Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central Sports Hall of Fame ????
Could somebody please explain who selects the Athletes that are inducted to the JCHS Sports Hall of fame. Most programs induct people that were part of a Championship team or All-State Selections. Jimmy Danials, Jody Salisbury, Avery fairchild and Rick Conly combined for ZERO Regional Championships and none were ALL-state. Mitch Johnson played both Football, Basketball and baseball at JCHS if my memory serves me right he Quaterbacked one winning team (6-5) in 4 years and never played for even one district champoinship team in Baseball or Basketball. A guy Like Billy Mullins who won 2 regional Championships and 2 Sectional Championships and Placed 3rd in the State in track & Field(First team ALL-STATE) never gets a second thought he was also ALL-AREA his JR and SR in football. Take Stacy Johnson, Mitch's brother he was a key member of JCHS first Football Playoff team and set the Apple Bowl Record for rushing yards, he was 3-1 in Apple Bowls and every team he played on had a winning record but his brother Mitch who didn't win anything is the Hall of famer???????????? Daivd King was All-state at JCHS in Track & Field and a 4yr member of football who served his country in the MIDDLE EAST who deserves he be honored. Jody S, Avery F and Rick Conley were part of one the biggest (tallest) teams in 15th Region basketball histroy, they lost in the first round of the 57th district to Paintville who had one starter over 6 feet tall. Another Guy (who I promised I would not mention his name) won a total of 7 regional championships in track and feild place , 5 sectional Champoinships 2nd in the state in the High Jump was first team ALL-state selection and a 4 yr starter on football team (ALL-AREA as SR) but you never hear his name mentioned. He still holds school record in High Jump and 110 hurdles. Its not hard to figure Mitch Johnson His Aunt is a school broad member but the rest of those guys I have no clue. HALL OF LOSERS and NEVER DID ANYTHING is what they should call it!!!!!!!!
You are an idiot.
I think potlimit is right. Letting someone in a sports hall-of-fame that was not All-state over someone that was is crazy! All sports should be treated equal. If you put people in that were not members of Championship team or not All-state then you should put everybody in. Picking average Basketball or Baseball player over a wrestler or Track Athlete that was All-state is cheap. Wrestlers and track Athletes work just as hard as a Basketball football or Baseball players! I think potlimit is wrong about Johnson. I think he was All-State in Baseball. I think it was in poor taste mention names but he is 100% right. Mr. Mullins was a great Athlete and I remember his 3rd place finish in the State meet in the Discus throw.
When people stand up for what is right they are often called a idiot. All I am trying to do is make sense of how the JCHS sports Hall-of-fame selects its members. Take Avery Fairchild, he was a good basketball player and a great guy, he was never a member of any 15th region Championship teams his brother Rodger Fairchild on the other hand was a Key member to the 1984 15th region Championship team and ever was a All-Tournment selection, they both had similar college careers at Alice Loyd College but Avery is in the JCHS Hall-of-fame and Rodger is not???????Rodger is a great guy too. Mr Darren Gamble is a wonderful guy he placed 3rd in the State in wrestling , Billy Mullins who was a member of the same Class at JCHS is also a great guy who placed 3rd in the State in Track & Field. Darren's picture was in the trophy case at JCHS which is great he deserves it but Billy Mullins picture is not there. Billy has worked as a youth football coach too and is a unpaid Assistant Coach at Magoffin Co. So Mr. JCHS Alumni Eagle please explain.
potlimit2002,

I cant speak for every sport but I do know the criteria to getting your picture on the wall for wrestling. Anyone who has placed third or better in state. There was a former wrestler who placed second in state in wrestling and from my best knowledge his picture is not on the wall to this day (Its been a few years since I stepped in the halls)...I got to questioning about it one day and i was told just for the simple fact the individual never brought in a picture to hang. I dont know the criteria for track and field but this could be the case as well.
Jody Salisbury is in the JCHS hall-of-fame? LOL hahahahahah, I bet his daddy Bud was at the ceramony yelling at the crowd like he did when Jody played. Those two were perfect examples of sportsmenship. Oh Bud got mad because Jody was not gettin to shoot it enough and decide to take him to Paintville lol Bill Mike wouldn't take him hehe.
It just bothers me that people have nothing better to do then get on here and bust our own people in the gut. You don't have to be a part of a 15th Region Championship team to be one of the best players to come through the building at your respective sport. It just seems like many of us only remember those who were a part of those teams and rightfully so. Either way, all of those people who you have mentioned will eventually be a part of this club, but there are only so many that can be chosen every year or eventually there will be no one left to choose. I also don't understand how anything can be said about those chosen above, in my opinion and in the opinion of many others I'm sure they are more then deserving of the honor. As far as standing up for what is right, making rude remarks and calling people losers on a public forum, sorry nothing right about that. It is reasons like this that we give so many other schools a reason to bash us on here. We talk about how good we are and then we turn around in the next breath and attack our own. If you want answers why not talk to some administration at the school and find out how and why those people were chosen. I don't know the criteria but I would love to know.
Why is this in the football forum?
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:It just bothers me that people have nothing better to do then get on here and bust our own people in the gut. You don't have to be a part of a 15th Region Championship team to be one of the best players to come through the building at your respective sport. It just seems like many of us only remember those who were a part of those teams and rightfully so. Either way, all of those people who you have mentioned will eventually be a part of this club, but there are only so many that can be chosen every year or eventually there will be no one left to choose. I also don't understand how anything can be said about those chosen above, in my opinion and in the opinion of many others I'm sure they are more then deserving of the honor. As far as standing up for what is right, making rude remarks and calling people losers on a public forum, sorry nothing right about that. It is reasons like this that we give so many other schools a reason to bash us on here. We talk about how good we are and then we turn around in the next breath and attack our own. If you want answers why not talk to some administration at the school and find out how and why those people were chosen. I don't know the criteria but I would love to know.
I think potlimit is right but you sir make a great point too, it is very rude to call people losers on a public forum.