Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok Tubby fans explain this one.
We all thought morris was going to go pro.
Tubby knew he was so what does the great recruiter do?

Now I know Loften is gone we could have had him but tubby got Crawford.
I am sick of hearing about he wants people who will stay 4 years, well NC won achampionship last year they all went pro and we got spanked.

Dont call me a fair weather fan i am not i bleed blue but I have watched all that I can. At ky we dont want a sweet 16 we want final four we expect and demand sweet 16.
If I read or hear someone talk about projects anymore i think I will quit.
We suffer thru this crap decade after decade with the football team and nothing happens
This team is a mess.
Why do all these Kentucky players of late so anxious to go to the NBA. It It's like they could care less or lost any desire about winning that national title or going to the final four.
Wheres Bukie now? Is he setting home wishing he would played this year?
You hit the nail on the head. So scared of the great talent leaving early that they dont even go after them.
Doc is right about this. Go after the best, win a Title, let em leave , repeat process..... that aint so bad is it?
I agree with you VV.. But for some reason the players he is getting now are not all stars they are more of projects,but for some reason they think they are NBA caliber players.
Because they went to UK it makes them instant superstars i guess. Well they need to wake up and realize that some it takes hard work. I just didnt understand why he didnt play Carter today and let him bang around, he is by far the best rebounder and the most physical center they have.
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:We all thought morris was going to go pro.
Tubby knew he was so what does the great recruiter do?

Now I know Loften is gone we could have had him but tubby got Crawford.
I am sick of hearing about he wants people who will stay 4 years, well NC won achampionship last year they all went pro and we got spanked.

Dont call me a fair weather fan i am not i bleed blue but I have watched all that I can. At ky we dont want a sweet 16 we want final four we expect and demand sweet 16.
If I read or hear someone talk about projects anymore i think I will quit.
We suffer thru this crap decade after decade with the football team and nothing happens

I can agree with you with Tubby not getting a big man knowing that Morris was going pro after last season..That's the only thing I've ever questioned of Tubby Smith....

As far as Lofton goes, I love the hipocracy of UK fans..Tubby recruits the Mr. Basketballs that turn out to be duds and UK fans say "Don't recruit anymore of them", but then he passes on Lofton because we have the best recruiting class last year without him and people now want Lofton because he turned out to be a diamond in the rough...He had no place for Lofton on this team, and UK doesn't need Lofton, it needs a big center to get in there and raise hell...Crawford was an All-American blue-chip recruit..How was anybody to know he wouldnt be producing at the level he is capable of?
"alfus21" Wrote:I can agree with you with Tubby not getting a big man knowing that Morris was going pro after last season..That's the only thing I've ever questioned of Tubby Smith....

As far as Lofton goes, I love the hipocracy of UK fans..Tubby recruits the Mr. Basketballs that turn out to be duds and UK fans say "Don't recruit anymore of them", but then he passes on Lofton because we have the best recruiting class last year without him and people now want Lofton because he turned out to be a diamond in the rough...He had no place for Lofton on this team, and UK doesn't need Lofton, it needs a big center to get in there and raise hell...Crawford was an All-American blue-chip recruit..How was anybody to know he wouldnt be producing at the level he is capable of?

Lets see yes to Todd Tackett no to Jr Vanhoose. We have 3 seven footer's that add up to 21 feet of crap. I lkied Todd know his family well but he was not UK material JR could have played there. Loften was a excellent high school player and I had the pleasure of watching him play several times. And my friend i wanted him at UK from day one, i watched Loften light Tubby's baby up his senior year and the mason co fans chanted Tubby thru the whole game.
Eventus Stultorum Magister

I can be accused of a lot of things hypocrisy is not one of them.
I have never been a fan of Tubby his style or his recruiting. i do think he is a great bench coach, but i have seen his practice and I am dissapointed.
I have been around for awhile I paid my dues and I am a member of the Alumni association and proud of my school. But between brooks and Tubby they are making me do things that I never did in the past. i dont care if I catch the games or not.
You can defend him all you want and I hope he wins his 28 games sec title and makes it to the sweet 16, if he does then you all kick back and kiss his ass and brag on what a great job he has done.

DRINK the blue KOOL AID, all is fine think what the MAN wants you to
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:Lets see yes to Todd Tackett no to Jr Vanhoose. We have 3 seven footer's that add up to 21 feet of crap. I lkied Todd know his family well but he was not UK material JR could have played there. Loften was a excellent high school player and I had the pleasure of watching him play several times. And my friend i wanted him at UK from day one, i watched Loften light Tubby's baby up his senior year and the mason co fans chanted Tubby thru the whole game.
Eventus Stultorum Magister

I can be accused of a lot of things hypocrisy is not one of them.
I have never been a fan of Tubby his style or his recruiting. i do think he is a great bench coach, but i have seen his practice and I am dissapointed.
I have been around for awhile I paid my dues and I am a member of the Alumni association and proud of my school. But between brooks and Tubby they are making me do things that I never did in the past. i dont care if I catch the games or not.
You can defend him all you want and I hope he wins his 28 games sec title and makes it to the sweet 16, if he does then you all kick back and kiss his ass and brag on what a great job he has done.

DRINK the blue KOOL AID, all is fine think what the MAN wants you to

21 feet of crap? I don't think Carter and Shagari are a lost cause yet..I do think Woo needs to be playing for Alice Lloyd though...Carter is young and could be a very good basketball player with the right drills and practices...I wasn't really meaning to defend Tubby as much as I was wanting to say how stupid it was to think Lofton had a spot on the team when we got 5 players better than him(according to rankings) and used to playing better competition...Nobody could have looked into a crystal ball and seen Lofton playing good at UK...

I dont know what to say about the rest of your comments except to take it easy before you have a stroke...No need to act ridiculous like that about it...
When has Tubby ever paid attention to player rankings he has always said he wants players who will stay for the long haul. He has made that comment so many times. Tubby thinks defense first, offense 2nd, and guess what, he has to adapt to his talent, they can't hit from outside and he has no inside game.

And a word of advise don't ever tell me to take easy....................
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:When has Tubby ever paid attention to player rankings he has always said he wants players who will stay for the long haul. He has made that comment so many times. Tubby thinks defense first, offense 2nd, and guess what, he has to adapt to his talent, they can't hit from outside and he has no inside game.

And a word of advise don't ever tell me to take easy....................

You're pretty hot headed right now, and I really don't know what you're trying to say there, but I don't think there's too much left to say here...

And oh yeah...Thanks for the advice, by the way...Take it easy... :thumb:
lmao
The thing is Tubby is going after the top players AND he's losing them to No Carolina, Duke, and Georgia Tech.
Kentucky just needs some big and strong physical players down low. Players that can bang around in the post, block some shots, and get some rebounds. The 3 beanpolls we got now get pushed around like 8th graders would in a varsity high school game.

Jared Carter has potential if he gains some weight and gets stronger. But he lacks the physical build and will be pushed around until then.

Shargari has the most talent of the 3. If Shag wasnt a bean poll he could be a dominating player.

Woo.. He isn't a D1 player at all.
i just think kentucky would be a good team, but tubby play 12 ppl 10 mins each, no one could get ne kind of rytheme or catch fire, when some one hit two or three shoots in a role tubby will take them out , all im saying is tubby needs to let the 8 best players play and **** the rest there time will come as the get more experence
Good Post Doc, took the words right out of my mouth.
Maybe Tubby needs to have the Cats watch UK's women play. They are undefeated:High5:
I don't like Tubby...I've never liked Tubby!! A great coach is someone who can bring the best out of his players and if the past few games are the best in this team then forget it!!!

I love UK...I have always loved UK and always will. I remember standing in line at the Pikeville Dawahares for over an hour to get Kyle Macy and Sam Bouie's autograph when I was little. They were superstars!
Hate to disagree but I always thought Bowie was the worst player UK ever had or will have. He seems to be a nice guy and is a good ball player but if he would have given 100% when he played then yes he would have been a superstar but he wasn't he was LAZY he was always the last one back down court at both ends. That's the exact same reason I was thrilled Tubby didn't go after JR. Vanhoose and that's why he didn't live up to all the hype. Everyone wanted UK to have a 7 footer well we've got them and yes I agree Woo is terrible, Shag is close behind but when he played in the tourney at Lexington his senior year in HS everyone around the state couldn't stop talking about what a steal Tubby was getting. As for Carter I think he could and might be a good player but no star. Melvin Turpin was alot better than Sam Bowie.

Tubby picking the wrong players what about the guy who passed on Michael Jordan to take the superstar Sam Bowie. Now thats funny.

I've watched UK play for 30 years and I've seen them win and lose when they shouldn't. I've punched to many holes in walls to count, broken at least three lamps, tore down 20 feet of fence and who knows what else while watching them at work with the TV hide in a desk, in the hospital while my daughter was sick, in the hospital when by daughter was about to enter, in a police station, listening to them on radio while fighting fire and several other ways. This team is Kentucky and thats why we love them so and it hurts each of us when they don't play they're best but would you kick your kid out of your house if he makes a few mistakes or doesn't do something the way you think it should be done. The bottom line is we're spoiled.

Other than UCLA we have more championship's in college basketball than anyone else. Duke and UNC combined don't have more than UK but yet that's the first teams we're compared to.

If not for coach Wooden UK would have the most. We're number one in wins all time not just for a 10 to 20 year run. All time no matter whom we've had.

If the great Pitino had let Derek Anderson play we would have yet another championship. But I think he made a mistake and I though he made a mistake in the 92 Duke game. But was I calling for his head no. I supported him and the Cats just like I'm supporting Tubby and this group of Cats. If we go .500 or lower I'll be right there with you. But until then GO CATS!
"CatDawg" Wrote:Tubby picking the wrong players what about the guy who passed on Michael Jordan to take the superstar Sam Bowie. Now thats funny.

Other than UCLA we have more championship's in college basketball than anyone else. Duke and UNC combined don't have more than UK but yet that's the first teams we're compared to.

If the great Pitino had let Derek Anderson play we would have yet another championship. But I think he made a mistake and I though he made a mistake in the 92 Duke game.
ok first. The guy who passed on Jordan didnt coach UK then nor does he now, so that little fact dont matter to the present situation.

second, we do have more than anyone else except UCLA but we have only had 3 in the past 28 years! that is not acceptable to me. Plus how many Finla Fours we been in the past 20 years? Far less than those we are compared to.

third, Pitino did make a huge mistake in Anderson and in 92. you are def right and no i didnt call for his head either. Also Christian Lattener shouldn't have been in the game after he kicked Timberlake. so UK and Pitino got screwed there.
Couldn't agree more about Lattener he should have been out of the game.

The Bowie comment was just being stated due to Pirate Pal bringing him up. Geez what a waste.

How many has UCLA won in the past 28 years?

We're just spoiled. Plan and simple.
"CatDawg" Wrote:How many has UCLA won in the past 28 years?
1 that i can think of. i was mostly talkin about Duke and UNC in the comparison.

Yes we UK fans are spoiled and we should be. We should expect and demand Finals Fours. Greatest tradition in college basketball.
I thought this thread may be .............................................relavant?
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:ok first. Also Christian Lattener shouldn't have been in the game after he kicked Timberlake. so UK and Pitino got screwed there.

I had class with him, "Catch You Next Tues" was my Motto with timberlake he was an art major who cared nothing for playing
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Maybe Tubby needs to have the Cats watch UK's women play. They are undefeated:High5:
osehead you are suppose to type something with the quote
I think that Tubby can coach.... He can coach to play with a team. If you really have noticed, he hardly every blows anyone out. They may win by 10 or less 85-90% of the time when they win... His style of play is to play not to lose. I can't stand watching it... In the 90s UK played to crush people, remember the NCAA tournaments??? UK would win the first 3 rounds by 30 or more, jumping on the opponenet and not letting up until they were up at least 30. With Tubby, it seams like they just want to stay in the game, not win. This years team is more so lacking HEART. They hardly show emotion, that is a major problem, that is also something you can't coach. Either you have it or you don't
hey doc spell horse head right....lol
I love UK, always have always will no matter what. This year the problem started with the recruiting. Im sorry but no UK team should get beat by 30 like they did by Kansas. Then turn around and play like they did tonight...their excuse before was wait until we get Morris back what is it now? UK will be ok come tourn. time i think (or maybe it is i hope so buch). I think it is time to get a new coach at UK. Until then Kentucky basketball won't be as exciting as we are use to. I hate Pitino now, but the truth is I would love to see us get a coach like him back coaching our boys in blue.
we def need some shooters coming in. maybe some rebounders. quit gettin projects