Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 2011 Season
To me it was a bust.just like last year all I keep hearing is that they are young why is that? You heard this first from me they will say it again next year they are young and the year after they are young they need to just start fresh this coach isn't the answer he is banking on a bunch of 8th graders 3 years away what a joke anybody got any input on the matter?:HitWall:
^ I guess we will know once these 8th graders graduate. I've not seen anyone side with you in your entire rant over this season, doubtful anyone comes to your aid now.
I guess I like beating a dead horse.lol
HHS' JV team played around .500 entire season. After the 1st week of the frosh season (when they started out 0-6), the frosh played around .500 ball the rest of the way. The varsity did struggle but the numbers of seniors and juniors on the roster totaled 9.

The numbers in the current 10th and 8th grade are very high and bode well for the future. If they continue to play hardball, I'm confident the varsity will turn the corner too.
I guess all we can do is hope they don't get caught up in that little football program they got at Highlands .lol:lmao:
mrb5150 Wrote:I guess all we can do is hope they don't get caught up in that little football program they got at Highlands .lol:lmao:
When the Highlands baseball players, and parents buy into the baseball program, as the football players and parents have football. Highlands will compete every year in baseball as well. You don't do a very good job covering your motives. Maybe if you make a big protest sign and parade up and down North Ft. Thomas Ave. Maybe then you can get someone to jump on your band wagon. :lmao:
don't need anyone on my wagon he's doing a fine job crashing and burning on his own just think what is he going to do after his beloved 8th grade class is gone since this is all i keep hearing about kids change every year who's to say this class will not flop and then what i guess we start from the beginning again it's funny baseball was pretty good at highlands before the change now will you see were it's headed I hope I'm wrong these kids deserve better.
mrb5150 Wrote:I guess all we can do is hope they don't get caught up in that little football program they got at Highlands .lol:lmao:

To me, Jeremy is gambling that the young baseball players will stick with baseball in the years to follow. Historically that's not been the case and Jeremy's spring break rule in my opinion leads me to conclude that Highlands will always have a small senior group on the team. And no one should ever discount the value of senior leadership.

He's counting on these young kids when they are seniors loving baseball more than spending spring break with their families, their senior buddies, and a week on the beach in the sun with girls wearing small bikinis. It's hard enough for Highlands baseball competing with spring football, but competing with the lure of those skimpy bathing suits is really tough. :biggrin:

I'm hoping that Jeremy's gamble pays off though or if it doesn't, he rethinks his spring break rule. I'd like to see Highlands baseball become really good once again.
I agree!:Clap:
horst muhlmann Wrote:HHS' JV team played around .500 entire season. After the 1st week of the frosh season (when they started out 0-6), the frosh played around .500 ball the rest of the way. The varsity did struggle but the numbers of seniors and juniors on the roster totaled 9.

The numbers in the current 10th and 8th grade are very high and bode well for the future. If they continue to play hardball, I'm confident the varsity will turn the corner too.

Someone who can see without blinders:Clap:
Stardust Wrote:Someone who can see without blinders:Clap:

I think Horst is totally correct in his assessment of the future of Highlands baseball but notice that he qualified his assessment by stating IF the young kids continue to play baseball. Here's hoping that they continue to do so. :Thumbs:

And for the record, I have no blinders on. My kids have all graduated from Highlands. I'm just a fan of Highlands (baseball and everything else associated with Highlands) as well as a huge supporter of Jeremy. If anything, I'm biased towards Jeremy.
Jeremy is a good good and knows the game. I was so impressed with their squad this year. Though the talent level was down, they did things more fundamentally sound than any HHS team that I have seen in years.
bottom line is at some point you have to win games to keep your job .yes the people of the fort have bought into what he's selling for now but after a few years it's starting to get old I'll give it one more year and than the good folks in the fort will want him gone.I got nothing against the man he's just not a good fit at Highlands.work with the upper class and you will have a team.
dd734 Wrote:When the Highlands baseball players, and parents buy into the baseball program, as the football players and parents have football. Highlands will compete every year in baseball as well. You don't do a very good job covering your motives. Maybe if you make a big protest sign and parade up and down North Ft. Thomas Ave. Maybe then you can get someone to jump on your band wagon. :lmao:

No matter how much interest coach Baioni can generate in Jr High and Frosh level---14 & 15 yr olds cannot physically compete with 17-18 yr olds. And as long as there is a Spring Break at HHS, 'Birds baseball will never have the opportunity to be as good as it could be because most of the upperclassman--17 & 18 yr old athletes--are going to choose beaches over baseball tournaments in TN. I feel sorry for Coach Baioni--and I'm glad that he's sticking to his guns over the issue of Spring Break. Unfortunately, neither he nor anyone else will deprive Cake Nation of their Spring Break. And don't get me wrong--I've been a part of the 41075 zip code migration to FL for many years---it's a great time. But if you have a baseball guy in the family, they'll be sorely disappointed come Jr/Sr year when their pals ditch the baseball program in order to go south in April.
mrb5150 Wrote:No matter how much interest coach Baioni can generate in Jr High and Frosh level---14 & 15 yr olds cannot physically compete with 17-18 yr olds. And as long as there is a Spring Break at HHS, 'Birds baseball will never have the opportunity to be as good as it could be because most of the upperclassman--17 & 18 yr old athletes--are going to choose beaches over baseball tournaments in TN. I feel sorry for Coach Baioni--and I'm glad that he's sticking to his guns over the issue of Spring Break. Unfortunately, neither he nor anyone else will deprive Cake Nation of their Spring Break. And don't get me wrong--I've been a part of the 41075 zip code migration to FL for many years---it's a great time. But if you have a baseball guy in the family, they'll be sorely disappointed come Jr/Sr year when their pals ditch the baseball program in order to go south in April.

forgot to mention this came from someone else I agree with it all but the Spring break rule he has.