•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher County Central 2011
So let me ask you a question charlie22. Since talking about it doesn't fix it, what would you do to fix the problem?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Lambert #1 Wrote:COUGARMAMA,
I am definitely not blaming the boys for last year. I just think it was a bad year all the way around and I do think it was mainly because of transition (Change) and it wasn't good for anyone. The coaches came in with a mindset and stuck to it regardless of how bad it got and it wasn't good for our kids. Our kids were used to a certain way of doing things and didn't respond well to the changes they were asked to make. It's OK for our community to dislike a certain way a coach coaches but I think that some of our community turned their backs on the kids along with the coaches and that was horrible for our kids. It was a mess and I for one would love to be able to go back and let it all start over again and maybe everyone would of handled it differently but we can't do that. Hopefully it will get better and back to the way it should be in Letcher County with our boys winning football games and loving the sport they way they used to love it. Hillard was a very hands on coach that spent most of his time developing personal bonds with the kids and let his coordinators worry about the X's and O's portion of it and Mike was not that kind of coach, he's more of an X's and O's type of guy that has a system and sticks to it and always wants to be hands on and have complete control of every aspect. I've known both types of coaches and seen both types do very well, it just didn't work for our guys last year. I do think that (some) parents not all would say things in front of their impressionable child and you know as well as I do that when a kid hears something from Mommy and Daddy they take it to heart and begin to have the same attitudes that they have towards their coaches, so if Daddy thinks that the coach is an idiot and says this in front of them the kid will also think the same and this makes it hard to coach the boys that feel this way. From what I have heard I think the players and coaches have learned an expensive lesson from last year and both sides seem willing to flex and work together this year. The ones that I feel sorry for is the senior's, they were a great bunch of kids that everyone loved but now they don't get a chance to see the changes that will hopefully be made.

Wow. Definitly agree with the mommy/daddy thing. Probably would help if the daddys gave support and continued mining coal. Instead of trying to re live their younger days through their sons, and trying to be a coach instead of a miner. Also it sure would'nt hurt if the mommys gave a little support and continued driving their SUVs around with a cell phone in their ears. Instead of crying out everytime little Johnny gets yelled at.
cougarpride08 Wrote:So let me ask you a question charlie22. Since talking about it doesn't fix it, what would you do to fix the problem?

08, I'm beginning to see what may be part of the problem at LCC. :biggrin:

More seriously, go back and read my prior posts; I suggested instead of griping on a message board, go talk to the coach. If he doesn't see the problems, then go talk to the AD; if he doesn't see the problem, go talk to the principal; if he doesn't see the problem, go to the super and school board. If the problems are as bad and as obvious as you make them to be, then there should be a whole lot of other people in LC that see them and will join you in talking to the folks I referenced.

Do you remember how good CovCath used to be in football? In my opinion their big fall since 06 has had a lot to do with some "fans" second guessing and undermining on another message board the new coach that took over in 07. Players read these sites; they hear what Mommy and Daddy say.
What does our lineup look like as far as offense and defense?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Come on guys. I actually posted about football and not major controversy and no one wants to talk. What is our strength this year? Who is our top players?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I wish I knew more about the Cougars, 08. I would post something. I feel ya dude. It must be frustrating. This sort of thing is going on in other threads also. Some people want to be negative and it ruins it for everybody. Good luck to the cougars this season and to you too.
QB Logan Johnson leading the offense for the Cougars. What kind of O-line will they have returning?
I really not for sure. Drew Bentley, and Chris Tyree will our go to guys on the ground. Keaston Hall will be our wide receiver. As far as the line, I really don't know. Still unsure until the season starts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

The Blair kid will be returning this year for his senior season after knee surgery last year!
So I'm thinking Blair,Feilds,Moore, and the other 2 I'm not real sure on.
The O-line should be pretty darn good this year. As 58 fan stated Blair, Big Sid, Moore will be really good but there is a couple of big, really big youngsters that will be play a big role on that line like Knight, Stanley, Big Willlie and I heard that they may use Stewart on the line a little this year. Coach Bates will have a few more weapons this year as compared to the last. As Cougar08 stated Tyree and Bentley will carry the ball a lot but if Dalton Taylor could get healthy he would give them a run for their money and take some carries away from them. Keaston will be good but his counterpart is just as good and that's Matt Boggs at the receiver spot, both were starters last year and have some great potential and look for big things from both this year. Logan will be Logan and I look for them to all have a better year. I would like to see them line up under center a little bit more than they did last year and balance out the pass to run ratio a little bit better. We don't have the speed at the receiver spot to be a primarily Gun offense. I personally think Logan would be a much better passer as a play action QB and let him work when the LB's are drawn to the run and open up the routes a little bit better. But what do I know, Saturday morning arm chair QB'ing is easy and we have enough second guessing going on right now anyway. Good luck Cougars and I hope you all have a great season. 7 on 7's start in about a week and we will be able to see what the coaches have up their sleeves soon enough.
Pretty good arm chairing analysis. Good luck boys! You win the games in the trenches not on the edges.
Defense will be the key for the cougar.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

UKisN1 Wrote:Pretty good arm chairing analysis. Good luck boys! You win the games in the trenches not on the edges.

:Thumbs:
Any players you guys think will have a impact season or will surprise some?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I think that Dakota Conn could be a huge surprise this year. He didn't play that much last season but he has added on some much needed weight room bulk and he would bring that "Mean/Nasty" aspect to the defense and I think that is what we have been missing for a few years.
Did the Sizemore kid transfer to Hazard? I saw this rumor on another thread.
Don't know! Haven't heard if he did or not. Cougars needed some mean and nasty when it comes to there defense Lambert#1. They were horrible last year, and hopefully a new mentality of defense first will make this cougar team better for years to come.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I say if the coaches would run something other than a 4 front defense and bring back the 5-2 d that Coach Thomas ran they would be fine.. They have the talent for a 5 front with Stewart and Fields on the d line. Tyree will be a key linebacker. Bentley and J. Boggs (matts younger brother) as corners. you can always fill in with Sizemore( if hes still around) as a saftey. Its not rockescience or brain surgery. Run an I-formation O and a 5 front D. When Bentley/Tyree wears out the D some let Taylor rush up the gut for some yards. Passing wise, Matt Boggs and Keaston Hall both have great hands, they may not have the greatest speed but enuff some quick 4-7 yard gains. Bentley also can be used as a WR, he has hands and speed. Turn Bentley loose with a 10 yard slant behind the lb's and watch him go. The O-Line will be able to hold their own with the likes of just about anyone with Fields, Moore, Blair, Smith, and even the Stanley kid has enuff size and speed to play either guard or tackle. I have been around the Sophmores, juniors, and seniors long enuff to know who can do what.. Give the kids some time to adapt to a new O and get back into a 5 front D.. Come this fall the boys on the hill will look completely different from the past 3 win season!!!!
Since this thread is starting to head in a more positive direction...

Not at liberty to give the name just yet...

But....

I believe the Cougars will be much improved defensively this season. New DC will bring back a strong work ethic, a commitment to fundamentals and a whole different level of preparation to the defense!!!
When will we know who the new DC is?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

It's time for some football
Griffin,
Not just yet, we have to cheer the Cougar Baseball and Softball teams on. The girls have advanced to the state already and the boys are playing tomorrow in the regional championship game. Go Cougars..... But then your right, it's time for some much needed football in Cougar Country. New year, New attitude and much better results this year, I can feel it in my Cougar luv'n bones.
Congrates to the soft/baseball teams.... but i am also ready to hear some pads smack!!
One more month guys. When is passing league?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I wish you all had the slightest idea of what is really going on up on the hill. If you want the TRUTH about why LCC WILL NOT win more games this year or for SEVERAL MORE years until the atrocity of a staff we have is long and gone please by all means feel free to send me a PM and you will learn everything you have ever wondered about this team and staff
From all I hear so far, things look great. Some of the players are working really hard in the weight room and they seem really upbeat. Sounds like possible some of the players may be trying new positions and I believe a few of the younger guys are going to really step up. If we can stay healthy, the Cougars will be just fine!
I really hope you are right. They have to committ themselves in the weight room, and have to work together as a team. As long as they do that everything will take care of itself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

No Regrets1 Wrote:I wish you all had the slightest idea of what is really going on up on the hill. If you want the TRUTH about why LCC WILL NOT win more games this year or for SEVERAL MORE years until the atrocity of a staff we have is long and gone please by all means feel free to send me a PM and you will learn everything you have ever wondered about this team and staff

Unfortunately, you are wasting your breath because nobody wants to hear the truth. As parents we went to board members, the AD and the super herself and was pretty much laughed at by all of them, told to tell the boys to 'hang in there' and to 'work harder-to give 100%' and it would be okay. I think they are about to see just how 'okay' things are gonna get. My heart breaks for these boys of LCC.
Guru, you know how I feel, but karma is a funny thing. I will try to be positive and when the time is right I will be myself. When the boosters won't come and work concession and business won't buy ads to the jumbotron, and buy the special seats, then I will post karma, but to really make them feel like everything is ok, Cougars will be fine. The coach staff and the players are getting alone, and we will have a great season. Smile While we are guessing what kind of season we are having. Tennis, Track, Softball, Volleyball, Cross Country, and even wrestling is seeing state tournament action because they have awesome coaches. But yet we still want to talk about how great the football team is. GO COUGARS!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Now that I am back to never land, what kind of offense are we talking about? Is it still going to be the spread or are they going to change that also? Anyone know who the defensive coordinator is going to be? Why is this still going to be a secret? Less than one month till the practice starts but we still don't know who the defensive coordinator is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next