Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 73 - Breathitt County 66 (OT) (14th Region - 1st RD)
Wall4president Wrote:Glad to see one of Bentley's old Assistant Coaches from Bell Co. wearing the stripes in this one, I'm sure they had a lot of catching up to do. Wink

Quoted from the great zaga_fan
"ah boys...."
Breathitt had a 16 point lead, in the 3rd.. Crying about the officiating here is a poor excuse.
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:can't believe breathitt gave this one away. estill might play hard, but that's about it. not a very talented team, knott should steam roll em.

Great job Estill. If I'm not mistaken Knott lost to Powell county this year. Give it all you got guys represent the 56th. We are cheering you on.TongueirateSho
Ballers Wrote:Strikeout King, where you at this game? This is the first time this season I have seen Estill play and let me tell you.. Those kids have heart.. Most electrifying game I have seen in a while... Much props to Estill Co. on a BIG come back.. The game was crazy.. I can't believe that little guy clutched those free throws at the end.. He had to have both or else Estill didn't stand a chance of going to the next round.. I figured big #1 when I seen him in warm-ups would provide more than he did. Either way, great win for Estill.. and in the 4th quarter it was the #21 (billy goat) show..

This isn't the 1st time I've watched them play but it is the first time I've watched them under Jon Bentley. The only reason I remember watching them before is how their bands plays the sound of a train when they hit the floor.

Nope i wasn't able to make it to it Sad but i was still listening in on the radio. i was screaming, clapping and everything. He's A Very Good Coach And We're Glad That We Have Him!
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:can't believe breathitt gave this one away. estill might play hard, but that's about it. not a very talented team, knott should steam roll em.
Okay...:eyeroll:
Just like Knott steam-rolled Powell when they lost by 11 to the Pirates. Estill beat Powell in both of their matchups this year.
Ballers Wrote:Breathitt had a 16 point lead, in the 3rd.. Crying about the officiating here is a poor excuse.

Exactly, couldn't do anything until they got close enough for it to matter and look what happens. Call a foul on someone that has the inside position on a rebound saying he pushed someone to get it, B.S., Breathitt put their self in that position yes, but the call was awful and it forced overtime, terrible call.Confusedhh:
Wall4president Wrote:Exactly, couldn't do anything until they got close enough for it to matter and look what happens. Call a foul on someone that has the inside position on a rebound saying he pushed someone to get it, B.S., Breathitt put their self in that position yes, but the call was awful and it forced overtime, terrible call.Confusedhh:

From What i heard on the Radio, Calls Went Both Ways, There Were some missed calls, Some Calls that were called that shouldn't have been called.

On Other Notes, Trevor Jones (EC) Was Named MVP Of This Game
Good job Estill, way to represent the 56th.
Good luck with Knott.
Wall4president Wrote:Exactly, couldn't do anything until they got close enough for it to matter and look what happens. Call a foul on someone that has the inside position on a rebound saying he pushed someone to get it, B.S., Breathitt put their self in that position yes, but the call was awful and it forced overtime, terrible call.Confusedhh:

Still, you can't blame a freakin' 16 point blown lead in a quarter on the refs..
That's a joke.. Get real..
Breathitt couldn't finish the game, and The Engineers executed the way they should have.. Get over it.

The kid at the end had to sink the free throws to put it in OT. If he would have missed one it was game over.. What Breathitt should have done was run the clock down and try to get a shot.. EC's press killed them in the 4th anyways... and Breathitt showed that they have no true ball handlers what-so-ever. They had a big # of turn overs in the 4th.. What does that tell you?
Those years under Hatcher, imo was huge for Bentley. He's turned out to be a good young coach. Was it just me, or was Estill playing Hatcher ball last night? Smile
Aslan Wrote:Those years under Hatcher, imo was huge for Bentley. He's turned out to be a good young coach. Was it just me, or was Estill playing Hatcher ball last night? Smile

LOL, noticed that too, looks like Bentley learnt a little something from the old man. I like that idea.
I haven't seen a press like Estills this year... When applied in the 4th Breathitt didn't know how to act..
Strikeout King Wrote:you all won't steam roll, you may beat us monday but it you all won't steam roll. how do you get that we're not talented? looks to me like we got talent cause if we didn't, then we would be 0-30. If we would have beat the teams that just barley beat us, we would be 27-4 and one of the best teams in Region

i've seen estill twice this year. they are the least talented team of the four remaining. they have no size, no athlete's, and they can't keep up with teams that are more talented then them and they of course struggle against a team with any size. breathitt's big boy could have had a field day but didn't. knott will out rebound them by double digits, they'll score multiple fast break points, and they should win this game by double digits. there's no way this estill team would be 27-4, no matter what schedule they played. they played a very weak schedule, they should be 24-7 but they couldn't even beat teams like morgan county, jackson county, and model who have a combined record of 29-52.

guardtheball Wrote:Im glad you feel that way tell all your players not to worry Estill has no talent cant play a lick if i was Knott i would not even warn up just show up and it's a win i might no t even dress my startes save them for Tue,night. Estill is just a step sister in this great 14th Reg. Knott just believe ever thing people it's going to be a cake walk.

haha, i don't even like knott central pal. i still see them giving your engineers a beating. in all honesty they should win big, but then again they could win by a bucket or even lose. my opinion, a double digit win.

LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Okay...:eyeroll:
Just like Knott steam-rolled Powell when they lost by 11 to the Pirates. Estill beat Powell in both of their matchups this year.

knott has way better quality wins then estill pal. and again, i'm not even a knott county fan. went to school there but hate that place and all it stands for. with all that, i still expect them to win.
I would like to say congrats to coach Doug Noble and his effort for letting estill come back 16 in the 4th. J.Bentley may be a name we will hear for a while around here but hopefully this game will end the Doug Noble era at Breathitt never in my life last night had i seen such a pathetic game plan come in the 4th quarter playing guys who had no buisness in the game at that time. Hopefully the Breathitt people will open their eyes and let that be Noble and Hensley's last game at Breathitt.
Aslan Wrote:Breathitts assistant coaches were more vocal and involved in the game than Noble. What's up with that?

Coach Noble has laryngitis, at least that was what I was told at school today. In any means he is not a very vocal coach during the game, it's just not his style.
Altro Cat Wrote:Coach Noble has laryngitis, at least that was what I was told at school today. In any means he is not a very vocal coach during the game, it's just not his style.

Wish he would have kept the laryngitis in the 4th quarter
One of Breathitt's coaches missed the memo about business casual Thursday lol
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:i've seen estill twice this year. they are the least talented team of the four remaining. they have no size, no athlete's, and they can't keep up with teams that are more talented then them and they of course struggle against a team with any size. breathitt's big boy could have had a field day but didn't. knott will out rebound them by double digits, they'll score multiple fast break points, and they should win this game by double digits. there's no way this estill team would be 27-4, no matter what schedule they played. they played a very weak schedule, they should be 24-7 but they couldn't even beat teams like morgan county, jackson county, and model who have a combined record of 29-52.

haha, i don't even like knott central pal. i still see them giving your engineers a beating. in all honesty they should win big, but then again they could win by a bucket or even lose. my opinion, a double digit win.

knott has way better quality wins then estill pal. and again, i'm not even a knott county fan. went to school there but hate that place and all it stands for. with all that, i still expect them to win.

You may be right. Maybe Knott's played a killer schedule. I agree, it is stronger than Estill's. But Knott lost to a lot of those good teams that they played too. What standout wins have they had other than beating Betsy Layne by 2 on the road? They beat a Bryan Station team in a tournament at Bourbon County, but the Defenders are having a down year for them. Knott has beaten the teams they should have beaten and lost to the teams they should have lost to. And there's still that 11 point loss at Powell County, a team that couldn't get past the first round of the 56th district tournament. You make it sound like Estill has no chance in this game, and you probably said the same thing about Powell before they played the Patroits.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:You may be right. Maybe Knott's played a killer schedule. I agree, it is stronger than Estill's. But Knott lost to a lot of those good teams that they played too. What standout wins have they had other than beating Betsy Layne by 2 on the road? They beat a Bryan Station team in a tournament at Bourbon County, but the Defenders are having a down year for them. Knott has beaten the teams they should have beaten and lost to the teams they should have lost to. And there's still that 11 point loss at Powell County, a team that couldn't get past the first round of the 56th district tournament. You make it sound like Estill has no chance in this game, and you probably said the same thing about Powell before they played the Patroits.

listen pal, i don't wanna continue this argument cause i'm actually taking knott central's side. i don't want that happening. my point is this, estill is not a very talented team. yes they have 18 wins, yes they're in the final four of the 14th region, but honestly that's not saying much. we live in a sport's time today where # of wins should mean more then quality wins. i didn't even see the knott-powell game, i was happy to see the patriots lose. estill has a chance, just because knott will allow them to have that chance. put it this way, if estill was playing perry on monday....well. i won't even go there.
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:listen pal, i don't wanna continue this argument cause i'm actually taking knott central's side. i don't want that happening. my point is this, estill is not a very talented team. yes they have 18 wins, yes they're in the final four of the 14th region, but honestly that's not saying much. we live in a sport's time today where # of wins should mean more then quality wins. i didn't even see the knott-powell game, i was happy to see the patriots lose. estill has a chance, just because knott will allow them to have that chance. put it this way, if estill was playing perry on monday....well. i won't even go there.
I'll go there. Estill couldn't beat Perry on Monday and neither could Knott.

And I'm glad we're still "pals".
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:i've seen estill twice this year. they are the least talented team of the four remaining. they have no size, no athlete's, and they can't keep up with teams that are more talented then them and they of course struggle against a team with any size. breathitt's big boy could have had a field day but didn't. knott will out rebound them by double digits, they'll score multiple fast break points, and they should win this game by double digits. there's no way this estill team would be 27-4, no matter what schedule they played. they played a very weak schedule, they should be 24-7 but they couldn't even beat teams like morgan county, jackson county, and model who have a combined record of 29-52.

its hard on players to play several times in a row. Morgan County was the 1st game of the season under a new head coach, they were learning the offense. why don't you take KCC to Model and see how the ref's call that game, i bet you anything Model would keep it close. if i'm not mistaking Buckhorn has the Top Player in Region and Top 25 player in the State in Matt Day and they held him to just 14 points when he usually scores around 30, they had to beat us on a buzzer beating shot, umm when we played Letcher, which is another top team in region, they beat us by 3. if i'm not mistaking Powell county beat KCC and we beat them twice. if your not a KCC Fan then why do you have there Avatar?
Congrats To The Engineers On The Win, Hope They Can Beat KCC Monday. ill be cheering you all on, if i'm not able to make it there
Let's keep the personal attacks out of it, guys. There's no reason for it.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I'll go there. Estill couldn't beat Perry on Monday and neither could Knott.

And I'm glad we're still "pals".

finally, we agree. perry would beat estill by as many as they wanted and perry would beat knott by 6-12.

Aslan Wrote:neverguesswhoiam, if you don't like KCC, then what's up with your avatar and location?

haha, all apart of the sarcasm sir. pretty great, huh? :rockon:

Strikeout King Wrote:its hard on players to play several times in a row. Morgan County was the 1st game of the season under a new head coach, they were learning the offense. why don't you take KCC to Model and see how the ref's call that game, i bet you anything Model would keep it close. if i'm not mistaking Buckhorn has the Top Player in Region and Top 25 player in the State in Matt Day and they held him to just 14 points when he usually scores around 30, they had to beat us on a buzzer beating shot, umm when we played Letcher, which is another top team in region, they beat us by 3. if i'm not mistaking Powell county beat KCC and we beat them twice. if your not a KCC Fan then why do you have there Avatar?
b

blah, blah, blah, blah. we could go back and fourth for days, won't make a difference. only think we can do is wait for monday, see what happens. as for my kcc avatar and what not, see my above statement. as for matt day and buckhorn, and i'm sure i'll catch a lot from this, he's good. but not near as good as you people on here and around here make him out to be. as for buckhorn, well we seen that they weren't the #2 ranked team in the mountains and real quick. estill has done nothing, i mean nothing to impress me and make me even consider them a talented or good team. yes, they came back from a 16 point deficit but look who it was against. if that was against hazard, letcher, knott, i would be impressed. it was breathitt.
Congrats to Trevor Jones, an 8th grader, on winning the MVP. Well deserved, to a great kid, lookout for this one folks, he will be a dandy!
Lucky13 Wrote:Congrats to Trevor Jones, an 8th grader, on winning the MVP. Well deserved, to a great kid, lookout for this one folks, he will be a dandy!

He already is a dandy i love to watch him play i think if it was not fot the ankle injury he would be getting alot more playing time.We have alot of young kids that will keep this winning year going for along time. I think Estill will be a factor in the 14th region for along time.Great year for Estill no matter what people think it's been alot of fun great caring and hard working coaches that has this program on the way up. One at a time now engineers. Good luck Monday night.
neverguesswhoiam Wrote:finally, we agree. perry would beat estill by as many as they wanted and perry would beat knott by 6-12.

Perry beat Knott by 20 the only time they played this year. What makes you think it won't be by that many points, or more, if they meet again?
Congrats estill. way to represent the 56th. good luck and i hope you keep rolling.
guardtheball Wrote:He already is a dandy i love to watch him play i think if it was not fot the ankle injury he would be getting alot more playing time.We have alot of young kids that will keep this winning year going for along time. I think Estill will be a factor in the 14th region for along time.Great year for Estill no matter what people think it's been alot of fun great caring and hard working coaches that has this program on the way up. One at a time now engineers. Good luck Monday night.

I was told by an Estill fan at the district tournament that Estill had a load of talent in their youth programs. He said one of their teams lost at Scott County by 1 point. He talked like the future really looked bright for the Engineers.