players, not even close. In my opinion.

I can agree with this.

Joker is pretty much in over his head. He has little to no emotion on the sideline and he isn't someone who likes to take risks.

UK has a talented football team, there is no doubt about that. You see glimpses of it every game. I mean we don't have many NFL players out there, but we do have a few. I mean our offensive line cannot be this bad, because we pretty much returned everyone on the line from last season and they where pretty good against some top 25 teams last season and now this season they look a step slower than every defensive line we've faced so far. I seen where we've been starting the freshman Darrian Miller at tackle and he couldn't block my 6-year old nephew. UL ends and LBs left him in the dust all night last night. Same pretty goes for senior Chandler Burden also. However, it's not their fault, it's the coaches. They're supposed to have these guys ready for every game they play and obviously they haven't been.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:It would take a helluva lot for UK to fire Joker. He's a UK alum and if Joker had it his way he would coach UK football until he was 70 years old. That's why you don't see the administration at UK putting a lot of heat on Joker.

You can't find a good coach who would come to UK and have success and stay for 15-20 years. Just about every coach who would win 4 or 5 games in the SEC with UK would jump on the next big job offer.

I'm not a big fan of Joker, he hasn't been making many great decisions since taking over and his play-calling has always been very conservative. Rich Brooks was a GREAT coach at Kentucky and many fail to realize just how good he was. UK AD Mitch Barnhart wouldn't update many of the facilities for the football program so Rich finally had enough with it and stepped down. That's why UK can't recruit with the likes of other SEC teams, other than Vandy.

I believe many realized that it was only a matter of time before Louisville started taking this series back over with the hiring of a great coach who recruits Florida talent in Charlie Strong. Bad thing for Louisville is though when someone big gives him a call offering him a job he'll be on the first plane out of Louisville. I may be wrong, but I'd probably be willing to bet on that.

I hope Louisville does well this season solely on that premise. I always thought this was just a stepping stone for him as well.
Joker isn't going anywhere...
but he needs to.

Coach Cal's paycheck ranks among the highest of any basketball coach EVER.
No one is going to want to come to a school that....

1.) Sucks
2.) Has an administration that does not want to pay you
3.) Has an administration that does not want to back your program

UK ran Billy G out of town and made sure that they paid a winning coach.
Why on earth wouldn't they not do that for the football team?
Because they don't care.
It's as simple as that.
Rich Fraud!!!!
Strong is gone as soon as the offer comes. We all know that. In joker we have someone who cares about the program. We can't expect much this year we lost all of our offense it will take time to rebuild that. Next year will be better.
OffTheHook Wrote:Steve Spurrier BABY!!!!!!

would never waych Uk football again,until he left
Mike leach! Hands down!
:notbad:
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Strong is gone as soon as the offer comes. We all know that. In joker we have someone who cares about the program. We can't expect much this year we lost all of our offense it will take time to r:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:ebuild that. Next year will be better.