Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sarah Elliott out at Lawrence County
Lawrence County's girls basketball coach Sarah Elliott will now be looking for a new home and place to coach as Lawrence County and the ex Kentucky player parted ways. The Lady Bulldogs went a miserable 6-22 last season and lost in the opening round of the 57th district tournament to Magoffin County by ten points, a game in which three starters got up and quit during the game.

Who will Lawrence hire and why?
Looks like Sarah didnt like losing and also looked like the Lawerence County players didnt want to be coached.
^

My same thoughts.
It is hard to be coached when the coach calls the same play over and over and over again and even the other team knows what they are going to. It was all over before it even got started according to some parents. Some very ugly things were said from coach Elliott to the players following a death in a player's family, very unfortunate for her. LC had a lot of young talent as well and maybe the best young point guard in the district in Taylor Porter.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:It is hard to be coached when the coach calls the same play over and over and over again and even the other team knows what they are going to. It was all over before it even got started according to some parents. Some very ugly things were said from coach Elliott to the players following a death in a player's family, very unfortunate for her. LC had a lot of young talent as well and maybe the best young point guard in the district in Taylor Porter.

Just another example of an ex all start type player thinking they can coach.
It usually always fails.
The job has been open for at least 5 weeks. lawrence co has had a handful of coaches wanting the job.
Hope everything improves for LCHS
I wish an old friend the best of luck where ever she lands. I'm sure someone with her background will find a coaching position sooner rather than later.
Has anyone heard who the new coach will be?
Wow.
From what it seems like she has a pretty poor attitude. Thought she was going to do better at LC though, lol. Oh well.
Some people just a
Some people aren't made to be coaches bottom line, is this one???????
Sarah Elliott played in the SEC for 4 yrs. there is no doubt that she has a wealth of knowledge to share at the h.s. level. She is young and has a bright future. From prior posts...maybe it's the way she conveys her knowledge to the players that is part of the problem?

That will come with experience, or surrounding herself with good asst. coaches that can be the good cop to soften the blow. It's sometimes hard for dedicated, driven players that are just out of college to relate to players that are not so gung-ho and motivated. Different players respond to different treatment...some will run through a brick wall after being chewed, others have to be stroked a little bit. It takes many practices, scrimmages, and games to learn the players...it takes years for a coach to learn to read players. And each year you start all over again with a new group of incoming freshman.
Any word on a new coach yet?
who cares if she played in the SEC that doesn't make her a good coach. The players criticized her, she had no respect from her players or parents. This equals a bad coach! I mean when you refuse to wear your teams colors (Black and Red) in practice and during a tv interview you wear UK stuff (look at it on youtube) no one will respect you or think you are truly a bulldog. I'm glad she is gone good riddence! Trust me, i'm not the only person in Louisa saying this!
Former Sheldon Clark Coach Roger Harless has taken the job
Great Coach that SC lost due to Political Reasons.
That's to bad, I was rooting for her to do good.
I used to see her play at UK some. Glad you all got a great coach!!
She's coaching our middle & high school's teams now. A little concerned about comments uncovered on websites about Elliott's attitude and mentality toward younger players. Why didn't she stay at Lawrence coaching? Her video says it was her dream.
The issues she went thru last year was a learning experience i'm sure? Her biggest mistake was not spending more time as an assistant coach? In order for a coach to come up with their own program it takes more than a couple of years learning from other coaches? Every coach is a theif. They take from other coaches and those coaches have taken from somebody else, but that is exactly how you come up with your own system? You take bits and pieces from coaches that you have coached with and come up with your own way of doing things, and I think she needed a few more years doing that before she made the jump to being a head coach? I think she will be a great coach and she will probably have a very successful career, but it is going to take a few years to come up with her own style and program she can teach kids before that will happen?