Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel?
southernky Wrote:Fraley says he is not going to South, Today.
What a mess. I feel for the kids.
I think it is only going to get harder and harder for even good schools to get quality coaches no matter what the pay.
From an outside observer, why is South having such a hard time finding a coach? I thought South was considered one of the best spots in that part of KY, if not one of the better coaching spots in the state as a whole. Big school, lots of tradition, recent state championship within the past few years, talent year end and year out (I thought anyway). Seems like to me they would have their pick of coaches, but just the opposite has happened. Is there more to the job than meets the eye?
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I think it is only going to get harder and harder for even good schools to get quality coaches no matter what the pay.

Why?

BigVMan23 Wrote:From an outside observer, why is South having such a hard time finding a coach? I thought South was considered one of the best spots in that part of KY, if not one of the better coaching spots in the state as a whole. Big school, lots of tradition, recent state championship within the past few years, talent year end and year out (I thought anyway). Seems like to me they would have their pick of coaches, but just the opposite has happened. Is there more to the job than meets the eye?

It looks that way to me too. Read eariler that they had less than 10 applications for this job. NL and Garrard Co filled thier positions fairly fast....South been going on for way too long. The kids deserve better than this. What teaching position are they trying to fill with the new coach? Not sure that has any thing to do with it as they had so few applications.
I heard that an asst. from Bryan Station is now in the running.
BigVMan23 Wrote:From an outside observer, why is South having such a hard time finding a coach? I thought South was considered one of the best spots in that part of KY, if not one of the better coaching spots in the state as a whole. Big school, lots of tradition, recent state championship within the past few years, talent year end and year out (I thought anyway). Seems like to me they would have their pick of coaches, but just the opposite has happened. Is there more to the job than meets the eye?

one word....POLITICS.
It owns that school. If the administration wants someone to play, theyll play over lebron there.
Its truly ruined there basketball team and a big reason im sure coach wright left.
South is one top 2 or 3 jobs in the mountains.
I don't know how true it is but I heard that South hired one of Bryan Station's Assistants as there new head coach. Brown I think is his name
Mountain Wrote:South is one top 2 or 3 jobs in the mountains.

we once was feared in all sports, now football is a joke,basketball is heading south can't even get a coach,baseball is down. Sports is a big part of school and education and must go hand in hand with each other, but this administration has taken a feared program and tradition and made it the laughing stock of the area.Friday night lights are coming and we are left in the dark. "SAD" congradulations to North for hiring Brad Sizemore he will do a great job, he is all about basketball 24/7
Where will Roscoe Denney wind up at? Will Norm Bowling go back to the middle school system?
Strikeout King Wrote:I don't know how true it is but I heard that South hired one of Bryan Station's Assistants as there new head coach. Brown I think is his name

Jaron Brown. Is it official?
This is a beastly job for the mountain schools. South Laurel will always be one of the best stops in the state.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gold Charger Wrote:Jaron Brown. Is it official?

that's what another site is reporting.
Strikeout King Wrote:that's what another site is reporting.

That dosn't mean it is official. Anything in the newspapers?
Still nothing offical.....wow. What is going on at SL????
Gold Charger Wrote:Still nothing offical.....wow. What is going on at SL????

:Thumbs:I can't believe nothing has been done.
Sounds like South Laurel is in a political quagmire
Heard that Jaron Brown is out. South is still looking for a coach.
School starts soon....any word?
It is shocking to think South Laurel is having such a hard time finding a bball coach!!
Word out of London, South Laurel, could be naming a new coach as soon as Wednesday. It seems they've found themselves a good up coming coach.
I feel bad for whoever it is. It seems it will be a tough job following Wright. And not even being close to the first choice. But whoever it is may do an excellent job. I still think its a great place to coach.
LexBaller Wrote:Word out of London, South Laurel, could be naming a new coach as soon as Wednesday. It seems they've found themselves a good up coming coach.

Might be someone from the NKY area.
I still can't believe that they haven't filled their coaching vacancy yet.
South Laurel, hired Jeff Davis, as the head basketball coach today. Heard he's a high energy coach with a good up side. Congrats to South Laurel and Coach Davis.
does anyone know anything about this guy????
Coach Wright leaves South for a program that has no tradition, but upcoming talent. Roscoe Denny has taken two different teams to the state as a head coach and been Wright's trusted assistant for last decade. I don't think coaching is the issue, sounds as if it is talent and politics. Best of Luck to Coach Davis looks as if you have your work cut out for you.
Davis is a solid coach. He will do well.
This is a total steal of a hire. Great coach. Saw a lot of his JV teams in Northern Kentucky when I lived there. Was on Macey's staff at Morehead. Coached Shining Stars AAU and Derek Smith the last few years while the top assistant at Kenton. Singlehandedly recruited a really strong AAU team and then kept them together when he switched to Stars. Included the Able kid that went to Indiana. They'll be aggressive and fun to watch. Loves to press. Rumor up there is he has had several opportunities the last few years but he has been very picky. Kenton job was his in waiting and he wasn't going to leave for anything less than that. Great great hire.
Great Hire for South. This young man knows b-ball! South will be back at Rupp very soon.