Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison southern!!!!
The new field strated construction yesterday! :blabbermo
Football45 Wrote:The new field started construction yesterday! :blabbermo

Yes, I passed by there yesterday afternoon on my way to the barber and saw where they had pushed up dirt. The lights were on at 12 in the afternoon which caught my attention. Exciting times at M.S.:popcorn:
I wish they still played rockcastle.
Football 45, Do you play or are you a parent?
I play
Football45 Wrote:The new field strated construction yesterday! :blabbermo
Turf?
yes
I know you guys are not playing rock anymore adn ending a great rivaly game, but who are you playing this year?
former Wrote:I know you guys are not playing rock anymore adn ending a great rivaly game, but who are you playing this year?

How is this game or any game considered a "great rivalry game" when one team is not only dominating the 'W' column, but completely shalacking the opponent as Rock has Madison Southern since well, the beginning, for the most part?

I know Southern hasn't beaten them in the last 15 years.
We always saw it as a rivaly and knew southern would play their A game.

What is the schedule for next year?
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:How is this game or any game considered a "great rivalry game" when one team is not only dominating the 'W' column, but completely shalacking the opponent as Rock has Madison Southern since well, the beginning, for the most part?

I know Southern hasn't beaten them in the last 15 years.

It was considered a rivalry lately in the fact that some of the Rock kids know or are related to some of the Southern kids and don't want to be the first team to be beaten by Southern. The Southern kids that are familiar with the Rock kids want a chance to be the first Southern team to beat Rockcastle. That would have been quite a legacy for them, even in a losing season. Both teams kids', in my opinion, would have liked to have continued the series for a matter of pride. The Madison Southern administration (with whom I'm familiar with a few and related to one or two) did not want to continue the series because of the reason that they were tired of getting beaten by Rockcastle. I think that the new coaching staff would have been up to the challenge of Rockcastle if they had been in place when the schedule/contracts were put into place. Last year Southern led Rockcastle by a score of 13-0 at one point if I'm not mistaken. Southern wore down, especially the line, as the game continued and interior pressure adjustments were made so that the Southern passing game would be slowed down as well. Rockcastle won the game, but, it wasn't by a huge margin. Whether Rockcastle won every game or not, I know that there is respect there from some of the kids from Rockcastle for some of the kids from Southern. There is also a desire to play the game between some of the kids, not because Rockcastle is looking for a team to whip as some on here might conclude, but because of pride between the friends and family of the kids who play. I wish Madison Southern the best this next season, especially to the kids that I'm friendly with or related to on that team. It is a shame that the series didn't continue.
Very true indeed. A lot of fans and players looked forward to that game . Even though one sided, it was fun talking smack to everyone.
I saw a the 27 football preview that southern had ove 80 kids play football this year. Last year they only had 15 or 16. this new coach has got off to a great start. i see them wining at least four games this year.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I saw a the 27 football preview that southern had ove 80 kids play football this year. Last year they only had 15 or 16. this new coach has got off to a great start. i see them wining at least four games this year.

I have some ties to Madison Southern. I really hope they do well.

Good Luck Eagles
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I saw a the 27 football preview that southern had ove 80 kids play football this year. Last year they only had 15 or 16. this new coach has got off to a great start. i see them wining at least four games this year.

Great to hear. They have always had talented (who I believe would be) skill players. I just hope they have some potential linemen in those numbers.
I believe last year they finished the season with 28 players - I heard injuries and eligibility issues were somewhat to blame. Glad to hear they have gotten their numbers up to compete in Class 5A
Offensive Line will continue to be a weak link for Madison Southern. There is an abundance of Skill Players - maybe they can put it together and WIN 4 or 5 games this year.
Their (4) Wins will come against who?
Who does Madison Southern play this weekend? Is it a scrimmage or do they open the Regular Season?
Any pictures of the beginning of construction?

Campbell County just broke ground on their new football facility as well.