•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 35 - Prestonsburg 34
hellbilly Wrote:OK, and as I stated, I guess it's a difference of opinion. If your team hadn't made that minor mistake late in the game, we wouldn't have had those chances to score the winning touchdown. No matter if they had played a perfect game, no penalties up to that point, it was legit and still cost them the game, IMO, and if you want to look at it that way. I'm not taking anything away from our players, they rose to the challenge and won a close game. Nor am I taking anything away from your players, they played a hell of a game as well. Lots of talent on both sides IMO. In spite of all the officiating woes and other things that probably didnt turn out as intended, it was an exciting game to watch no matter which side you were rooting for.

Absolutely! Agree with that completely.

One other question: Does this officiating crew normally work alot of PCC games? The reason I ask is because someone told me they were from Leslie Co. and since Leslie Co is now a district game for us, I'm afraid we may see them again.
Honestly, I don"t know much about the officiating assignments and how that works.
cat86 Wrote:Absolutely! Agree with that completely.

One other question: Does this officiating crew normally work alot of PCC games? The reason I ask is because someone told me they were from Leslie Co. and since Leslie Co is now a district game for us, I'm afraid we may see them again.

In high school football officials work in crews that get moved around.
I know Sabo is from Perry and Spuds is from Knott County but I don't know about the other guys.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:.........and if the refs hadn't of called a timeout for Perry with 9 seconds left, Prestonsburg would've won.

zaga_fan Wrote:see bolded

EXACTLY!!! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Looks like this was an incredible game
You all state that the refs didn't cost P-burg the game. Guess what? They did. Not by all of the missed calls both ways, but with 9 seconds to go, PCC was tackled in-bounds. Instead of the clock running out, the refs said Prestonsburg called a timeout. Bullshit. Why would Prestonsburg call a timeout when they are up by 5 points with 9 seconds to go in the game? The reason they said P-burg called a timeout was because PCC was out of timeouts. If the timeout wasn't called, the clock runs out and the game is over. End of story.
king360 Wrote:^lol at this guy

Exactly what i was thinking.
That might be the best post ive ever seen.
Thats all they are to it!!!! hahaha
BlackcatAlum Wrote:One last complaint on the refs... 9 secs left Pburg up by 5 and on 3rd down Perry's QB scrambles and is tackled in-bounds and time should have expired, because Perry had ZERO timeouts remaining and the refs said that Prestonsburg called a timeout.

Now why in the hell would Prestonsburg have called a timeout in that situation?!?!?

Thats something i would take to the khsaa.
If thats completely true, then its obvious the refs screwed pburg.
With that said, the khsaa needs to do something with those officials if thats the case.
Aslan Wrote:Let's all give a huge LOL for P-Burg fans blaming the officials. I guarantee Perry Central had around twice as many penalty yards than P-Burg.
Wasn't really as fun a game to watch as the score would indicate. Lots of flags called on both teams, lot of dropped passes, and many bad throws from the QBs.
Officials were awful, they seemed clueless at times.
Matt Robinson, what can I say? Hell of a game.
Perry clearly looked like the better team, they just didn't play well tonight.

Well said.
tuss23 Wrote:5A school 2A school lets see the f@#$ing refs gave that to pcc

Seriously?
Youre not helping Pburgs cause....AT ALL.
BCF4L Wrote:You all state that the refs didn't cost P-burg the game. Guess what? They did. Not by all of the missed calls both ways, but with 9 seconds to go, PCC was tackled in-bounds. Instead of the clock running out, the refs said Prestonsburg called a timeout. Bullshit. Why would Prestonsburg call a timeout when they are up by 5 points with 9 seconds to go in the game? The reason they said P-burg called a timeout was because PCC was out of timeouts. If the timeout wasn't called, the clock runs out and the game is over. End of story.

Best post on this thread yet.
Its common sense that nobody would do that.
Now, if a player made a mistake for pburg and called one i could see that happening because a young kid might have been confused but if the refs said Pburg called one, there obviously full of crap.
I do think the KHSAA needs to review the game film. If nothing wrong happened there shouldn't be a problem. It warrants a look just for the fact that two refs considered homers for Perry Central were officiating such a big game(or any PCC game). The announcers for 101.1 out of Hazard both were confused that the officials stated that Prestonsburg had called a time-out when they didn't.
Well here it goes. I am definitly not one of those guys to talk about the refs costing you a victory. The calls where bad both ways all night. The officials at times didnt seem to know what the hell they where even gonna call sometimes when they threw there flags.
Now someone correct me if i'm wrong on some calls i feel changed the out come of the game with seconds left.
1. Yes P'burg obviously jumped off sides on the 4th down at the 7 yard line, but the official marked it off 5 yards. Should that not have been 1/2 the distance of the goal line?
2. Has something changed that you only have to have 6 men on the line of scrimage on offense, because if you look at three of the last 4 sets for PCC the QB,FB,2 RB's, & 1 WR where off the line. No call was made for illegal formation.
3. The play they scored on the RB in motion cut & was moving to the line of scrimage before the ball was snapped another no call.

and last but not least fot those of you talking about P'burg coaches on the field. They where there trying to tell the refs to get your coach out of the freaking huddle. Hell i thought he was the QB.

Now about the players. Hats off to both teams. ONE HELL OF A GAME. PCC does indeed have some athletes. Our defense took a huge lick when Jamerson was put out due to injury. I actually thought the offense ran better though. Crisp didnt have Jamerson to look down so he spread the ball around more & was very productive in doing so.
Anderson & Jarrell made some huge plays for P'burg. PCC had several guys making plays. You guys are loaded in the back field for sure & some very speedy & elusive WR's as well.
Now lets get ready for the Rock.
Sabo and Brian Napier both graduated from MC Napier! Brian Napier's brother graduated from Perry Central!

Can somebody please find out if PCC had any timeouts at the end of the game?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Thats something i would take to the khsaa.
If thats completely true, then its obvious the refs screwed pburg.
With that said, the khsaa needs to do something with those officials if thats the case.

good job pcc,like i said Huff is one of the best qb's in the state.Runitupthegut when Whitley plays this year at PCC they are going to have the same crew
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Well here it goes. I am definitly not one of those guys to talk about the refs costing you a victory. The calls where bad both ways all night. The officials at times didnt seem to know what the hell they where even gonna call sometimes when they threw there flags.
Now someone correct me if i'm wrong on some calls i feel changed the out come of the game with seconds left.
1. Yes P'burg obviously jumped off sides on the 4th down at the 7 yard line, but the official marked it off 5 yards. Should that not have been 1/2 the distance of the goal line?
2. Has something changed that you only have to have 6 men on the line of scrimage on offense, because if you look at three of the last 4 sets for PCC the QB,FB,2 RB's, & 1 WR where off the line. No call was made for illegal formation.
3. The play they scored on the RB in motion cut & was moving to the line of scrimage before the ball was snapped another no call.

and last but not least fot those of you talking about P'burg coaches on the field. They where there trying to tell the refs to get your coach out of the freaking huddle. Hell i thought he was the QB.

Now about the players. Hats off to both teams. ONE HELL OF A GAME. PCC does indeed have some athletes. Our defense took a huge lick when Jamerson was put out due to injury. I actually thought the offense ran better though. Crisp didnt have Jamerson to look down so he spread the ball around more & was very productive in doing so.
Anderson & Jarrell made some huge plays for P'burg. PCC had several guys making plays. You guys are loaded in the back field for sure & some very speedy & elusive WR's as well.
Now lets get ready for the Rock.

Its only half the distance to the goal when there is not enough yards to cover the penalty. For example, had you been on the four yard line, it would have been placed at the 2. But since it was at the seven, it was put at the two because there was enough room.
T1up Wrote:good job pcc,like i said Huff is one of the best qb's in the state.Runitupthegut when Whitley plays this year at PCC they are going to have the same crew

Im sure we will.
Its never easy to get a win at PCC.
Ive been there 3 times and every times has been a hurdle..
Congrats PCC!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its only half the distance to the goal when there is not enough yards to cover the penalty. For example, had you been on the four yard line, it would have been placed at the 2. But since it was at the seven, it was put at the two because there was enough room.

I thought it was within 10 yards its half the distance of the goal on a 5 yd penalty and within 30 yards its half the distance of the goal on a 15 yd penalty
Since everyone of you pburg fans are gonna use the what if excuse so am I. What if Perry Centrals receivers hadn't dropped 60% of the wide open passes they had hit there hands with no one around them?..The game wouldn't have been close. But before you complain about the refs you should try to teach your players how to watch the ball and that once the QB lets go of the ball that you probably shouldn't hit him..I can't believe all this crap I'm seeing on here about the officials..I know they weren't great but did they really cost you the game? You all talk about how Huff was running for his life all night, you should have thought about that when he was running into the end zone with 2 seconds left! Perry wanted this game more and they took it, not because of the refs but because they wanted it more and they had HEART! So quit the whining and bitching about the refs because it's getting you no where. Accept the fact that the better team won and Perry is a team on the rise!
zaga_fan Wrote:I thought it was within 10 yards its half the distance of the goal on a 5 yd penalty and within 30 yards its half the distance of the goal on a 15 yd penalty

You might be right zaga.
I could be thinking about college or pros.
It really dont make sense to do that though. If youre on the six and someone jumps offside, IMO it should put you at the 1.
king360 Wrote:Since everyone of you pburg fans are gonna use the what if excuse so am I. What if Perry Centrals receivers hadn't dropped 60% of the wide open passes they had hit there hands with no one around them?..The game wouldn't have been close. But before you complain about the refs you should try to teach your players how to watch the ball and that once the QB lets go of the ball that you probably shouldn't hit him..I can't believe all this crap I'm seeing on here about the officials..I know they weren't great but did they really cost you the game? You all talk about how Huff was running for his life all night, you should have thought about that when he was running into the end zone with 2 seconds left! Perry wanted this game more and they took it, not because of the refs but because they wanted it more and they had HEART! So quit the whining and bitching about the refs because it's getting you no where. Accept the fact that the better team won and Perry is a team on the rise!

:Thumbs:

Good Call King. If the WRs for PC would have caught those easy pass they droped last night it wouldnt have matter. The game wouldnt have been close.The 2nd play of the game Huff throw a bomb to a wide open Rankin for a TD but was droped, that lead to a bad snap and putting Pburg in PCC territory for the 1st series of the game that could swing of 7 points going to PCC. No Pburg fan on here is wrong bout the calls, they were some bads ones on allnight but the fact PCC droping passes all night is what left Pburg in the game. This game shouldnt have been this close regaurdless.
MVP2 Wrote::Thumbs:

Good Call King. If the WRs for PC would have caught those easy pass they droped last night it wouldnt have matter. The game wouldnt have been close.The 2nd play of the game Huff throw a bomb to a wide open Rankin for a TD but was droped, that lead to a bad snap and putting Pburg in PCC territory for the 1st series of the game that could swing of 7 points going to PCC. No Pburg fan on here is wrong bout the calls, they were some bads ones on allnight but the fact PCC droping passes all night is what left Pburg in the game. This game shouldnt have been this close regaurdless.

And look what happened when Perry Central's WRs caught the ball in open space.
I saw Pray, White, and Beatty all take 5 yard passes and turn them into big plays. If these boys get the ball and have some time to make you miss you're in trouble.
king360 Wrote:Since everyone of you pburg fans are gonna use the what if excuse so am I. What if Perry Centrals receivers hadn't dropped 60% of the wide open passes they had hit there hands with no one around them?..The game wouldn't have been close. But before you complain about the refs you should try to teach your players how to watch the ball and that once the QB lets go of the ball that you probably shouldn't hit him..I can't believe all this crap I'm seeing on here about the officials..I know they weren't great but did they really cost you the game? You all talk about how Huff was running for his life all night, you should have thought about that when he was running into the end zone with 2 seconds left! Perry wanted this game more and they took it, not because of the refs but because they wanted it more and they had HEART! So quit the whining and bitching about the refs because it's getting you no where. Accept the fact that the better team won and Perry is a team on the rise!

I agree with the bold statement above, players should determine the outcome of the game not officials. But, if an official blew the whistle and call a time out at the end of the game when there shouldn't have been one called, then that official determined the outcome of the game PERIOD! Enough of this political correctness.
Don't u think if the refs said pburg called a timeout and they didn't that something would have been said?
I'm pretty sure that was Perry's last timeout.
They took one in the 2nd half to stop a delay of game....
they took one right before that one.
And that was their last one.
Well they no it wasn't pburgs just trying to make some excuse
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You might be right zaga.
I could be thinking about college or pros.
It really dont make sense to do that though. If youre on the six and someone jumps offside, IMO it should put you at the 1.

No... unless Kentucky high school rules are different than "typical" in the U.S., any penalty resulting in yardage change more than 1/2 the way to the goal line is instead marked as 1/2 the distance to the line from the previous line of scrimmage.

From Wikipedia:

"Fouls (a type of rule violation) are punished with penalties against the offending team. Most penalties result in moving the football towards the offending team's end zone. If the penalty would move the ball more than half the distance towards the offender's end zone, the penalty becomes half the distance to the goal instead of its normal value."
I couldn't come to the game (2 kids left for college...lol), but it seems apparent both sides agree on the incompetence of the officiating. Of course, as always, the calls that matter at the end are the ones everyone remembers.

If the officiating was incompetent throughout, P-burg fans shouldn't expect the refs to suddenly "get it right" at the end. Blackcat fans can take some solace from the fact the officials marked the offsides call INCORRECTLY (I can say that not being there in that no one has denied an offside mark off going from the 7 to the 2 - just plain WRONG).

But....I'd appreciate if someone would post a qtr by qtr scoring summary... ?!?
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next