•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 2011
Dragonsdad Wrote:If Smith isn't deemed elligible then where does he go from here? Is that just it for him until college? I wonder how many high school credits he has and just how close to graduating he is? If not elligible,could he take enough credits via E-school and graduate,then go on to college? Just wondering. I would hate to see this year just be a total loss for him.

It would be great for Tim, SC, and all involved, to get this situation resolved quickly. This is somewhat of a distraction, but I believe that the decision will be forthcoming very soon.
The Contrarian Wrote:It would be great for Tim, SC, and all involved, to get this situation resolved quickly. This is somewhat of a distraction, but I believe that the decision will be forthcoming very soon.

I have heard, unofficially, that we should know Tim's status Wednesday. We shall see if this decision materializes this week.
Hope the Tim kid gets to play.. would hate to see a young man lose his last year of football.. If he does he will more than likely never play again cause i dont see anybody takeing a chance on him.. maybe pikeville or cumberland or somebody like that if his lucky...
monster_energy Wrote:Hope the Tim kid gets to play.. would hate to see a young man lose his last year of football.. If he does he will more than likely never play again cause i dont see anybody takeing a chance on him.. maybe pikeville or cumberland or somebody like that if his lucky...

Hmmm.. Never heard that kind of talk when they was at Pike Central:lmao:
I seen a picture on Tim's Facebook page of him wearing a Sheldon Clark uniform.

So I guess as it stands right now, looks like he's going to play.
i have heard that tim is still not elligible today was the cards media day
J-Rod Wrote:I seen a picture on Tim's Facebook page of him wearing a Sheldon Clark uniform.

So I guess as it stands right now, looks like he's going to play.

I am not sure whether this determines that Tim is going to play? But based upon some tidbits I've recently gotten, I think Tim will be playing this season for Sheldon Clark. But we will see what transpires within the next few days.
Pike County Central isnt worried,all of ours is RULED ELIGABLE:redboxer: PCC will see ya on Oct 14th:popcorn: If ya wanna know what the secret on the hill is...its new players coming from Flordia & Texas!!! :Thumbs:
i guess we will see ya then lets go cardinals!!!!!!
loyalhawkfan Wrote:Pike County Central isnt worried,all of ours is RULED ELIGABLE:redboxer: PCC will see ya on Oct 14th:popcorn: If ya wanna know what the secret on the hill is...its new players coming from Flordia & Texas!!! :Thumbs:

That's great for Pike Central, maybe those players will teach you how to spell, maybe that is the secret on the hill!
Well as a loyal Pike Central Hawks guy, I just wanna say that not all Hawk fans are like that.

We wish Zack & Tim, and Coach Norman nothing but the best for you guys there.

We are looking forward to October 14th.

May the best team win.
J-Rod Wrote:Well as a loyal Pike Central Hawks guy, I just wanna say that not all Hawk fans are like that.

We wish Zack & Tim, and Coach Norman nothing but the best for you guys there.

We are looking forward to October 14th.

May the best team win.

Thank you J-Rod, we also have fans that are like( loyalhawkfan). I am an avid Cardinals fan and hope that all teams in our district do well. Good luck in the season and WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO OCT. 14 @ THE ROCK. :rockon:
SC lost alot of good players this paast year but they will still be toug they always are
wow with all these guys moving from here to there,just makes it a better district, and the team that wins it,better tested come playoffs, hope Belfry wins it again,the east side all together,but if not one from there district, best wishes to all other teams, may they all be injury free..
both should help Sheldon Clark with team speed, but did they really stand out that much at SV??? I think not
Both will help SC a lot this year. They are very athletic zach is a pretty good linebacker and is a tough kid and lets face it tim is an offensive and special team weapon and is as explosive as anyone around. If SCs line can just get in the way of people than kp and tim will run people to death.
Why did those two transfer to Sc for was it just for football?
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Why did those two transfer to Sc for was it just for football?

Not exactly, Coach Norman was released from Shelby Valley this off-season.

Pike Central hired him, but I never heard the full story but somehow he ended up with Sheldon Clark.

Zack is Coach Norman's son, and they adopted Tim.

They go where Coach Norman goes, so its not just for the football, its a family thing.
No doubt Zack will help SC, and if Tim is declared eligible, which I've heard that he will be, he will also help the cause. He will obviously be in the offensive mix, special teams, etc.

But another area where I think many have missed or not have not thought about, and that is, SC has some guys that like to hit. And that definitely wins games.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:both should help Sheldon Clark with team speed, but did they really stand out that much at SV??? I think not

nah not to much, just around 3,300 combined yards on offense, with 32 touchdowns, with 73 combined tackles on D. Tim was also named Courier-Journal All State.

If you saw Valley play, you would have realized they were basically the whole team as far as offensive threats.:Thumbs:
Trust me, I've seen Tim Smith play in person...the kid is really good.

No disrespect to Shelby Valley or anything, but Tim really didn't have much support around him and he himself can't win alone.

With Sheldon Clark, he could do special things for you guys.
Why are we not talking about time smith being a 5th year senior? Sounds like some real underhanded stuff to me?

Nickname: Wildcats
Coach: Jeff Norman
Class: 2A
Region: 1
District: 7
Roster: Click here # Name Position Yr. # Name Position Yr.
2 Corey Griffith Off: QB,Def: CB, So. 50 Austin Cable Off: OT,Def: DT, Fr.
3 Mason Johnson Off: RB,Def: LB, So. 51 Tim Carroll Off: OL,Def: DL, Fr.
4 Zack Norman Off: QB,Def: LB, Jr. 52 Seth Damron Off: G,Def: DT, So.
5 Rusty Roberts Off: WR,Def: CB, Sr. 53 Tim Kilgore Off: G,Def: DT, Jr.
6 Hunter Kinney Off: RB,Def: CB, So. 54 Dustin Charles Off: G,Def: DT, Jr.
7 Tyler Richardson Off: RB,Def: CB, So. 55 Austin Hampton Off: G,Def: DT, So.
8 Tim Smith Off: RB,Def: S, Sr. 56 Austin Kranzman Off: OT,Def: DT, Sr.
9 Lucas Fields Off: RB,Def: S, Jr. 60 Madison Compton Off: OT,Def: DT, Sr.
10 Trevor Tackett Off: K,Def: , Sr. 61 Dustin Huttemstine Off: C,Def: DT, Sr.
11 Scott Schwab Off: RB,Def: DB, Jr. 62 Sam Damron Off: OT,Def: LB, So.
12 Justin Thacker Off: WR,Def: CB, Jr. 63 Dakotah Rogers Off: G,Def: DT, Jr.
TheUnderground Wrote:Why are we not talking about time smith being a 5th year senior? Sounds like some real underhanded stuff to me?

Nickname: Wildcats
Coach: Jeff Norman
Class: 2A
Region: 1
District: 7
Roster: Click here # Name Position Yr. # Name Position Yr.
2 Corey Griffith Off: QB,Def: CB, So. 50 Austin Cable Off: OT,Def: DT, Fr.
3 Mason Johnson Off: RB,Def: LB, So. 51 Tim Carroll Off: OL,Def: DL, Fr.
4 Zack Norman Off: QB,Def: LB, Jr. 52 Seth Damron Off: G,Def: DT, So.
5 Rusty Roberts Off: WR,Def: CB, Sr. 53 Tim Kilgore Off: G,Def: DT, Jr.
6 Hunter Kinney Off: RB,Def: CB, So. 54 Dustin Charles Off: G,Def: DT, Jr.
7 Tyler Richardson Off: RB,Def: CB, So. 55 Austin Hampton Off: G,Def: DT, So.
8 Tim Smith Off: RB,Def: S, Sr. 56 Austin Kranzman Off: OT,Def: DT, Sr.
9 Lucas Fields Off: RB,Def: S, Jr. 60 Madison Compton Off: OT,Def: DT, Sr.
10 Trevor Tackett Off: K,Def: , Sr. 61 Dustin Huttemstine Off: C,Def: DT, Sr.
11 Scott Schwab Off: RB,Def: DB, Jr. 62 Sam Damron Off: OT,Def: LB, So.
12 Justin Thacker Off: WR,Def: CB, Jr. 63 Dakotah Rogers Off: G,Def: DT, Jr.

There seems to be some extenuating circumstances in the Tim Smith scenario. I am not sure of all the details, but I guess we'll have to let the KHSAA make the determination.
nice word, I sure wish I would have to to play 2 senior years of Football. man the possibilities! Its BS in my opinion.
The situation ive been told is due to some personal reason tim missed a year of football and school if understood correctly so they are trying to get him another year of eligibility on the field. he will have to go to school regardless. he was listed a senior at SV last year because they didnt know what the KHSAA would do about him this year.
IntheZone Wrote:The situation ive been told is due to some personal reason tim missed a year of football and school if understood correctly so they are trying to get him another year of eligibility on the field. he will have to go to school regardless. he was listed a senior at SV last year because they didnt know what the KHSAA would do about him this year.

Well, this does call for the word extenuating, since this is not an ordinary circumstance. Since, apparently, Tim was not a senior last year at SV, I have to wonder why he was listed as such. But what class he was listed as being in is immaterial, I believe. There is also a "hardship" factor in the equation, I've heard.

And since he has not graduated, he must be a senior this year and to graduate high school in the spring of 2012.

However, we here on BGR are not going to determine whether Tim plays, the KHSAA will make the call. So, we will just wait and see.
sorry to step on toes.. doesnt feel so good does it? I do wish BOTH boys and Coach Norman a great year...and the Flordia & Texas thing was for rumor minded people who speak without knowledge...see ya on Oct 14th @ the rock!!!!
I hope both kids get to play.I think TAYLOR CHAPMAN will be a beast this year.He was good last year so I think he will only get better.
the reason Tim was listed as a senior last year is because they were unsure of his eligibility for this season and didn't want him to miss out on all the senior activities that go on is how i took it.
As I mentioned on another thread, I do not pay a great deal of attention to pre-season rankings, but it is good to get the respect, however. I was surprised to SC ranked as highly as they are.

Although they lost heavily to graduation, (16 or 17) the guys they have this year make up a good group that wants to play, and to win. Thus I look forward to seeing them in action.

We'll get an opportunity to SC 2011 this coming Saturday, August 13 @ 09:30 AM at Inez, in a scrimmage against Nitro, a WV team from the Kanawha Valley, and an AAA school -- the largest classification in WV.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next