Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic Open
Read on another site that Coach Mike Listerman has stepped down as Coach of the Colonels
Coach Listerman has been the head coach of the Colonels since 2002/3 (Don't know about 2001/2, No Coach Listed on KHSAA) with a 183-88 Career Record while he was there with 4 District Championships, 2 Region Championships and 2 State Playoff Appearances

2002/3: 18-10

2003/4: 29-4, District & Region Champions, 3rd Round of State Playoffs

2004/5: 23-7, District Champs, 2nd Round of Region

2005/6: 24-7, District & Region Champions, 1st Round of State Playoffs

2006/7: 24-7, District Champs, 3rd Round Region

2007/8: 21-9, District Runner-up

2008/9: 8-19

2009/10: 18-13 District Runner-up, 2nd Round of Region

2010/11: 18-12 District Runner-up, 1st Round Region
Any word on who will replace him?
Here's a link to the story

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...ball-coach
nky Wrote:Here's a link to the story

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...ball-coach

nky, was he there from 2001/2 or did I get it Right?
Gold Charger Wrote:Any word on who will replace him?

No official word yet, but the 2 guys I think have the best chances of getting it, if they wanted the job are:

Kevin Listerman- former CovCath and NKU standout basketball player. Not sure where he is now, but he was the head coach at Boone County in 2004 when they were regional runner-up, and he's Mike's son.

Michael Bradley- former Villanova standout and NBA player, he's currently the head coach at Summit Country Day in Cincinnati. Was an assistant at CovCath before going to Summit

others that would have a shot at it, and i stress if they wanted it, are:
Mike Code- Brossart
Grant Brennen- NewCath
Tim Sullivan- Cooper
Strikeout King Wrote:nky, was he there from 2001/2 or did I get it Right?
I think so
toussaints Wrote:No official word yet, but the 2 guys I think have the best chances of getting it, if they wanted the job are:

Kevin Listerman- former CovCath and NKU standout basketball player. Not sure where he is now, but he was the head coach at Boone County in 2004 when they were regional runner-up, and he's Mike's son.

Michael Bradley- former Villanova standout and NBA player, he's currently the head coach at Summit Country Day in Cincinnati. Was an assistant at CovCath before going to Summit

others that would have a shot at it, and i stress if they wanted it, are:
Mike Code- Brossart
Grant Brennen- NewCath
Tim Sullivan- Cooper
Wouldn't think Tim Sullivan would take the pay cut to go to CovCAth or get out of the public school retirement system
Outside of the son, not a very impressive list of candidates IMO. You'd think they would have someone in mind that wanted the position before it become open.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Outside of the son, not a very impressive list of candidates IMO. You'd think they would have someone in mind that wanted the position before it become open.

IMO, the first person they ask will be the last one, which is kevin listerman. he left boone county to be an assistant at covcath several years ago. and i dont imagine alot of coaches taking a paycut to coach at covcath, unless theyre at a diocesean school
This job is a good job with talent year in and year out. What do they have returning from the team this year? What is coming up in the lower grades? I am sure the pay at this private school will keep some from being to interested or even applying.
CovCath's Listerman steps down as coach

Posted: 04/26/2011

PARK HILLS, Ky. - Covington Catholic High School’s Mike Listerman is stepping down as the head basketball coach for the all-boys Catholic high school in Park Hills, Ky.

The school announced Listerman’s departure earlier this month. He will continue as a math teacher at the school.

During his 11 years as coach, the Colonels won six district titles, and two regional championships. His 2004 squad advanced to the Final Four in the state tournament. With 230 victories, Listerman ranks second in career wins behind the legendary Dan Tieman.

Listerman was the recipient of several coaching honors, including the Region 3 National High School Athletic Coaches Association Coach of the Year in 2008 and one of eight finalists for the NHSACA National High School Coach of the Year that same year.

http://www.kypost.com/dpp/sports/local_s...n-as-coach
CovCath to interview coaches

Covington Catholic athletics director Mike Guidugli said the school will begin interviewing coaches this week to find the replacement for longtime basketball coach Mike Listerman, who resigned recently.
Guidugli wants to announce the new coach no later than May 20. A source said at least two coaches from Northern Kentucky and two from outside the area are among those who are expected to be interviewed.