Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville High School 2011
jetpilot Wrote:I hope it's not true. Bigger crowd with no TV...
If the game is at Pikeville, it'd probably be bigger if it was on TV. Who knows. Pikeville fans have become pathetic IMO. That'd be two straight weeks of TV for Pikeville if true.
Now I have heard it from one of our players that Coach Donahue said this and that we are playing you guys in the Pike Co. Bowl at 9pm on the 27th which is a Saturday. Also that we would have tee shirts and food and that it would be on TV. This is no joke. I wish someone could confirm this. If you know anything at all please post it. If it is true I wonder what happened to Harrison Co.? Strange.
Dragonsdad Wrote:Now I have heard it from one of our players that Coach Donahue said this and that we are playing you guys in the Pike Co. Bowl at 9pm on the 27th which is a Saturday. Also that we would have tee shirts and food and that it would be on TV. This is no joke. I wish someone could confirm this. If you know anything at all please post it. If it is true I wonder what happened to Harrison Co.? Strange.
I know Franklin County backed out of their game against Belfry and now it appears they will be playing Highlands. I have no idea. But yes, all PCB games are televised. And if this is true, it will be a much better atmosphere for Harlan fans. The PCB draws HUGE crowds. I will try to find out what's going on. I guess it could be a possibility that Harrison and Harlan weeks have been flipped if Harrison doesn't want to play Belfry next year.
Dungy kinda of makes sense of it all over on the Harlan thread. So we could end up playing each other in the PC Bowl if Williamsburg our current week 1 opponent agrees to move our game to week 6. It all has to do with Belfry's opponent in the PC Bowl dropping out or something like that. You'll have to read it on the Harlan thread. Check it out.
Dragonsdad Wrote:Dungy kinda of makes sense of it all over on the Harlan thread. So we could end up playing each other in the PC Bowl if Williamsburg our current week 1 opponent agrees to move our game to week 6. It all has to do with Belfry's opponent in the PC Bowl dropping out or something like that. You'll have to read it on the Harlan thread. Check it out.
I have checked with a source that says it is a possibility but as of now it is still Pikeville vs. Harrison County. And Dungy's theory makes sense about Harrison playing Belfry if another opponent does not come to the PCB for Belfry, but I am also hearing Belfry will be play Highlands. And if that is true, I would imagine it will still be Pikeville vs. Harrison in the PCB and Pikeville vs. Harlan in week 0.

If Pikeville does indeed get Harlan in the PCB, I would love that matchup and it would be a crazy atmosphere as it should be a good game with a playoff atmosphere and it being the PCB would make it even better. Pikeville would also be looking at a 9-game regular season unless they can find an extra game somewhere. I don't really know the percentages on how likely they would be to find a game this late in the cycle.
Harlan has a 9 game season and you are right it is virtually impossible to fill an open spot now. We have been trying for some time now and can't. You are also right about it being a great game for both teams to meet in the PCB. I for one would like to see it. Good luck to you all this season.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I have checked with a source that says it is a possibility but as of now it is still Pikeville vs. Harrison County. And Dungy's theory makes sense about Harrison playing Belfry if another opponent does not come to the PCB for Belfry, but I am also hearing Belfry will be play Highlands. And if that is true, I would imagine it will still be Pikeville vs. Harrison in the PCB and Pikeville vs. Harlan in week 0.

If Pikeville does indeed get Harlan in the PCB, I would love that matchup and it would be a crazy atmosphere as it should be a good game with a playoff atmosphere and it being the PCB would make it even better. Pikeville would also be looking at a 9-game regular season unless they can find an extra game somewhere. I don't really know the percentages on how likely they would be to find a game this late in the cycle.

Can someone explain to me why Pikeville has to be looking at a 9-game regular season because Belfry's opponent backed out?

Pikeville's opponent is honoring their contract. Let Belfry and Franklin Co. deal with their mess. Pikeville needs 10 games more than either of those teams, and while I understand juggling their schedule to help out they should not give up a tenth game under any circumstances. I'm sure everyone can make it work with 10 games on their schedule, but it is NOT up to Pikeville to have their schedule compromised.
I have heard that since pikeville is host to the bowl that they gave Belfry their opponent. Which means they do not have a game unless they can get Harlan to play by getting williamsburg to move their game with Harlan to week 6. Which is a possibility. Just waiting for Williamsburg to okay it. Thats just whats been told on the Harlan thread.
Dragonsdad;1210030[B Wrote:]I have heard that since pikeville is host to the bow[/B]l that they gave Belfry their opponent. Which means they do not have a game unless they can get Harlan to play by getting williamsburg to move their game with Harlan to week 6. Which is a possibility. Just waiting for Williamsburg to okay it. Thats just whats been told on the Harlan thread.

Pikeville and Belfry are co-hosts. Pikeville is not obligated to give Belfry their opponent if Belfry's opponent doesn't honor their contract.
Other than what was reported on the Harlan thread (which was labeled as rumor) I couldn't tell you why they gave Belfry their opponent. Sounds like a very tangled mess to me but I wouldn't mind to play Pikeville in the PCB. Would make for a great game. It all should work out soon or it could really be a mess. If what was reported turns out to be true then it sounds like williamsburg's decision is key to fixing the problem. Harlan and Williamsburg both have open dates in week 6 and would move their game there. That leaves Harlan and Pikeville with open dates in week 0 and playing against each other in week 1 in the PCB instead of regularly scheduled meeting in week 0.
All this is moot if Belfry faces Highlands I would assume, but who knows.
It kinda sounds to me like maybe Highlands is holding out. Why would Bowl personel even aproach Harlan about moving their game? Sounds like a lot of trouble to go through if Highlands was coming or trying to decide whether or not to come.
Pikeville paper said today that Highlands had not returned calls asking if they would play Belfry. Again, not Pikeville's problem.