Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co 63, Middlesboro 20
this bowl comm. needs to figure something out midds. stadium is wayyyyy to small to be hosting this event.no place for fans to sit or no parking .they rope off the roads whats with that?
JacketsFootballFan99 Wrote:I am proud of Jackets! Why did Bell go for two when they scored their last touchdown?

Sound like they tried to run up the score.

Overall, the jackets fought hard...thank you Middlesboro.

The Bell Coaches yelled to the mboro coaches and told them they were running it b/c they don't have a JV/freshman Extra point team and the varsity had removed there shoulder pad late in the 3rd. Don't try to make a problem where there is not one!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not trying to create a problem...all I said is it appeared to be that situation.

Thanks for the answer, I deserve to know the facts.

P.S. I like Wayne Mills, so don't accuse me of causeing problems.
I mispelled causing....sorry bout that!
belldad2011 Wrote:j v was in on that last touchdown dont have a jv kicker so u go for two

Don't have JV kicking PAT team.
Congrats to bell
davenport had 198 yards on 9 carries 4 tds and 2 ints on def.

roark 11-22 136 yards and a td

this is the daily news article
johnnyt Wrote:davenport had 198 yards on 9 carries 4 tds and 2 ints on def.

roark 11-22 136 yards and a td

this is the daily news article

Remember when the MHS posters said Bell couldn't defend the pass.
Thanks for all information on this post!

Good luck to both teams next week.
Dragonsdad Wrote:Remember when the MHS posters said Bell couldn't defend the pass.

I remember! Alot of "I hope Bell does play single coverage on Riddle" "no way Bell County plays single coverage on all Middlesboro receivers" :Thumbs:
or what about roark wont need a lot of time in the pocket to complete passes.
johnnyt Wrote:or what about roark wont need a lot of time in the pocket to complete passes.

I don't remember Roark completing one pass from the pocket.
i love the signed we had up... the sign said, The Time Has Come For the Chicken to cross the road!!
Well I think that we all knew that this would happen!!

Congrats Bobcats!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:i love the signed we had up... the sign said, The Time Has Come For the Chicken to cross the road!!

Notice the one sign that read "Practice 7 more years & then play us"? Confusednicker:
Im assuming this was a dormant rivalry.
Unregistered Wrote:First of all bell had the starters in bout the whole game, classless. This game was fairly competitive most of the 1st half. Mboro made too many mistakes and committed dumb penalties in crucial times. No excuses bells the better team and program right now. Davenport is very impressive. Mboro played em bout as hard as they could in the 1st half just couldn't overcome the setbacks and more or less either quit at halftime or ran out of gas. Bell had way too much speed, which to me was the major difference. Congrats to bell as bad as I hate to say it. I came thru high school in the mid 90's so I have no love for bell but I do respect the program

U talk about us having our starters in about the whole game, what about when our freshman were on the field Tanner Mike was out there playing!! Is he not a starter??? Was any of our starters on the field at that time...NO!
butt whiping
Dragonsdad Wrote:Was Middlesboro's Dalton Hughett ejected from the game after the unsportsmanship call? If so how was he able to come into the game later in the half?

He had 3 (THREE) called on him, I thought after 2 you were ejected from the game and had to sit out 2 more games! Am I wrong about this???
I look for Chase Roark to pic Harlan apart next week.

Harlan is pretty good though...but let's be honest...Bell only ran a few plays against them, had Bell wanted to they would have ripped them aprt also!

Can't wait for the Harlan/Middlesboro game!
mommacat Wrote:He had 3 (THREE) called on him, I thought after 2 you were ejected from the game and had to sit out 2 more games! Am I wrong about this???

I've never seen a high school kid act the way he did. I don't mean to attack a high school kid, but that was classless. Then his hissy fit he threw on the sidelines? Mboro coaches should have took him out and left him out. If the KHSAA doesn't suspend the kid next week, the coaches should. Should have been thrown out after the helmet to helmet on Oslonian 5 seconds after the whistle, while Oslonian was still laying on the ground.
Roark is good, very good.

Where is the Intimidator? Does he want to show some more of his football knowledge?
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Roark is good, very good.

Where is the Intimidator? Does he want to show some more of his football knowledge?

you better just queue the crickets when it comes to the jacket fans coming on to this thread to talk about the game, but dont worry, we are only 51 weeks away from them telling us that they will give us a good game.
I would of been here sooner but I just got out of jail :biggrin: j/k

What can I say we lost Bell won , This lose won't define us as we move forward with the season. This game was financially good for both schools and the atmosphere was eletric , it's been a long time since we've filled up our place like that.

About the game In the 1st half we turned the football over way to much the worst being on that option play (wtf) the onside kick was just a great play by Bell County , Stupid penalties the worst being on 3rd and long after we had stopped the Bell County QB ,That late hit gave them a automatic first down and they scored a few plays later making it 35-14 instead of 29-14 and our ball with the momentum and about what 4+ minutes to go before halftime??? After that and the rest of the second half it was all down hill.

You can't turn the football over and have stupid penalties against a good team like Bell County and expect it to be a competitive game.

I like our team and look forward to the rest of the season , it's gonna be a lot of fun.

Jacket forever!!!
JacketsFootballFan99 Wrote:I look for Chase Roark to pic Harlan apart next week.

Harlan is pretty good though...but let's be honest...Bell only ran a few plays against them, had Bell wanted to they would have ripped them aprt also!

Bell could have ripped us apart. But I will be honest,we only ran a handful of plays ourselves. That scrimmage was way to early in the season to tell much about either team. We apreciate Bell giving us a chance to work on our game against a stronger team as they are. We are much better for it. Although Roark and Ridddle are a dangerous combo,we have some dangerous combo's of our own. Also,we are not much if any smaller than you guys. On a good night we can put up 400+ yards in the air alone not counting our running game. Last week Saragas had nearly 250 yd's passing in the 2nd quarter alone against a fairly good williamsburg team. I think these two teams are closer than some give credit for. All I'm predicting is a close game,but we can win or we can lose. I think it is up to us which happens.
JacketsFootballFan99 Wrote:I look for Chase Roark to pic Harlan apart next week.

Dragonsdad Wrote:Bell could have ripped us apart. But I will be honest,we only ran a handful of plays ourselves. That scrimmage was way to early in the season to tell much about either team. We apreciate Bell giving us a chance to work on our game against a stronger team as they are. We are much better for it. Although Roark and Ridddle are a dangerous combo,we have some dangerous combo's of our own. Also,we are not much if any smaller than you guys. On a good night we can put up 400+ yards in the air alone not counting our running game. Last week Saragas had nearly 250 yd's passing in the 2nd quarter alone against a fairly good williamsburg team. I think these two teams are closer than some give credit for. All I'm predicting is a close game,but we can win or we can lose. I think it is up to us which happens.

Agree with Dragonsdad. said it several times, neither team showed much of anything in the scrimmage, nothing should be taken from it. It was used as a measuring stick for both teams, to find out what they needed to work on, get the kids on the field to see how they look against someone other than themselves, give them an opportunity to see themselves on film and tweak some things. That being said, I'm picking Harlan. Saragas is probably the most under rated QB in the mountains.
mommacat Wrote:U talk about us having our starters in about the whole game, what about when our freshman were on the field Tanner Mike was out there playing!! Is he not a starter??? Was any of our starters on the field at that time...NO!

There at the end Tanner Mike was in playing QB because our Freshman backup QB, Major Edwards, sprained his ankle in the first quarter and was unable to play the rest of the game.