•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 2011
roots rod Wrote:KP Skyles ran two 4.4 40 yard dashes sunday at Marshall elite camp. The first was a 4.44 and the second a 4.40. . KP also ran a 4.14 20 yard shuttle, Not bad for the 190 pounder. Several good players from across the country attended the camp. IMHO , Marshall is on the comeback!:rockon:

He texted after the combine and told me about it, he turned his wheels on down there over the weekend thats for sure
roots rod Wrote:KP Skyles ran two 4.4 40 yard dashes sunday at Marshall elite camp. The first was a 4.44 and the second a 4.40. . KP also ran a 4.14 20 yard shuttle, Not bad for the 190 pounder. Several good players from across the country attended the camp. IMHO , Marshall is on the comeback!:rockon:

CardinalAlum Wrote:He texted after the combine and told me about it, he turned his wheels on down there over the weekend thats for sure

Good to hear that KP did well at the Marshall Elite Camp. I would have to think that when one does not have to run an event six times before the timer can determine which one he wants to be "official" makes a huge difference. The situation just mentioned happened last week at a combine that has gotten itself a notroious reputation for a very poorly run event.

As I have mentioned previously, many believe that KP is one of the more underrated RBs' in Eastern KY. Well, it won't be long until we can see what transpires in the SC program in 2011.
The Contrarian Wrote:Good to hear that KP did well at the Marshall Elite Camp. I would have to think that when one does not have to run an event six times before the timer can determine which one he wants to be "official" makes a huge difference. The situation just mentioned happened last week at a combine that has gotten itself a notroious reputation for a very poorly run event.

As I have mentioned previously, many believe that KP is one of the more underrated RBs' in Eastern KY. Well, it won't be long until we can see what transpires in the SC program in 2011.

Contrarian, I agree that KP is underrated. He is a hard worker, with a great work ethic. I look for him to do very well in the 2011 season.
cant wait till kick off,good luck cards
In 58 or 59 days, depending on whether they scrimmage Nitro, WV, on Friday or Saturday, you can get a look at the 2011 Cardinals. If the past scrimmages with Nitro is an indication of the coming attraction, it will be on Saturday.
Again, I want to reiterate that I believe Sheldon Clark will do somewhat better than most think. Granted, they lost a lot of players to graduation, but the group that will comprise the team this season will step up and do a credible job.
Time seems to be rapidly moving along; we have only 48 days until we get a peke at SC 2011. They scrimmage Nitro, WV, on August 13. I believe it starts at 10:00 AM. This scrimmage is to be at home.

I think SC will surprise a few people this season, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It appears that many on this venue feel that this is going to be a down year.

I read on another thread where one poster felt that Rockcastle County could win by however many TDs they wanted. SC, let's look at that as a challenge, and perform at our very best.
paulcssi Wrote:Time seems to be rapidly moving along; we have only 48 days until we get a peke at SC 2011. They scrimmage Nitro, WV, on August 13. I believe it starts at 10:00 AM. This scrimmage is to be at home.

I think SC will surprise a few people this season, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It appears that many on this venue feel that this is going to be a down year.

I read on another thread where one poster felt that Rockcastle County could win by however many TDs they wanted. SC, let's look at that as a challenge, and perform at our very best.

In regard to Rockcastle County, based upon what I hear and read on this forum, they are loaded. Therefore SC most definitely has their work cut out for them. But I think SC will be somewhat better than most expect. We shall see as the 2011 season unfolds.
The Contrarian Wrote:In regard to Rockcastle County, based upon what I hear and read on this forum, they are loaded. Therefore SC most definitely has their work cut out for them. But I think SC will be somewhat better than most expect. We shall see as the 2011 season unfolds.

I would like someone to explain why they think SC is going to be much better than most think?
Landser, Amer. Wrote:I would like someone to explain why they think SC is going to be much better than most think?

explain to me why should they be as bad as you want them to be.suprise suprise ???????
Landser, Amer. Wrote:I would like someone to explain why they think SC is going to be much better than most think?

cardfan1398 Wrote:explain to me why should they be as bad as you want them to be.surprise surprise ???????

cardfan 1398, I think you've read me wrong; I am a Card fan, looking for some thoughts on why others think the Cards will be pretty good this season, much better than some think. So since I have gotten this started, I'll share my opinion on why I think they will be pretty fair this season.

Even though they lost heavily to graduation, they have some returnees that are very good athletes, they have a good work ethic, and they want to be a wining team.

I have heard that, contrary to what a lot of people think, they are going to have a much better line than originally thought. There seems to be more interest than usual in preparing for the 2011 season. And they had quite a few new linemen working out in the off-season.

Some of the talent returning that should do well: KP Skyles, Taylor Chapman, Todd Matthews, Jared Stevens, Chase Lafferty, Tyler O'Connor, and BJ Jarrell. Unfortunately, I have probably missed some, especially some of the new linemen that have come out this year.

Moreover SC has a good, veteran coach who wants to win. The foregoing are my reasons.
Landser, Amer. Wrote:cardfan 1398, I think you've read me wrong; I am a Card fan, looking for some thoughts on why others think the Cards will be pretty good this season, much better than some think. So since I have gotten this started, I'll share my opinion on why I think they will be pretty fair this season.

Even though they lost heavily to graduation, they have some returnees that are very good athletes, they have a good work ethic, and they want to be a wining team.

I have heard that, contrary to what a lot of people think, they are going to have a much better line than originally thought. There seems to be more interest than usual in preparing for the 2011 season. And they had quite a few new linemen working out in the off-season.

Some of the talent returning that should do well: KP Skyles, Taylor Chapman, Todd Matthews, Jared Stevens, Chase Lafferty, Tyler O'Connor, and BJ Jarrell. Unfortunately, I have probably missed some, especially some of the new linemen that have come out this year.

Moreover SC has a good, veteran coach who wants to win. The foregoing are my reasons.

didnt mean to take you wrong ,seems like so many people r out to put the cards down ,i just (believe) in them thats all .
Well, time is moving inexorably forward, and we have only forty-three days until SC takes on Nitro, WV, in a scrimmage. The scrimmage is at home. Then seven days later they play their first game, Rockcastle County, at Harrison County.

Needless to say, I'm anxious to see the season begin.
"Needless to say, I'm anxious to see the season begin."

I am also anxious to see the season begin. Since I have a grandson, who will be a senior this coming season, playing for SC, I certainly hope that they do well in 2011.

Let us hope and pray they have a relatively injury free season, enjoy playing the game, and always have a winning attitude. That means playing each and every down with intensity. Good luck, Cards!
I guess the subject of Coach Norman on the Pike Central thread should be moved to the SC thread, since I understand he will be teaching and coaching at SC.

I've heard that he has a son that was a QB and LB at SV, who will be coming to SC. I'm sure that he will fit somewhere into the SC program. But I would think the big question, at this point is, is Tim Smith going to be eligible?

I have heard different stories (rumors) regarding Tim's eligibility; this subject was discussed at length on the PC thread and no absolute conclusion was reached. One poster mentioned that it was in the KHSAA hands, and the decision is forthcoming. As was mentioned before, we will have to wait and see how it's ruled.
I have recently watched Cory Davenport's highlight video, and one aspect certainly stood out; he was the "deep" back most all the time, which gave him momentum and a little additional time to find the hole. Whether Bell was in the I or even a three back set, he was the deep back.

I would hope that Sheldon Clark would give this offensive set a good run in 2011, with KP Skyles as the deep back. I think we would see some excitement. Of course, this is just a committed fan's opinion. And obviously I do not claim to be a coach.

Good luck, Cards, in 2011!
I believe that KP Skyles is one of the more underrated running backs in Eastern Kentucky. And I would agree that if SC abandons the wishbone, and utilizes the I, primarily, with KP as the deep back, he would be showcased much more. We shall see this season what transpires.

Wishing good luck to the Cards in 2011!
from wat i have heard i think taylor chapman will stay on the d-line this year and play fullback i have seen this kid and he is getting bigger and faster but i also know that he said sc will come out and play this year u will see a new team
cardfan1398 Wrote:from wat i have heard i think taylor chapman will stay on the d-line this year and play fullback i have seen this kid and he is getting bigger and faster but i also know that he said sc will come out and play this year u will see a new team

Taylor is a fine athlete, and I think we will see good things from him this coming season. He has size, strength, and ability. If he gives it his all on each and every down, he will be awesome.

I certainly hope he gets some help on that defensive line, if that is where he ends up this year. I've heard that the line is going to surprise a few people in 2011. Let us hope that's a fact.

Good luck, Cards, in the 2011 season!
yes he is but he told me that they have very good size on the line this year and the way it looks he is going to have some help on the d-line but i think he is one of the best defence of player i seen
A couple things some Cardinal fans are thinking about at this point: Is Tim Smith going to be eligible? and if he is, where will he fit into the SC lineup? and where will Zack Norman fit into the system?

Since I have never seen either play I couldn't make an educated guess. I have, however, seen Tim's highlight video.

Anyone have any thoughts on the above?
The Contrarian Wrote:A couple things some Cardinal fans are thinking about at this point: Is Tim Smith going to be eligible? and if he is, where will he fit into the SC lineup? and where will Zack Norman fit into the system?

Since I have never seen either play I couldn't make an educated guess. I have, however, seen Tim's highlight video.

Anyone have any thoughts on the above?

I have just watched the Tim Smith's 2010 Highlights video; he obviously looked good on his highlight video, and undoubtedly he is a very good running back. But, I guess the big question, is he going to be eligible? Another question, what caliber was the opposition that was shown on the video?

In regard to Zack Norman, if in fact he is #4, he did get out of the backfield and block for his running back, something I have noticed that many qbs' don't do. And Coach Norman said that both Tim and Zack were good football players.

So I would imagine we will see as the season gets underway.
Landser, Amer. Wrote:I have just watched the Tim Smith's 2010 Highlights video; he obviously looked good on his highlight video, and undoubtedly he is a very good running back. But, I guess the big question, is he going to be eligible? Another question, what caliber was the opposition that was shown on the video?

In regard to Zack Norman, if in fact he is #4, he did get out of the backfield and block for his running back, something I have noticed that many qbs' don't do. And Coach Norman said that both Tim and Zack were good football players.

So I would imagine we will see as the season gets underway.

Shelby Valley played 5 teams with 9 wins or more, and a couple of touchdowns were against Breathitt in a scrimmage. So they played Pburg, Pulaski, Clintwood VA, PCC, Breathitt, and Lawrence
Biggest question mark for the cards this year will be their line. They lost 4 starters from last years line. Coach Norman will coach O and D lines and seems like he knows some football doesnt hurt that his son's are extremely athletic. I expect big things from the cards this season they will be extremely athletic and will be carried by there Defense i expect to see a few more guys out as the season draws near. I was worried during the summer about how good this SC team would be. I think they will be a team that should not be taken lightly. Because if you do you'll be leaving the stadium with an L. On offense i look for SC to spread it out more than ever before and throw it less than the past couple years. Look for more runs toward the corners and with two very versatile QB's look for teams to have to key on multiple people in the offense not just KP. Also i look for KP to bust out and have a huge year i hope he stays healthy all season and if he does look out hes an absolute monster! SC has several athletes that have great size as well. They will go however as far as the line take them. I think coach Norm will make a difference as well!
IntheZone Wrote:Biggest question mark for the cards this year will be their line. They lost 4 starters from last years line. Coach Norman will coach O and D lines and seems like he knows some football doesnt hurt that his son's are extremely athletic. I expect big things from the cards this season they will be extremely athletic and will be carried by there Defense i expect to see a few more guys out as the season draws near. I was worried during the summer about how good this SC team would be. I think they will be a team that should not be taken lightly. Because if you do you'll be leaving the stadium with an L. On offense i look for SC to spread it out more than ever before and throw it less than the past couple years. Look for more runs toward the corners and with two very versatile QB's look for teams to have to key on multiple people in the offense not just KP. Also i look for KP to bust out and have a huge year i hope he stays healthy all season and if he does look out hes an absolute monster! SC has several athletes that have great size as well. They will go however as far as the line take them. I think coach Norm will make a difference as well!

First, I agree with your assessment of the SC situation. I definitely think we will see a much different SC team this season. I've heard that the attitude and enthusiasm is great this year and that, in itself, means a lot. Because if one wants to, and thinks one can, one has a much better chance of accomplishing the objective.

Second, as you mentioned, the line is the key component and I might add, at this point, a question. I have heard some good comments regarding the guys in the trenches, for example, "they have worked hard in the off season and have the desire to win." So we will see how it goes, starting August 20.

On a positive note, SC returns some extremely good athletes for the 2011 season, and some that come quickly to mind are: KP Skyles, Taylor Chapman, BJ Jarrell, Todd Matthews, Chase Lafferty, Tyler O'Connor, Jarred Stevens, and in addition, Zack Norman, who played for Shelby Valley last year. Moreover, SC has a few guys that played sparingly last season that,hopefully, can step up. I didn't mention the possibility of Tim Smith, a very good athlete, who's eligibility has, to my knowledge, not yet been determined. If I have missed anyone, I apologize.

I believe the Cards will do pretty well this season. Thus let's hope for healthy, minimal injury year. Best of luck, Cards.
So how was it that Tim Smith played in the 7 on 7 at Betsy Layne, and from what Ive been told, he scored a lot. Is he eligable?
Not sure about Smith, but the Cards looked good all day until getting tired at the end, just from what a Betsy Layne fan told me.
Dungy Wrote:Not sure about Smith, but the Cards looked good all day until getting tired at the end, just from what a Betsy Layne fan told me.

I heard that Smith looked very good, but I also heard that a few other Cards looked pretty good in the tournament.

I think we can get a little better idea of how the Cards are going to perform in a few weeks, when they scrimmage Nitro, WV.
If he is not eligible and playing could be some trouble. Maybe more that SC wants to deal with.
oldtimer3 Wrote:If he is not eligible and playing could be some trouble. Maybe more that SC wants to deal with.

As long as there is no ruling, then there is no wrong doing. No problem though, we will just file a restraining order against the KHSAA like PIKE Central did and all is well.:rockon:
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next