Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrimmages?
Anybody know any dates for scheduled scrimmages?
We prolly won't see any scrimmages til the week before the season starts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Lawrence County will scrimmage Letcher County Central at Letcher on March 12th @ 1:00 pm.
12th Campbell County / Beechwood - All three levels
Powell County Will Be Scrimmaging Johnson Central
Pikeville's annual Maroon and White game will be Today, Saturday, March 12th.
The Lawrence County - Letcher Central scrimmage has been changed to Lawrence County. The time is still up in the air. It could possibly be at 3:00 or 4:00 today (March 12th).
Middlesboro beat Morristown West (TN) 13-3 today in a scrimmage. Good showing for MHS as West is always a great team with a lot of tradition.
Harlan Co and Knox played today, as did South Laurel and I believe Tates Creek.

Knox scrimmages SL Tuesday, and Harlan Co srimmages Corbin on that day as well.
Greenup Co played Spring Valley, WV on 3/8. Greenup 9 Spring Valley 3
Greenup Co plays Fairland on 3/15. Appears to be a rebuilding year for GC.
Evidently some last minute changes Johnson Central hosted Fairview and the Letcher Central scrimmage was at Lawrence Co. I suppose it was with because of weather?
anyone know any scores of any scrimmages?
I believe Lawrence County defeated Letcher Central 22-2 with Shepard and Moore both going yard.
jackson18 Wrote:anyone know any scores of any scrimmages?

Knox and Harlan Co didnt have the score board running during their scrimmage Saturday, but Knox won something like 8-5, 9-7 something in that scoring vacinity. Knox had the lead when Varsity players came out as well as the end of the game. Granted this game was not played to win by either team, they both played to get better. Knox nor Harlan Co showed one another their best outing with mass pitching changes and mass substitutions. But, thats what scrimmages are for.:Thumbs:
Shelby County scrimmages on Wednesday March 16 and Collins scrimmages on Saturday March 19
Sheldon Clark @ Pikeville - Tuesday 3/15
Estill had there blue/white scrimmage last week i believe?
Walton-Verona plays Lloyd on Thursday and Cooper on Saturday.
Allen Central @ Knott Central - Thursday 3/17

Johnson Central @ Knott Central - Friday 3/18

Weather permitting!!!
I watched several innings of East Carter vs Rowan Co. @ Morehead tonight. They played 7 innings and East won 14-0 I believe. I was told Rowan had 4 starters that play basketball and a couple of bench players. East had 2 gone on senior trip. East seemed to have alot of pitching depth, They threw 4 guys and all 4 looked good, especially the last kid. Rowan threw Tackett 2 innings and then the pitching seemed to fall off quite a bit.
barbourville plays williamsburg tomorrow
Somerset at Bryan Station today 12:30
Campbell County @ Beechwood today @11:00