Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the 15th region Tournament
Even though we don't know all the district winners and runners-up, we do know who the 8 teams are that will be in the regional tournament next week. How would you rank them right now? I realize that JC, BL, or Pikeville could get upset in their district finals, but if they did, I wouldn't drop them due to one game anyway.

Here's mine:

1) Betsy Layne
2) Johnson Central
3) Pikeville
4) South Floyd
5) Sheldon Clark
6) Pike Central
7) Belfry
8) Shelby Valley

What I think is really amazing is I don't think there's that much difference between the 1st team and the 8th team. Even though JC, BL, and Pikeville still have to be considered the favorites, this is a tournament where I could see any team beating any of the other teams. It should be a great week of games!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What is the schedule for these games?
Love to see JC win it all, but you are correct. Its anyone's tournament. Pike Central in my eyes is higher than 6. I would take them over SC. Go EAGLES!!!
^

Not been determined yet.
1.Betsy Layne
2.Johnson Central (Winner IMO)
3.Pikeville
4.Pike Central
5.South Floyd
6.Sheldon Clark
7.Valley
8.Belfry
1. Betsy Layne
2. Johnson Central
3. Pikeville
4. Sheldon Clark
5. Pike Central
6. South FLoyd
7. Belfry
8. Valley

And I honestly don't know who I think will win it at this point.
1. Betsy Layne
2. Johnson Central
3. Pikeville
4. South Floyd
5. Pike Central
6. Shelby Valley
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Belfry
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:1. Betsy Layne
2. Johnson Central
3. Pikeville
4. South Floyd
5. Pike Central
6. Shelby Valley
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Belfry

I dont see how Valley can be above SC when SC beat them 63-38 this season
1) Betsy Layne
2) Johnson Central
3) Pikeville
4) Sheldon Clark
5) South Floyd
6) Pike Central
7) Belfry
8) Shelby Valley
Belfry doesn't have a chance unless they get a new coach and use their original players, who are all team players. Watching the Pike Central game changed my whole view of Randy Casey.
How do you all rank Pike Central over South Floyd, when the Raiders just drilled the Hawks by 27 points about a week ago..... funny......
1.) Betsy Layne
2.) Johnson Central
3.) Pikeville
4.) Pike Central
5.) South Floyd
6.) Sheldon Clark
7.) Belfry
8.) Shelby Valley

I would not want to draw Pike Central in this regional tournament because they are by far the most dangerous team in it. Take that back, I would not want to play them period.
It's a mix-up. Hope everyone has the #1 spot right. It will be a great tug of war regional.
CardinalAlum Wrote:I dont see how Valley can be above SC when SC beat them 63-38 this season

I certainly wouldn't rank Valley above Sheldon Clark. With a record of 10-16, and with only one win against the region's upper echelon (that being against JC), I can't see ranking them anywhere but #8. Personally, I have SC at #5, just a hair above Pike Central.

But despite the result from earlier this season, I think it's safe to say that as of right now, there's no way SC is 25 points better than Valley. If they played, I would expect about a 5-6 point win for the Cardinals this time around.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EasyMoney Wrote:1.) Betsy Layne
2.) Johnson Central
3.) Pikeville
4.) Pike Central
5.) South Floyd
6.) Sheldon Clark
7.) Belfry
8.) Shelby Valley

I would not want to draw Pike Central in this regional tournament because they are by far the most dangerous team in it. Take that back, I would not want to play them period.

I agree that PC is dangerous in the sense that Hobo can take over a game and carry his team to a victory. But they have also been very inconsistent this year. On one hand they have wins over Hazard, Betsy Layne, and twice over Belfry. On the other hand, they have suffered blowout losses to both South Floyd and East Ridge this season.

Myself, it's hard to predict how far the Hawks will go. As a district winner, they should theoretically have an easier opening game of the tournament. But they could lose in the first round just as easily as they could win the whole thing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1) Betsy Layne
2) Johnson Central
3) Pikeville
4) Pike Central
5) South Floyd
6) Sheldon Clark
7) Belfry
8) Shelby Valley

PCC vs SF will be quite a game.
JC and BETSY LANE IN FINALS IF NOT IN SAME BRACKET. JC WINNER.
Johnson Central will be your regional champs, no matter which bracket, they will be heading to Rupp!
I think that it has to be like this:
1) Betsy Layne (Predicted) Champion
2) Johnson Central (predicted) Champion
3) Pikeville-Champion
4) Pike Central-Champion
5) Sheldon Clark- (Predicted) Runner up
6) South Floyd-Runner up
7) Belfry-Runner up
8) Shelby Valley-Runner up

Like mentioned before, the parity is insane within this region. So think about this, the worst team in the tourney (8) beat one of three frontrunners (2) and pushed the other two to extremely close games (1 and 3). Pike Central has been beat by Sheldon Clark (5) by 15, South Floyd by 25 as well as Belfry once but beat the All A champs (1) a week after their crown. Belfry (7) has beat Sheldon Clark (5) but lost to South Floyd..... It can go on and on through out the whole season. I really think that this regional tourney is a toss up seeing as every other team can make a winning correlation to any other squad in the region. I am hoping that it provides for some great games and some big time upsets but it still can completely go "All chalk". In the end, I will take Johnson Central as the regional champions.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I think that it has to be like this:
1) Betsy Layne (Predicted) Champion
2) Johnson Central (predicted) Champion
3) Pikeville-Champion
4) Pike Central-Champion
5) Sheldon Clark- (Predicted) Runner up
6) South Floyd-Runner up
7) Belfry-Runner up
8) Shelby Valley-Runner up

Like mentioned before, the parity is insane within this region. So think about this, the worst team in the tourney (8) beat one of three frontrunners (2) and pushed the other two to extremely close games (1 and 3). Pike Central has been beat by Sheldon Clark (5) by 15, South Floyd by 25 as well as Belfry once but beat the All A champs (1) a week after their crown. Belfry (7) has beat Sheldon Clark (5) but lost to South Floyd..... It can go on and on through out the whole season. I really think that this regional tourney is a toss up seeing as every other team can make a winning correlation to any other squad in the region. I am hoping that it provides for some great games and some big time upsets but it still can completely go "All chalk". In the end, I will take Johnson Central as the regional champions.

We didn't play SF. We've beaten SV, SC, PC once, and lost to Pikeville by 6.
Belfry0304 Wrote:We didn't play SF. We've beaten SV, SC, PC once, and lost to Pikeville by 6.
he meant that to be Pike Central put in a period oppose to a comma.
I see JC in the finals!
Here's my rankings:

1) Betsy Layne
1) Johnson Central
1) Pikeville
1) Pike Central
1) South Floyd
1) Sheldon Clark
1) Belfry
1) Shelby Valley

God knows what may end up happening this year! It's who ever shows up for three games!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
CardinalAlum Wrote:I dont see how Valley can be above SC when SC beat them 63-38 this season

SV has improved.. and sc has a completly different team now.. still think sc is better though even though if somehow they played sv would give them a run for there money..
1. Johnson Central
2. Betsy Lane
3. Pikeville
4. South Floyd
5. Pike Central
6. Belfry
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Shelby Valley

Top 2 teams could be in a league of there own if they come out and play there best ball.
Pikeville is clearly the 3rd best team i think..
I think my 4 and 5 teams are really even so i gave south floyd the edge since the handled Pike central easy in the regular season..
6,7,8 teams are about even i think.. i would be highly surprised if any of them wins this the 15th this year..
^^ SC beat south Floyd by 7 a couple weeks ago.
SF is the big sleeper here, they could very well end up the last team standing.
OffTheHook Wrote:Here's my rankings:

1) Betsy Layne
1) Johnson Central
1) Pikeville
1) Pike Central
1) South Floyd
1) Sheldon Clark
1) Belfry
1) Shelby Valley

God knows what may end up happening this year! It's who ever shows up for three games!
:Thumbs:
MVP2 Wrote:1.Betsy Layne
2.Johnson Central
3.Pikeville
4.Pike Central
5.South Floyd
6.Sheldon Clark
7.Valley
8.Belfry

^ this

I look for BL to take it this year
Belfry0304 Wrote:We didn't play SF. We've beaten SV, SC, PC once, and lost to Pikeville by 6.

Yep, sorry about that. I think I may have been looking at Pike Central's page when I was researching. What you have in your post should be in that part of mine :Thumbs:
Thanks!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]