Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds 11 - Pirates 2
The Reds came to play today and brought the big sticks with them.

WP - M. Leake (2-0)
LP - J. McDonald (0-1)

Home Runs:

Reds (4) - J. Gomez 2 (5, Solo & 2-Run), R. Hernandez 1 (2, Grand Slam), D. Stubbs 1 (3, 2-Run)

M. Leake (Cin) 6.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 6 SO, O HR

J. McDonald (Pit) 4.1 IP, 9 H, 7 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 2 So, 2 HR

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=310416117
How about the stix for the Reds thus far? 86 runs scored in 14 games.
Doesn't get any better than that.
It was fun to watch the Reds bust out. When Leake pitches, the Reds are now averaging over 10 runs scored. I think he should pitch every game the rest of the year Smile
^Only if that was possible Dust. lol
Glad to see the Reds bounce back from last night and come out swinging!! I hope they can keep this up!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Massett still throws too many balls. With 2 K's he still threw 24 pitches in that inning. That is over 200 pitches per 9 innings!!!!

Good win for the Reds
I didn't get to watch the game, but saw the highlights and recaps on it. Honestly, I expected something like this to happen yesterday, but hey, I'll take it any day.

I figured after being frustrated by all the long-balls that never went out in San Diego, the Reds were due for a homer fest.

Jonny Gomes gets a lot of crap from people, but he is hot right now. If we can keep him from fizzling out halfway through the season (like last year), we'll be money this season.

Good showing by Leake considering he wasn't scheduled to start today. How about Votto hitting .451?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reds are swinging the lumber this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
BTW, what the heck is up with Bruce?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Johnny Cueto started his rehab assignment last night for Louisville.

He pitched 3.1 innings, gave up 2 hits, 2 runs (1 earned), walked 2 batters and struck out 4.

Louisville lost the game tho 7-1.
OffTheHook Wrote:Reds are swinging the lumber this year.

Started over the last half of the season last year. Maybe he was a flash in the pan. Excellent defensive player, but has not been a consistent hitter in a very long time.