3. Belfry
4. Perry Central
5. Hazard
6. Somerset
7. Breathitt County
8. Johnson Central
9. Rockcastle County
10. Prestonsburg
I think Hazard and Somerset will swap after this week.

Is this the highest Perry has ever been on the Mountain top 10?

I also think Pburg and Johnson should be swapped.

Off topic, but I cant wait for the Perry/Harlan and Perry/Rock games.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:I think Hazard and Somerset will swap after this week.

Is this the highest Perry has ever been on the Mountain top 10?

I also think Pburg and Johnson should be swapped.

Off topic, but I cant wait for the Perry/Harlan and Perry/Rock games.

I'm all about Perry Central but I can't see us beating Harlan Co at there place.
Had a real shot 2 years ago. Had it ready to put away. Im not sure they can hang this year again. I think it will be more respectable then last year, but still they will come up short.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Had a real shot 2 years ago. Had it ready to put away. Im not sure they can hang this year again. I think it will be more respectable then last year, but still they will come up short.

I was sick to my stomach..damn "wet Field"
Wet field and Robinson getting hurt. They ran the same play the entire drive, including the 2 point conversion.
All they have to do is protect the ball though. No fumbles, and they win. I cant remember if they were one first down away or if they just needed to run the clock. I assume they still needed a first down to run out the clock though or they would of just took a knee. Although that was still the Bert Brown era and god knows he had a problem finishing.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Wet field and Robinson getting hurt. They ran the same play the entire drive, including the 2 point conversion.
All they have to do is protect the ball though. No fumbles, and they win. I cant remember if they were one first down away or if they just needed to run the clock. I assume they still needed a first down to run out the clock though or they would of just took a knee. Although that was still the Bert Brown era and god knows he had a problem finishing.

Gotta love Coach Browne though.
I do think since Matt Robinson is in the backfield some now it will increase our chances.
Yeah as long as he is conditioned to work both ways and not wear out towards the end of games im all for it.
king360 Wrote:1. Harlan County
2. Bell County
3. Belfry
4. Perry Central
5. Hazard
6. Somerset
7. Breathitt County
8. Johnson Central
9. Rockcastle County
10. Prestonsburg
Is this the actual WYMT mountain top 10? When did Harlan move above Bell?

Not sure how you could logically come to that conclusion. it was discussed in another thread how Bell hadn't lost to a mountain team since 2006.

It is possible that Harlan is better than Bell I just don't know how you can draw that conclusion so far this season. Harlan hasn't played anyone this year and Bell has played two very tough teams in Lex Cath and Lafayette (winning one and had the opportunity to win the other on two late drives). IMO you could make a better case for Perry than Harlan. At least they have three very quality wins (though I believe Bell is better than both and Harlan is better than Perry). The great news is that Harlan plays Bell and Perry so we will find out for sure then.

Until Bell loses or Harlan beats Bell, Harlan should be number 2.
Its a good list. HC has not lost and Bell has... Certainly SOS is in Bell's court but for this point in the year I would give HC the edge over Bell. Though when it comes game time if Davenport is healthy Bell will win that game in all likliehood - at which time Bell will reclaim the top spot.

With us (Knox) losing to an excellent PCC and having two trips to TN in the next two weeks we likely will not see this list again for a month. Rightly so.
king360 Wrote:I'm all about Perry Central but I can't see us beating Harlan Co at there place.
I went to Morristown and watched HC play. They stick mostly to power offense which will pose a problem for PCC d-line. But I saw nothing in their defense that leads me to believe they can rush your excellent QB or stop the pass. They will score on you but it will take them time to drive it. You will pass all over the field on them and win the shoot out. Whereas, when we play them it will be a grind it out game with a low score.

That will have signifigant impact on this list when it occurs.
Football1 Wrote:I went to Morristown and watched HC play. They stick mostly to power offense which will pose a problem for PCC d-line. But I saw nothing in their defense that leads me to believe they can rush your excellent QB or stop the pass. They will score on you but it will take them time to drive it. You will pass all over the field on them and win the shoot out. Whereas, when we play them it will be a grind it out game with a low score.

That will have signifigant impact on this list when it occurs.

That is all that everyone said last year. HC can't keep up with PC's athletes. HC can't stop them. HC will give up 40. We'll see.
Football1 Wrote:Its a good list. HC has not lost and Bell has... Certainly SOS is in Bell's court but for this point in the year I would give HC the edge over Bell. Though when it comes game time if Davenport is healthy Bell will win that game in all likliehood - at which time Bell will reclaim the top spot.

With us (Knox) losing to an excellent PCC and having two trips to TN in the next two weeks we likely will not see this list again for a month. Rightly so.
Using the logic that Bell has lost a game and Harlan hasn't for explaining the ranking would lead me to think that Perry should be ranked number 1 then. They haven't lost game while beating the current #8 and #10 team on this list, not to mention Knox who was on this list until losing to Perry. That is a much stronger resume than what Harlan has to this point in the season.
Harlan County played a 5A team from TN whom they did not choose by the way. It was a bowl. Then the next week a 6A team, whom they also did not chose (ihigh bowl). The past week they played the defending 2A state champs in Va. Who are they supposed to play?
Unregistered Wrote:Harlan County played a 5A team from TN whom they did not choose by the way. It was a bowl. Then the next week a 6A team, whom they also did not chose (ihigh bowl). The past week they played the defending 2A state champs in Va. Who are they supposed to play?
:please:
The only games Harlan doesn't choose to play are district and playoff games. Harlan didn't have to accept the bid to play in the ihigh bowl (where they played a 6A team that was 1-10 last year). Morris town east may be 5a but they were 5-6 last year. The Virginia team was good last year but are 0-2 this year.

I'm not attacking Harlan County I think they are very good and will get the chance to prove it when they play Bell and Perry. I just don't think there is enough evidence yet to say they are better than Bell.

Had Harlan played and beat Lex Cath or some mountain powers (Belfry, Johnson Central, Knox Central, etc) there would be a legitimate case for them being #1 with Bell having a loss.
Looks good to me.
Bell Co is still #1 without a doubt. Last year or the year before we went through this same thing. Let Harlan Co play Lex Cath and Lafayette back to back weeks with Cath #3 in 4A and Laf #8 in 6A at the time we played them.

The game will be at Log Mtn and Bell Co will prevail once again.
Unregistered Wrote:Harlan County played a 5A team from TN whom they did not choose by the way. It was a bowl. Then the next week a 6A team, whom they also did not chose (ihigh bowl). The past week they played the defending 2A state champs in Va. Who are they supposed to play?

Class doesnt mean nothing. Were those BIG SCHOOLS ranked in the state or not? Middlesboro beat Dunbar a fews years back when Boro was mediocre.
i agree with the top ten!
I sincerely believe that Rockcastle will move up as the season progresses.
colonel4life Wrote:Is this the actual WYMT mountain top 10? When did Harlan move above Bell?

Not sure how you could logically come to that conclusion. it was discussed in another thread how Bell hadn't lost to a mountain team since 2006.

It is possible that Harlan is better than Bell I just don't know how you can draw that conclusion so far this season. Harlan hasn't played anyone this year and Bell has played two very tough teams in Lex Cath and Lafayette (winning one and had the opportunity to win the other on two late drives). IMO you could make a better case for Perry than Harlan. At least they have three very quality wins (though I believe Bell is better than both and Harlan is better than Perry). The great news is that Harlan plays Bell and Perry so we will find out for sure then.

Until Bell loses or Harlan beats Bell, Harlan should be number 2.
Agree with all of that, particularly the bolded.
Unregistered Wrote:That is all that everyone said last year. HC can't keep up with PC's athletes. HC can't stop them. HC will give up 40. We'll see.

Very true.
I understand everyone thinks Bell should be #1....
However, if you start at the top and lose your home-opener there is no one in the world that won't drop you down AT THE VERY LEAST one spot.

Especially after you replace a coach in the offseason who no one has won any more games than.
perry central is overrated they caught jhonson central on an of night and should have been beat by prestonsburg if you where thier you know it!
p burg hero Wrote:perry central is overrated they caught jhonson central on an of night and should have been beat by prestonsburg if you where thier you know it!

^Lol.
p burg hero Wrote:perry central is overrated they caught jhonson central on an of night and should have been beat by prestonsburg if you where thier you know it!

Double lol. :trolldad:

Before this gets out of control and sends the thread into another 25 page mess imma say this...... Dont feed the troll!!!
I really like the rankings this year except for having Hazard that high. I think Hazard should be in the top ten maybe at a 7th or a 8th. I think they have the best team at the top right now, but it is still early and a lot football to be played.

Obviously you weren't the "p burg hero" when they played PCC Wink