Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd vs. Morgan
any thoughts?
Boyd beat Shelby Valley 27-8 and Morgan beat Paris(40-0) and Madison Southern(32-18) in scrimmages. ( game type not 10 and 10)
Should be a great game.
Morgan's scrimmage scores are a little deceptive. Morgan lead Paris 40-0 at the half, Paris coaching staff called the game. Against Madison Southern, Morgan lead 32-18 and was on the 5 yardline 1st and 10 fixing to score again when the game was called for lightning. Both scrimmages could have been much worse. I'm very impressed with Boyd co.'s qb, he's a heck of a player. Boyd has alot of size and a good tailback as well in #4, he runs hard.
Morgan County 28-6.
I'm taking Morgan Co too.
Boyd 28 Morgan 16 Hope for a good game and no injuries .
cougars will big
I'm pretty sure that Boyd thinks there first three games are suppose to be pretty much a slam-dunk? They have talked about playing a weaker schedule to motivate the masses?! But I think there's a real good chance they could lose to Morgan an East Carter making them possibly 1-3 in stead of 3-0. Really thought if they were even mediocre 4A team they should've beaten Shelby Valley by 50! They just beat east 3-0 last year an east was 1 win team as well. Imo
Was at the game Friday scouting. The game was closer then the score, Southern gave up a Pick 6 and a blocked punt for a TD. Take away those 2 plays and its 20-18. From what I saw Morgan Co was beginning to wear down when the game was called. MS ran all over Morgan Co (I counted over 200 yards of rushing in 1 half). Neither defense played very well to be truthful. So if MC is going to take it to the next level they better step up the defense. That being said GL to to them.
BADCAT74 Wrote:I'm pretty sure that Boyd thinks there first three games are suppose to be pretty much a slam-dunk? They have talked about playing a weaker schedule to motivate the masses?! But I think there's a real good chance they could lose to Morgan an East Carter making them possibly 1-3 in stead of 3-0. Really thought if they were even mediocre 4A team they should've beaten Shelby Valley by 50! They just beat east 3-0 last year an east was 1 win team as well. Imo
Math?
BADCAT74 Wrote:I'm pretty sure that Boyd thinks there first three games are suppose to be pretty much a slam-dunk? They have talked about playing a weaker schedule to motivate the masses?! But I think there's a real good chance they could lose to Morgan an East Carter making them possibly 1-3 in stead of 3-0. Really thought if they were even mediocre 4A team they should've beaten Shelby Valley by 50! They just beat east 3-0 last year an east was 1 win team as well. Imo
Must have missed math class !!!!!:notworthy
wildthang3 Wrote:Was at the game Friday scouting. The game was closer then the score, Southern gave up a Pick 6 and a blocked punt for a TD. Take away those 2 plays and its 20-18. From what I saw Morgan Co was beginning to wear down when the game was called. MS ran all over Morgan Co (I counted over 200 yards of rushing in 1 half). Neither defense played very well to be truthful. So if MC is going to take it to the next level they better step up the defense. That being said GL to to them.

Well as you stated above Morgan picked one off for a td and Morgan blocked a punt for a td, not to mention the 3 two point conversions that Morgan stopped Southern from getting. Well those are all defensive plays. You obviously don't know about taking away from yardage on yards lost when you figure the total. So don't forget about the 30 yard loss on the sack on Southern's qb running staright backwards. Morgan gave up a couple big plays, Southern has a back that can flat-out run. I give credit where credit is due and that young man can flat-out play. But for you to say Southern was wearing Morgan down when Morgan lead 32-18 plus they just drove 80 yards and was 1st and 10 in the red zone, that makes you look very ignorant. Madison Southern is a one man show, a super fast running back who is a legit game breaker. Madison Southern's passing game is horrible and they have "0" defense. By the way Morgan rushed for 422 yards on Madison Southern.Confusedhh:
Boyd County by two touchdowns.
ozzy72666 Wrote:Must have missed math class !!!!!:notworthy

You guys are hilarious:popcorn:
I think it's more of a big finger little keyboard (iPhone) problem than a math problem... Last time I checked the 2 was right beside the 3!
I guess i can cut you some slack !!!!!
Morgan-28
Boyd-21
ozzy72666 Wrote:I guess i can cut you some slack !!!!!
:Clap:
In all honesty if SV dont fumble a couple times in the red zone it would have been close. Morgan blows this one open. 48-20 Morgan.
Morgan Co
I think it will be a good game but, I think that Boyd will win!

Boyd Co. - 21

Morgan Co. - 10
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
going with Coach Turner and the Cougars.

looking for to the Morgan/Estill game next week
leecoukfan Wrote:I think it will be a good game but, I think that Boyd will win!

Boyd Co. - 21

Morgan Co. - 10

It was 32-0 Morgan. Mabey you should stick with posting on roundball:yikes:Lee county don't even have football.:yikes:
wildthang3 Wrote:Was at the game Friday scouting. The game was closer then the score, Southern gave up a Pick 6 and a blocked punt for a TD. Take away those 2 plays and its 20-18. From what I saw Morgan Co was beginning to wear down when the game was called. MS ran all over Morgan Co (I counted over 200 yards of rushing in 1 half). Neither defense played very well to be truthful. So if MC is going to take it to the next level they better step up the defense. That being said GL to to them.

Well Morgan countyConfusednicker: did step up the defense tonight and gave up 0. Madison Southern's defense did however give up 60.

oooops, let little Morgan county beat them 32-0:hilarious: I have to coment on this because the Boyd county head coach in the local Ashland paper went nostrodameus and boldly predicted a Boyd co 21 Morgan co 14 score. NEVER-EVER DO THAT! It looks really bad when it don't work out coach.