Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best glove in the Mountains???
If a Golden Glove award was awarded to one player in the mountains who do you think would get it and why?

There are a lot of good players out there, but how many truly could play any position and do well?

Interesting to see everyone's thoughts
John Wilson from Clay. He is a catcher but would be best player on the field at any position he played.
Clark Keene
^I would have to agree with Clark Keene.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Bob Seger Wrote:Clark Keene
Agreed.
Wilson from Clay, hands down. If we are going with the player that can play any position.
Epperson from mboro
Clark Keene.
Gotta give a little shout out for my own.

Timmy Sublett from Paintsville.

Starts in CF and SS usually. Has started or played 7 of the nine this season. Last season started in 8 of the nine and actually played 5 positions in one game.

I can actually say that he is one true Utility Player. Carries FOUR different gloves in his bag...LOL. Used to have five, then he sold his catcher's gear.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Wilson from Clay, best i've seen this year
Clark Keene
Clark Keene
Although Somerset's Taylor Sears is currently hitting .423, his defense is even more impressive.
Clark Keene is a great third baseman, but I really think that Tanner Sexton from LCC is as pure of an infielder as anyone East of Lexington? Everyone that has seen him play should agree on that? The main reason I would give it to him over Clark is based on his versatility. Tanner could play Third, Second or Shortstop and be just as successful, and i'm not sure that'd be the case with Clark?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Clark Keene is a great third baseman, but I really think that Tanner Sexton from LCC is as pure of an infielder as anyone East of Lexington? Everyone that has seen him play should agree on that? The main reason I would give it to him over Clark is based on his versatility. Tanner could play Third, Second or Shortstop and be just as successful, and i'm not sure that'd be the case with Clark?

Tanner is a great shortstop no doubt, however there is nobody who will take it on the chest like Clark at third. Tanner is morer naturally suited for second because of arm strength, however he does get rid of it in a hurry at SS.

There are several good players from various schools who are good at there positions. For example: Tate Banks-SS, Chandler Shepard-CF from Lawrence, Will Meek-SS from JC, Steve Layne-2B, Gavin Miller-SS from Pikeville, and Kevin Smith-CF from Perry Central. These are just a few and I know there are many more.

With that said I would pick Clark Keene because of all the non routine plays that he makes look absolutely routine. I have not seen a better 3B play in high school since I have been following it for the last 15 years or so.
Daniel (3rd) and Tucker (2nd) have both also proved that they can be relyed on at their positions in Lawrence
Commanche Wrote:Tanner is a great shortstop no doubt, however there is nobody who will take it on the chest like Clark at third. Tanner is morer naturally suited for second because of arm strength, however he does get rid of it in a hurry at SS.

There are several good players from various schools who are good at there positions. For example: Tate Banks-SS, Chandler Shepard-CF from Lawrence, Will Meek-SS from JC, Steve Layne-2B, Gavin Miller-SS from Pikeville, and Kevin Smith-CF from Perry Central. These are just a few and I know there are many more.

With that said I would pick Clark Keene because of all the non routine plays that he makes look absolutely routine. I have not seen a better 3B play in high school since I have been following it for the last 15 years or so.

I agree with you completely about Clark. He is a "gamer" in every since of the word! Tanner will make every routine play that comes to him, but so will Clark. So I guess it gets taken to whom will make more "non-routine" plays? To be honest im not sure Tanner's arm is strong enough to make a spectacular play in the hole, but who knows I could be wrong? Both of them are as legit as it comes in the infield and I would love to have both of them. Like you said though, not enough can be said about a third baseman who has no problem taking a ball off his chest every play for his team? It's still a hard pick for me to make because I know how important the shortstop position is on a baseball field, but both of them deserve it!