Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To trade or not to trade these six stars
The 2011-12 season isn't the only thing in limbo in NBA land. So are the futures of Dwight Howard, Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen, as well as their respective teams. The six stars are set to become free agents in the summer of 2012.

So ... should the Magic, Nets, Hornets, Suns and Celtics deal them now or hold on to them?

Here are 25 takes:

1. What should the Magic do with Dwight Howard?
A. Trade him this offseason.
B. Deal him at the 2012 trade deadline.
C. Hold on to him.

Jovan Buha, ClipperBlog: A. Trade him this offseason. Similar to Denver's situation with Carmelo Anthony last season, Orlando should try and move Howard sooner than later. The longer the Magic wait the more likely they'll be forced to lower their asking price.

If and when the Magic lose Howard, they will have no one to blame but themselves for poor decision-making.

Tim Donahue, 8 Points, 9 Seconds: C. Hold on to him. Orlando is more or less where Cleveland was a year ago -- riding the back of the tiger. They're buried under too many other contracts and basically have to win it with Howard, or die trying.

Matt McHale, By The Horns: C. Hold on to him. There aren't many true centers left on this planet, and Dwight is easily the best. He could have -- and some would say should have -- won the MVP last season. You're not going to get comparable value without cloning him. Whether Howard leaves in free agency or gets traded, it's rebuilding time anyway.

Michael Wallace, Heat Index: C. Hold on to him. Although Dwight has been completely inconsistent in his public comments about his future, president of basketball operations Otis Smith is convinced Howard wants to stay. The question is whether the Magic can swing a deal to get him enough help to contend with Miami and Chicago.

Royce Young, Daily Thunder: C. Hold on to him. Even if you told me that Howard was going to walk in 2012, I think having him for one more season and therefore having one more decent chance at a title is worth dealing with some painful rebuilding if he were to leave.

We're talking about one of the top three game-changers in the league here. Just another 82 games (or however many games there will be in 2011-12) is worth far more than whatever Orlando could get in return for him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story...n-5-110705

The article goes on to tell what the writers would do with CP3, Nash, Williams, KG & Allen.

What say you?
Good find Aslan the asshole.
But I say Orlando (or any team for that matter) should keep him.
Now I myself want to see him out of Orlando..
They made the finals 2 years ago with a bunch of rejects.. Howard runs the show in the NBA IMO. He avgs I think either 22 or 24 and 14 a game. Who else does that? Why is he not in the MVP race? D Rose gets a few more points on average over Howard and is the MVP? My opinion is he got it because of his surrounding cast. Too much of the team effort is being put on the MVP in the league now days. If your team is the leading factor in the NBA... They take the leading scorer of that team and MVP, in which I think is BS! We all seen what happened to Rose in the playoffs. What a bluff system the MVP race is. Stern should be ashamed.
If Orlando keeps him after the trade deadline, they risk losing him, and getting nothing in return. Then they will go through a long rebuilding process. They have a few players that are not producing, who also happen to have huge contracts.
I would trade him. They're going to be rebuilding either way when he's gone. It would make that transition easier with young talent and future draft picks, instead of nothing.
Let's face it, it's very doubtful Orlando can bring anybody in to make them a championship contender again, because the pieces they're willing to trade have huge contracts, and aren't producing.
^It's true. Im a Orlando fan because of Howard. I justr hope he gets traded to a subpar team. if he goes to \Cavs, Twolves, or some scrub team.... I will be devistated, but it will, it will be better than LWCs team so its ok.
^ Sad
:flame:Trade!!!no more
Ballers Wrote:Good find Aslan the asshole.
But I say Orlando (or any team for that matter) should keep him.
Now I myself want to see him out of Orlando..
They made the finals 2 years ago with a bunch of rejects.. Howard runs the show in the NBA IMO. He avgs I think either 22 or 24 and 14 a game. Who else does that? Why is he not in the MVP race? D Rose gets a few more points on average over Howard and is the MVP? My opinion is he got it because of his surrounding cast. Too much of the team effort is being put on the MVP in the league now days. If your team is the leading factor in the NBA... They take the leading scorer of that team and MVP, in which I think is BS! We all seen what happened to Rose in the playoffs. What a bluff system the MVP race is. Stern should be ashamed.

Agree on all counts except aslan being an asshole. He's a pretty good guy lol
Hope Howard goes to the Lakers so Ballers can be on my side for a change.
B.... Deal him at the 2012 trade deadline. ---- That way Orlando would atleast have an OK season they would get some wins with Howard... But have to get someone for him Orlando don't wanna be like Cleveland...
LWC Wrote:^ Sad

LOL LWC.. I was just seeing if you was out there.
K_Mac Wrote:Hope Howard goes to the Lakers so Ballers can be on my side for a change.

:Thumbs: