Poll: Who ya got
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg
22.73%
Belfry
77.27%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Prestonsburg 9/9
This should be a good game. I wouldn't be surprised if the Burg won.
cat86 Wrote:You know...I thought the same thing from what I have seen of Belfry this year. Another ironic twist is that Prestonsburg's run defense seems stouter this year than in the past few years.

Both teams are stronger this year defensively against the other team's offensive strength. That adds another dynamic element to this game.

Gonna be a great one...

If true, it'd be an interesting twist: Prestonsburg's running game vs. Belfry's passing game.

But you know, it's hard to tell. Prestonsburg hasn't played anyone that runs as hard as Belfry, and I don't think Belfry has played anyone with P-burg's passing game.
the time for talk is over.but honestly i hope for a injury free game due to the conditions.i repect belfry as team.because of some of the advantages it makes me proud of our team when we do win.but make no mistake belfry is a mountain team and i will support them.may the best team win.
Hopefully Pburg can hang on and win this one... Long home win streak on the line tomorrow night, I believe its over Five seasons without a home loss..

(I know Pike Central beat them last year but that win has been vacated by the KHSAA)
THE Belfry area includes Williamson if you dont understand the way it is over there then shut up p burgh as well as pikeville pike central shelby valley cover more area to bus their kids to school than does the Belfry williamson area thats just the way it is belfry would be combined with williamson if it was not two states but they are not combined like alot of other schools that i just talked about get over it you give to much credit to wv boys and not where it s hould be with haywood and his staff they teach these kids wv or ky how to play the game some talent comes from wv but there are other kids that go to school there from other places like johns creek so let the kids play BELFRYS SUCCESS MAKES HATERS OUT OF YOU PUNKS shows how big of cry babies you are mingo central will not hurt belfry football wish them success but belfry will only be hurt when they loose haywood cassel takett and staff
p burg hero Wrote:the time for talk is over.but honestly i hope for a injury free game due to the conditions.i repect belfry as team.because of some of the advantages it makes me proud of our team when we do win.but make no mistake belfry is a mountain team and i will support them.may the best team win.

Quit whining , there are no advantages....are you going to tell me every kid to ever suit up for Pburg has been born and raies in Floyd Co??

Don't try to put a spin or negative light on this great rivalry, these two teams love to play each other, and at the end of the day they respect the hell out of each other, forget all this garbage about advantages and may the best team win!!!!
Can't wait to see how this one pans out. Here's to hoping for a clean, well played, injury free game, where the refs are wide awake and of sound mind Big Grin.

I'm sticking with Belfry 20-14 in a game decided by a late defensive stand by the Pirates.

Nothing but respect here.
Blackcats will have to have a close to perfect game to pull this one off.. Playing at home always give you an advantage..

Prestonsburg 22
Belfry 21

Go Blackcats!!!
Should be a good game tonight. Too bad Coach Haywood has a little more up his sleeve than he has in the past couple of years. This one stays close for a quarter maybe the first half then Belfry does what they always do. They use that line and the multitude of backs to wear the Blackcats down and pull away.

Go Big Red!

Belfry: 35
Prestonsburg: 14

:redboxer:TongueirateSho:redboxer:TongueirateSho:redboxer:TongueirateSho
pburg- 28
belfry- 21

HAIL BLACKCATS!
In 2009 the voting in the Pburg/Belfry prediction thread looked like this:

Belfry- 51 (78.46%)
Pburg- 14 (21.54%)

Prestonsburg went on to win this game, 28-21.

In 2010 the voting from these two teams looked like this:

Belfry- 44 (68.75%)
Pburg- 20 (31.25%)

Prestonsburg wins again, 21-6.

Unless something crazy happens, it looks like Belfry has nearly 80% of the vote this time around, when they've won two games over two teams that have a combined record of 1-5.

Should be a great game though nonetheless. I also hope for a injury free, well coached, and well called game.

I'll take Prestonsburg by 14.... Go Blackcats!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:In 2009 the voting in the Pburg/Belfry prediction thread looked like this:

Belfry- 51 (78.46%)
Pburg- 14 (21.54%)

Prestonsburg went on to win this game, 28-21.

In 2010 the voting from these two teams looked like this:

Belfry- 44 (68.75%)
Pburg- 20 (31.25%)

Prestonsburg wins again, 21-6.

Unless something crazy happens, it looks like Belfry has nearly 80% of the vote this time around, when they've won two games over two teams that have a combined record of 1-5.

Should be a great game though nonetheless. I also hope for a injury free, well coached, and well called game.

I'll take Prestonsburg by 14.... Go Blackcats!

That statement doesn't have as much bearing as it would seem, especially when you consider the quality of opponents for Henry Clay.. (John Hardin, Bowling Green, and Belfry)

I'll take the Pirates 27-14.

Go Pirates!
Belfry_99 Wrote:That statement doesn't have as much bearing as it would seem, especially when you consider the quality of opponents for Henry Clay.. (John Hardin, Bowling Green, and Belfry)

I'll take the Pirates 27-14.

Go Pirates!

While I agree, that still wasn't the same Henry Clay who everyone is used to seeing.
uk blue Wrote:THE Belfry area includes Williamson if you dont understand the way it is over there then shut up p burgh as well as pikeville pike central shelby valley cover more area to bus their kids to school than does the Belfry williamson area thats just the way it is belfry would be combined with williamson if it was not two states but they are not combined like alot of other schools that i just talked about get over it you give to much credit to wv boys and not where it s hould be with haywood and his staff they teach these kids wv or ky how to play the game some talent comes from wv but there are other kids that go to school there from other places like johns creek so let the kids play BELFRYS SUCCESS MAKES HATERS OUT OF YOU PUNKS shows how big of cry babies you are mingo central will not hurt belfry football wish them success but belfry will only be hurt when they loose haywood cassel takett and staff
we have won the last 2 years just saying.
p burg hero Wrote:we have won the last 2 years just saying.
Which has nothing to do with his post. For what it's worth, Belfry won the last 8 meeting before that. So Prestonsburg is 2-8 against Belfry the last 10 meetings. So what.

None of that has anything to do with this year's game.
uk blue Wrote:THE Belfry area includes Williamson if you dont understand the way it is over there then shut up p burgh as well as pikeville pike central shelby valley cover more area to bus their kids to school than does the Belfry williamson area thats just the way it is belfry would be combined with williamson if it was not two states but they are not combined like alot of other schools that i just talked about get over it you give to much credit to wv boys and not where it s hould be with haywood and his staff they teach these kids wv or ky how to play the game some talent comes from wv but there are other kids that go to school there from other places like johns creek so let the kids play BELFRYS SUCCESS MAKES HATERS OUT OF YOU PUNKS shows how big of cry babies you are mingo central will not hurt belfry football wish them success but belfry will only be hurt when they loose haywood cassel takett and staff

wow... got periods ?