Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT IS THE WORST FOOTBALL FIELD TO PLAY ON ???
My choices would be Bell County and Madison Central.
Fleming Neon or the old South Floyd field, which I guess doesn't count anymore.
FLEMING NEON when we played there it was 120% mud
Fleming Neon...Jenkins wasn't that impressive either
maybe 150% all i know was you couldnt even see the numbers on the jersies
i have never played on this field before, but from the looks of it, East Ridge's field isn't in the best condition. It looks pretty rocky from the stands.
Fleming-Neon always had the dust bowl, and rocks. Pikeville's got bad the last year they had real grass too. But Neon definitely had the worst field ever.
Fleming Neon a.k.a. "The Dust Bowl" the year after the flood when the ground hardened and was covered by rocks, broken glass, and trash. Elkhorn City's field wasn't the nicest of things. The football/baseball field had a tree in the corner of the end zone and the lights were terrible. South Floyd had a rough one as did Pburg's old field.
Aside from a few rocks SF's old one wasn't that bad...lol

Neon was horrible...
"The Rock" Sheldon Clark's field. In the late 90's this place was a mess. I don't knwo how it is now though.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:"The Rock" Sheldon Clark's field. In the late 90's this place was a mess. I don't knwo how it is now though.

it is still rocky and has some sort of shrapnel on it. It will cut you up
Allen Centrals old field was terrible.

"The Pit" was also pretty rough.
The Dust Bowl

But thats what made it so great....haha
I mean almost anyone around here knows where the Dust Bowl is.
Fleming Neons field by far.... it was reported to had sewage running across it during the playing season...the mud was almost ankle deep, my father even tells me of his old whitesburg days (74,75) when he played there, said it was horrible then
i did have a picture of the Pikeville-Neon game
the field was horrible and the pic shows
you cant eve tell the Pikevilles jeresys are white
if i hadnt lost the pic i owuld post it on here
sry
I can get you a pic from that game if you'd like D30..... Not only was the mud on the jerseys and pants, but i was cleaning it out of my helmet and cleats for a week, i've seen people mud wrestle and not get that dirty
Definately the dust bowl... that feild is awful wet or dry
cawood is terrible, from shelby valleys used to be nice, but when i played there it was raining and sucked, but by far the worst field i played on in high school was Morgan County's.
Allen Central has bermuda grass?
dose anyone know of a team that uses this type besides them???

The soil was spongey, grass was dead and easily torn, and a certain linemen was telling me he thought we were playing in sewage lol
PB42 if you can please get me a pic it would be much appreciated
Sure thing, if u want one quick though, talk to choclate skunk lmao
haha how can i get them off of him?
see i saw a pic the other day when pikeville's starters were still in and they were absolutely covere
it was on the internet but i can remember the site
wouldve been a great pic to post on here
Yea really, thats proably the one i was thinking of.....

Grundys, Hazards 2003, and Breathitt Co.s 2003 Field weren't much a field ethier
wasnt the pic that i was wanting
but give it a look'
http://img177.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img177&a...to72lt.png
Nothin can top the old snake pit at brackett field, where south floyd use to play.
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:Allen Central has bermuda grass?
dose anyone know of a team that uses this type besides them???

The soil was spongey, grass was dead and easily torn, and a certain linemen was telling me he thought we were playing in sewage lol

Somerset uses bermuda grass....
Back in the day, Allen Central used to play on fish net. The fish net was laid on the field to try to get grass to grow, but it never would. This may have changed over the past several years. Hazard, Paintsville, Middlesboro, Corbin, and Williamsburg all play on the bermuda grass surface.
Are you sure it wasn't sod. When you first lay sod it has a fishnet type of thing holding it together. It still sucks, but I was just trying to maybe explain what it was.
I remember playing at the Rock (Sheldon Clark's field) back in grade school. And I tell ya it hurt when the play was called to you, the field hurt more than the hit! lol...
Leslie County, South Laurel, Clay County, Knott County Central, Bell County, Middlesboro, and Perry County Central all have awesome bermuda fields. I think Paintsville and Johnson Central do too.