•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 2011
Big Five-0- Wrote:lol! I just heard a few hrs. ago, that at least two from valley are transferring into P.H.S. to play football. Hmmm!

Trust me, no SV players are going to PHS. According to some people from P'ville that I've talked with, the opposite may happen! :dontthink
Coach R Wrote:Trust me, no SV players are going to PHS. According to some people from P'ville that I've talked with, the opposite may happen! :dontthink

Sorry Coach. Don't think so . Why would any players from a solid program such as Pikeville transfer to a mess such as valley? :dontthink
Shelby Valley has some young talented players for the upcoming years.
Wow good luck to PC...why on earth would they want Norman? BUT we don't care as long as he is gone. As far as his son we had second and even third string that was better than he was. No loss at all in the VALLEY..
Coach Hampton has earned the head coach position but as always politics will rear its ugly head. He has done an excellent job with pre season strengthening and conditioning. The boys are in the best condition they have EVER been. Roberts would be an asset as an assistant too. Norman met with the boys on Friday saying that he was turning in his resignation and going to Pike Central and his son is as well. Not sure why the resignation as his job posted on the BOE website weeks ago and the Principal made it clear to everyone he would not be back.
SV= the places head coaches go to hurt their career's. There biggest suscess came with Saunders and he left a boad load of talent because the community is a nuthouse. His best season was also 5 wins.
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:Wow good luck to PC...why on earth would they want Norman? BUT we don't care as long as he is gone. As far as his son we had second and even third string that was better than he was. No loss at all in the VALLEY..

So you mean to tell me that Shelby Valley had two QB's that were better ? I wasnt aware that Norman even had a back up, if he went down they just but Coach Normans other son at QB and snapped him the ball.

If Coach Normans sons were not at Shelby Valley last season they probably wouldn't have even won a game. They had no other QB nor RB. His Sons Zack and Tim accounted for 2400 yards rushing and 22 rushing Td's and 3300 yards and 70 tackles on defense, and 32 of the teams 40 tds on the season. lol

The year before Normans other son Dylan, a Pikeville College signee was also the best lineman on the 8 win Shelby Valley team, no one will argue that, and DN was named HM All State.

:lmao:
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:Wow good luck to PC...why on earth would they want Norman? BUT we don't care as long as he is gone. As far as his son we had second and even third string that was better than he was. No loss at all in the VALLEY..

Oh also, just because Coach N couldnt handle the madhouse soap opera that is Shelby Valley, doesn't mean he can't coach and handle kids. I mean Shelby Valley has in the past had kid fight coaches, quit during games, etc. People really think its embarrassing.
I am not going to argue about a kids talent. I think with a better coach his son will def do better. Could they have won as many games without them of course they could have...but the losses were not because of the boys but the coaching. Had his boys along with the team had a better coach they would have won many more games. It had nothing to do with the talent of the kids..definitely lack of coaching skills. I would say his son will do even better with appropriate coaching.I just know that there are boys on the team and upcoming that are as good or better. Now you want to talk about drama - I will not go into it but Norman himself brought the drama. Look at his history and that is obvious as he has never stayed anywhere very long. His wins in his first season had NOTHING to do with him. Those wins were because of the training and skills Saunders left behind. Saunders did not leave because of the community he left because of lack of support from the school and boe as well as a much better offer that allowed him to be with his son and family. If the school and boe have a percentage of the support for a coach that knows what he is doing as they had for Norman this school will have an awesome season and even better future.
Okay......but who are you talking about???

You mentioned that there was better players than his son, a second and third string? Who?
Every school has issue's, Shelby Valley's inst community support, they have the best facilities around, a principle that doesnt even know what goin on, so he doesnt mess with you. (same for the AD). Big numbers, solid crowds, great boosters.

The problem is the drama, its like days of our lives episodes over there, just look at the threads on this forum. This site is kept alive by Shelby Valley. Everyone is a coach, everyone knows whats best, the crappy thing for everyone at Valley, they have never won, ever. NEVER EVER. two season with over 5 wins in school history.
UKFootball Wrote:two season with over 5 wins in school history.

SV may be weak traditionally speaking with football but at least bring facts to the table. They won 9 in 1999, 6 in 2007, and 8 in 2009. So they've at least 3. :rockon: By the way I'm being sarcastic on bragging about this. I'm pretty sure they had more than 5 wins a couple times early in the school's history including their first year ever as a school when they won 7 I think.
Every parent loves their son more than the next. Parents know more than the coaches. Play calling is great when they are winning, play calling is awful when you're losing. Coaching antics and personalities that might not be P.C are "funny", "amusing", etc., when winning, but when you're losing, then they are "detrimental" to the team.

I have no idea what exactly went on at SV, I can just speak of most places that I know who have struggled with parental/booster issues. UK, I agree with you though, SV should be a place that thrives. Their facilities are the best kept secret in all of Kentucky. CAM is the best in the mountains, but I'd put Johnson Central and SV 2nd, with LCC, Pikeville, Hazard, Sheldon Clark in the not so far behind next tier.
Let the players play, let the coaches coach, and if your a parent be a parent and stay out of the teams business. If you don't want your kid playing for a coach then tell him to not play. The stuff going on at SV has nothing to do with coaching or the players as far as that goes. They had a good coaching staff the last two seasons, from the top down. Now because of parents trying to run things they have lost at least 2 good coaches and may loose more. Put your tissues up and stop crying when your kid don't play. Norman made a big mistake caring for not only the kids on the team but their families as well. I hope he learned from that.
False Hope Wrote:Let the players play, let the coaches coach, and if your a parent be a parent and stay out of the teams business. If you don't want your kid playing for a coach then tell him to not play. The stuff going on at SV has nothing to do with coaching or the players as far as that goes. They had a good coaching staff the last two seasons, from the top down. Now because of parents trying to run things they have lost at least 2 good coaches and may loose more. Put your tissues up and stop crying when your kid don't play. Norman made a big mistake caring for not only the kids on the team but their families as well. I hope he learned from that.

Nicely Put, most of the parents at Valley would agree. I just hope we get someone as good as norman. Some of the names I have heard for the job are just silly. I will find a way for kid to go to PHS or PC if they hire the wrong person. I am sick of the Days of our Lives attitude at this school, and am not going to put up with it the next six years.
UKFootball Wrote:So you mean to tell me that Shelby Valley had two QB's that were better ? I wasnt aware that Norman even had a back up, if he went down they just but Coach Normans other son at QB and snapped him the ball.

If Coach Normans sons were not at Shelby Valley last season they probably wouldn't have even won a game. They had no other QB nor RB. His Sons Zack and Tim accounted for 2400 yards rushing and 22 rushing Td's and 3300 yards and 70 tackles on defense, and 32 of the teams 40 tds on the season. lol

The year before Normans other son Dylan, a Pikeville College signee was also the best lineman on the 8 win Shelby Valley team, no one will argue that, and DN was named HM All State.

Dylan was never a member of the Pikeville College Football Team. Your facts are already misleading.
Real Badman Wrote:Dylan was never a member of the Pikeville College Football Team. Your facts are already misleading.

UKFootball Wrote:So you mean to tell me that Shelby Valley had two QB's that were better ? I wasnt aware that Norman even had a back up, if he went down they just but Coach Normans other son at QB and snapped him the ball.

Come Real, your better than that.
And yes, he did sign with Pikeville.
UKFootball Wrote:Okay......but who are you talking about???

You mentioned that there was better players than his son, a second and third string? Who?

Corey Griffith played second string Quarterback. I recall watching him play in a game after Zach Norman got a concussion. I do belive it was against Pulaski County (correct me if I'm wrong). Where he led Valley to its first scoring drive. Had a few good complete passes with a TD pass I beleive. He aslo had a 2-PT conversion pass.
False Hope Wrote:And yes, he did sign with Pikeville.

Yes, he signed with Pikeville College but later went to Morehead State where he DOES NOT play football.
False Hope Wrote:Let the players play, let the coaches coach, and if your a parent be a parent and stay out of the teams business. If you don't want your kid playing for a coach then tell him to not play. The stuff going on at SV has nothing to do with coaching or the players as far as that goes. They had a good coaching staff the last two seasons, from the top down. Now because of parents trying to run things they have lost at least 2 good coaches and may loose more. Put your tissues up and stop crying when your kid don't play. Norman made a big mistake caring for not only the kids on the team but their families as well. I hope he learned from that.
False Hope your name says alot about you...You obviously are trying to make someone look good that isn't or even defending yourself. The issues with Norman had NOTHING to do with playtime. Apparently you are also not a parent because you don't have your child stop playing because of issues that happened with Norman and the team. The issues happened with starter players all the way down to Freshman players. What happened at Shelby Valley had everything to do with coaching and the boys as far as the players, parents and community not supporting him and his way of coaching and interacting with the players- PC will see. However, this is not the reason we are told he was not going to be hired back as HC. It had nothing to do with how he cared for families - he made it very clear that parents were not to talk to him about their child and football. The coaches that matter to the boys and Valley are still there and will be..Hampton and Roberts will be there because they are there for the right reasons- the betterment of the football program and passion for Shelby Valley and its players.
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:False Hope your name says alot about you...You obviously are trying to make someone look good that isn't or even defending yourself. The issues with Norman had NOTHING to do with playtime. Apparently you are also not a parent because you don't have your child stop playing because of issues that happened with Norman and the team. The issues happened with starter players all the way down to Freshman players. What happened at Shelby Valley had everything to do with coaching and the boys as far as the players, parents and community not supporting him and his way of coaching and interacting with the players- PC will see. However, this is not the reason we are told he was not going to be hired back as HC. It had nothing to do with how he cared for families - he made it very clear that parents were not to talk to him about their child and football. The coaches that matter to the boys and Valley are still there and will be..Hampton and Roberts will be there because they are there for the right reasons- the betterment of the football program and passion for Shelby Valley and its players.

I don't think Norman was not allowed to return. He made the decision on his own. I have heard the players are really sad to see him go. Some of this stuff people are posting is bogus. I heard the principal wanted him back but could not convince him to stay. If what he did is so bad why is he still a teacher. I think some people are blowing things way out of proportion imo. :dontthink

Keep the players out of it. It don't matter if it is the coaches son or not, there is no reason to trash talk kids. HOw would you feel if they posted negative:redboxer: things about your kid?
GameBreaker Wrote:Yes, he signed with Pikeville College but later went to Morehead State where he DOES NOT play football.

Someone understood what I said. Thank you.
Wow...I feel like I'm reading a script from a soap opera.
I will say this much. I saw the Pike County Bowl game this past season. I don't think that loss helped his campaign very much. The ER staff put it all over them. It was obvious they were out coached.
We all that is over, let it go. Who will be your new coach? Two guys that are mention will last about 10 minutes with this community. What is the word?
Xerxes Wrote:We all that is over, let it go. Who will be your new coach? Two guys that are mention will last about 10 minutes with this community. What is the word?

I agree Xerxes, time to put last year in the books and move forward!
This is my final input on the matter because it is the PAST. His position posted on the BOE website weeks before he met with the boys to say that he was going to "resign". He hasn't been allowed in the weight room in a few months. We all know there are times that the BOE will allow people to "resign" rather that terminating them. As far as continuing to teach. I personally don't think the reasons he was not considered for next season as coach had anything to do with teaching. He will of course finish his teaching year out at Valley but told the boys he would be going to PC. There are not a handful of kids that care that he is gone and those are younger boys. I think the boys will miss his son because he was a friend to most and hate that he is leaving. Cory Griffith or Mason Johnson either one could easily step into that position and do as well or better. Most likely will be Griffith from what is being said but no one knows until the new coach is on board. IMO it is officially the past and time to move on. The boys are conditioned well thanks to HAMPTON and ready for spring practice and more excited than they have been for a very long time. Several of the seniors met at the BOE the very evening Norman told them he was leaving in support of HAMPTON just to tell the super. what a great job he has done and that he deserves a chance. Best of luck to these boys...hoping the principal will make a better decision than the last hire and this team can achieve what they are capable of achieving. SUBJECT CLOSED for me -moving on and wishing Norman the best at PC.
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:This is my final input on the matter because it is the PAST. His position posted on the BOE website weeks before he met with the boys to say that he was going to "resign". He hasn't been allowed in the weight room in a few months. We all know there are times that the BOE will allow people to "resign" rather that terminating them. As far as continuing to teach. I personally don't think the reasons he was not considered for next season as coach had anything to do with teaching. He will of course finish his teaching year out at Valley but told the boys he would be going to PC. There are not a handful of kids that care that he is gone and those are younger boys. I think the boys will miss his son because he was a friend to most and hate that he is leaving. Cory Griffith or Mason Johnson either one could easily step into that position and do as well or better. Most likely will be Griffith from what is being said but no one knows until the new coach is on board. IMO it is officially the past and time to move on. The boys are conditioned well thanks to HAMPTON and ready for spring practice and more excited than they have been for a very long time. Several of the seniors met at the BOE the very evening Norman told them he was leaving in support of HAMPTON just to tell the super. what a great job he has done and that he deserves a chance. Best of luck to these boys...hoping the principal will make a better decision than the last hire and this team can achieve what they are capable of achieving. SUBJECT CLOSED for me -moving on and wishing Norman the best at PC.

Do you think cory or mason are capable of stepping up and leading the team as shelby valleys new quarterback?
Neither one of them has had much experience on the offense.
Both of them were defensive players.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next