Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagles sign Nnamdi Asomugha
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/07/29/asomugha...le=HP11_cp

5 Years $60 million
Keep in mind, this gives them Rogers-Cromartie, Asante Samuel AND Nnamdi Asomugha as corners!
Huge pick-up!! That's a dangerous Defensive Backfield.
I was really hoping the Texans would have gotten him. I don't know what went wrong, they were gonna be the only team to offer him a but load of money according to the Analyst
This makes me sad...

But on the bright side at least it's not to the Jets.
Eagles have just surpassed the Jets with the best CBs in football
Yup^

Eagles offseason grade A+. Got two shut down corners, and a very good underated pass rusher in Jason Babin.
^ BUTTTTT, if the Eagles don't do something about the WR position, it's not going to matter.
Right, they need to make a deal with Jackson but they also signed Donald Lee (TE) another big weapon for Vick.
^ I agree with you MVP. Jackson is a must. His deal is more important than any other offseason deal that the Eagles could make. I also agree about Lee. They have to have a strong TE or a great receiving back in order to keep the defenses honest when guarding against Vick running.
Stardust Wrote:^ I agree with you MVP. Jackson is a must. His deal is more important than any other offseason deal that the Eagles could make. I also agree about Lee. They have to have a strong TE or a great receiving back in order to keep the defenses honest when guarding against Vick running.

:Thumbs:, They also signed DT Cullen Jenkins, another new face on the defensive side of the ball.
Defense is really going to be the best in the NFC East.
Stardust Wrote:^ I agree with you MVP. Jackson is a must. His deal is more important than any other offseason deal that the Eagles could make. I also agree about Lee. They have to have a strong TE or a great receiving back in order to keep the defenses honest when guarding against Vick running.

Yep....Vick LOVES dumping the ball to his TE.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Eagles have had a very good Free Agency period. Get Jacksons contract settled and they will be ready to go!
they have shady mccoy in the backfield who is a good back. they also have maclin, who is thought of in many circles to be a better overall receiver than jackson. avant is a good slot receiver and they have a good tight end. offense only scares me with the line situation. jackson will be back soon enough. they need to make sure that their o-line is good to go.
OffTheHook Wrote:Yep....Vick LOVES dumping the ball to his TE.

He made a living off of passing to Alge Crumpler in Atlanta.
^ Well, Crumpler is available
Stardust Wrote:^ Well, Crumpler is available

Doubt the Eagles would pick him up.
It wouldn't be a horrible signing if they did....
but I don't think he has much left in the tank.
Eagles are definently one of my picks to rise to the top of the NFC now, along with Green Bay and Atlanta.

they dont have to do anything with jackson. he is still under contract, and if he holds out too much longer they will tack on an additional year before he becomes a free agent. i really dont see them extending him until after the season begins.